LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 08:02 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts
Default New Perspective

Last week my wife and I met our son and daughter-in-law for dinner at a local BBQ place. After dinner, we decided to run over to the 24/7 donut shop we love. My son asked if he could drive. So, for the very first time, I sat in the back. Holy cow the front dash looked like it was a mile away! And I have the standard 460. I felt pretty special back there I must say.

Can't even imagine what it feels like in the back of a 460L. Must be pretty insane!
Old 02-04-15, 08:15 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Last week my wife and I met our son and daughter-in-law for dinner at a local BBQ place. After dinner, we decided to run over to the 24/7 donut shop we love. My son asked if he could drive. So, for the very first time, I sat in the back. Holy cow the front dash looked like it was a mile away! And I have the standard 460. I felt pretty special back there I must say.

Can't even imagine what it feels like in the back of a 460L. Must be pretty insane!
oh is it ever! especially while reclining and getting a massage!

last week me and my mom wanted to watch a DVD without interruption, so i had a driver take us on a 60 minute drive while we enjoyed an IMAX like experience in the back (she got the massage seat!) with the 19 speakers doing their best (yes the screen is smaller but the sound is HUGE).

When you can stretch your legs our cross your legs when you are 6'3" it's impressive!
Old 02-04-15, 10:50 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Wink

The LS 460 L rear seating is extremely roomy and comfortable. My rear seat passengers are amazed at the adjustable seating and individual climate control.
Old 02-04-15, 11:10 AM
BCrews
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the passenger rear is the only seat with the footrest- but on the 460 is it ONLY the 1 seat that reclines/massages now? Bad enough with my 430 passengers they fight over which TWO get to sit in the back- if only 1 gets the executive treatment in my next car- they may push me to find another 430!
Old 02-04-15, 11:18 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BCrews
I know the passenger rear is the only seat with the footrest- but on the 460 is it ONLY the 1 seat that reclines/massages now? Bad enough with my 430 passengers they fight over which TWO get to sit in the back- if only 1 gets the executive treatment in my next car- they may push me to find another 430!
Excellent question! Bear in mind that the rear right on the 2007-2012 Executive Class cars are a true massage not some wimpy vibration like the LS430 (believe me i owned a 430UL ). And yes it is only the rear right with the massage AND vibration.

That being said, the rear left still does recline...

now on the 2013-2014 Executive Class Package brings vibration to both sides once again, but leaves the full massage on the right side only.
Old 02-04-15, 11:27 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
The LS 460 L rear seating is extremely roomy and comfortable. My rear seat passengers are amazed at the adjustable seating and individual climate control.
Took the words off my fingertips, passengers are always amazed that Lexus produced a car with all of the options and outstanding legroom. Especially my friends with German Luxury cars, they have no clue but are quite surprised after I give them a quick tour.
Old 02-09-15, 12:08 PM
BCrews
Rookie

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Excellent question! Bear in mind that the rear right on the 2007-2012 Executive Class cars are a true massage not some wimpy vibration like the LS430 (believe me i owned a 430UL ). And yes it is only the rear right with the massage AND vibration.

That being said, the rear left still does recline...

now on the 2013-2014 Executive Class Package brings vibration to both sides once again, but leaves the full massage on the right side only.
Thanks for your reply!

While the vibration may be "wimpy" compared to "true massage" to REMOVE a feature that we've come accustomed to is a huge oversight in my opinion.

When it comes time for me to upgrade- I would want all the features my previous car had. It's disappointing to hear that not only was this not fixed till 2013- but ONLY a feature in the executive class, if I understand you correctly, meaning we have to give up the possibility of a 3rd seat in the back?

I've sat in the 460L executive and while impressive- I do not care for a fixed armrest- there are too many times I still need the functionality of a 3rd seat or the ability to seat something across all 3 seats in the back- but to have to sacrifice luxury features we had in older models as a result is definitely a shame.

Thanks for your confirmation- it's hard to find such detail on the Lexus or other sites!
Old 02-09-15, 12:31 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

BCrews i have to admit i was wrong on one part of this...

The Ultra Luxury Package does offer almost the identical features as the LS430UL, still has the 3rd row seat, and adds a DVD player.
Old 02-19-15, 01:04 PM
BCrews
Rookie

Originally Posted by peteybabes
BCrews i have to admit i was wrong on one part of this...

The Ultra Luxury Package does offer almost the identical features as the LS430UL, still has the 3rd row seat, and adds a DVD player.
Just now seeing this- thanks for the reply! Is it me or is it hard to find clear descriptions of the way to configure this car? I see them talk about the executive seating all the time- but not the UL as a trim- finally found the seating options- buried on the site. I think the entertainment can only be had with the Executive package on the L vehicles... also look at the Executive package, it insinuates that this is the only way to get the extra leather bits + Alacantara headliner- so they REMOVED this from the standard UL? Course at $6,800 option, it's less money than the $11k+ on my 2004... but the base prices are also quite a bit different.

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/packa...luxury-package