LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

!!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 07:12 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 259 Posts

Wheels are a funny thing - I've seen several styles that I did not like at first but ended up buying eventually!
Old 01-28-15, 08:37 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Thanks for the kind words my friend!

VERY nice ride.......and I actually don't mind those wheels. But then again, people didn't like my selection for wheels either so, what do I know??!! LOL.

Congrats and enjoy the new toy.

So what's first on the list for mods, hmmmm??
Old 01-29-15, 04:54 AM
Nospinzone

Received 408 Likes on 316 Posts

Congrats on the new ride and good luck with it!
Old 01-29-15, 06:16 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
PB!! Thank you ever so kindly! A personal thanks to you as well, as we've exchanged a few PM's as well.
To answer your question, yes the interior is black.
What's funny is that I felt I really wanted Metallic Silver with the Ash interior, but after giving it more though, with me living in a mostly cold region and dealing with snow, dirty snow at that, a child and light colored interior...well simply put-for me, that just made no sense! So I gladly welcome a darker interior!
BTW, if I never voiced my opinion regarding your LS, I absolutely love your color!
Thanks for your kind words CRowe14, to be honest this isn't my color combo of choice, but this was the only light interior car I could find at the time with the options, miles, and price. I prefer a Starfire or Black over Alabaster with the light brown birdseye maple trim.
Old 01-29-15, 06:47 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Same color as mine...beautiful car! Congrats, I know you've looked around long and hard for one.

How many miles?

Double: Indeed a beautiful color! I never even considered this to be a color I felt I would like. It wasn't until I saw it in person. I saw it at night the first time, the the took it inside of the cleaning bay and I saw the color change! I was really wowed by that and said to myself..."this car is just gorgeous! I'm a fool of I do t pull the trigger"! So I say I'm complete agreement that this color is quite a classy, beautiful color. I purchased the car with 65.5k on the dash.
Old 01-29-15, 07:49 AM
jmcraney

Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

CRowe14,

Congratulations on your newly acquired 2007 LS460L. It's a beautiful car and I know you feel like royalty when you take it for a drive and drive your family, friends and coworkers around. You will be a popular designated driver now because of that luxury ride.

Thank you for acknowledging me and the others as contributors of useful information. I have gained a lot of information and insight from all of those that you mentioned and many who were not mentioned. It is especially gratifying to know that our comments are read as sometimes we don't get much feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you have looked at our comments and found some of them useful.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 01-29-15, 08:03 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

CROWE - Congratulations on the vehicle! You will love the L. I can't see your pictures at the moment, I'm at work.

I settled for the color I have, it's not my favorite. I've seen 10's of thousands of cars going down an assembly line, and to me the best color combo was a dark red with a tan / camel interior. Like Tee's.

I took the Smoky Granite with the light interior. I'm bonding with it. I took it because it was like a brand new car for less than half price. Less than 14k on the odometer. Plus it was an L with the Executive rear seats. Plus, I absolutely love my stock wheels. They are the 19" 5 spoke chromes. I told my 2009 M5 (V-10) buddy here at work about the wheels and he said, "I don't like chrome wheels." I drove it to his house over Christmas break first time he saw it. He said, "Dayim, that car is sexy, including those chrome wheels." I agree, the chrome 5 spokes are GREAT for a stock wheel.

I can't see the 600H wheels here at work you guys are talking about, will check it out when I'm home. But check out the 5 spoke 19" wheels too.

Again, a big high 5. Welcome to ownership. I'm sitting back, trying to learn. I hope I can contribute well also. I'm trying to develop straight pipes, and find the friggin fog light relay.

7milesout
Old 01-29-15, 01:49 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Roadfrog:

You are very welcome brother! The words are truths! I hold you as well as many others with such high regard, due to your breadth of knowledge concerning this vehicle. Especially all of the DIY threads you've constructed! I love DIY so please, and I say this with all due respect: please clean out your PM box, as I will be bothering you often over years to come!
Now, my wheels, its funny because over the last few days, they're beginning to grow on me! Wheels are such a personal thing!
And lastly...MOD'S!?!?!?!?! Man...its hard to even think about because im simply still awestruck by the "off of the line" factory appearance. Just an outright beautiful car amidst its own distinction. However...stepping back, I love the tail lights that I believe you, Tee and CJITTY have. The turn signal side views are great! LED interior treatments perhaps, however I do like the warm feeling of the lights as they are. Wheels at some point (whole other learning process), and maybe installing something that will enable audio streaming (if its even out there)!
Thanks man!

Nospinzone:
Another valuable member! Thank you for your words good Sir! it is greatly appreciated!

Peteybabes:
That color combo is absolutely stunning! Especially that interior! Something about that Birdseye maple is so refined, classy and pure luxury. That is actually my favorite wood trim/accent color! Just gorgeous! And the Starfire....beautiful...just soo darn hard to find!

jmcraney:
Sir, i'll never forget and will always be incredibly thankful for that informative and very detailed PM you sent me some weeks ago! It helped me more than you know. So again, a kind thank you!
I have enjoyed the few drives I've had by myself as well as the ones with my family. its just a feeling I've never gotten driving any other car. This is my very first luxury car and I feel as though I have been cheating myself all these years!
In regards to the acknowledgement, I feel it necessary. Necessary because not one person is obligated in any fashion to contribute issues nor issue resolve in this forum, yet people do. More over, to be an active member, a contributing member who, in my opinion, not only cares about their own vehicle, but others as well, means that with every entry, one must read, reflect and then compose threads/entries. All of this takes something none of us can retain back: Time. So because this forum is something that none of you guys have to do, but choose to do and do it with such pertinence and in such an informative fashion, to not show appreciation would be shameful and a bit disrespectful. I have reached out to a number of you gentleman, and not once have I been given a cold shoulder. The quality of the responses have always been more reflective and more informative than I could have ever asked for. So thank you for taking the time to be such a beacon of information, and I only ask that you don't disappear from the forum!

7milesout:
Thank you very kindly Sir!
I tell Tee all of the time that his exterior color is one to marvel at, as Lexus, in my opinion outdid themselves with that color! Its just stunning! However SGM is nothing to scoff at either! Beautiful! I read about your purchase before and I'll say what I was thinking then: You obtained a HELL of a car! I see the distance you traveled to obtain the car, but I am sure you did all of the necessary homework and it was well worth your while! And to reiterate, that entry you posted some weeks ago regarding your experience as an engineer with Toyota and Hyundai: Simply stellar!
So far, for stock wheels, I really am attracted to the chrome 5 spokes. Very clean.
Im holding my hand up to receive the high five with a childish grin! And thank you, thus far, i'm still awestruck by this vehicle, as I sit back and learn as well. Like you, i'm hoping to be a member that can help others, as you guys have all helped me so much! As you are busy down there in ATL working on a design for pipes (and keep us posted), i'm up here in the Chicagoland region, sitting and marveling at this finely crafted machine we all own and love: The LS 460.
Old 01-29-15, 01:53 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Double: Indeed a beautiful color! I never even considered this to be a color I felt I would like. It wasn't until I saw it in person. I saw it at night the first time, the the took it inside of the cleaning bay and I saw the color change! I was really wowed by that and said to myself..."this car is just gorgeous! I'm a fool of I do t pull the trigger"! So I say I'm complete agreement that this color is quite a classy, beautiful color. I purchased the car with 65.5k on the dash.
I'd consider 65.5k to pretty low in miles for a car like this. What I've found is that they age very well.
Old 01-29-15, 02:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

big congrats on your new car!!! that's one lovely color!
Old 01-29-15, 03:46 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm at home now and I see you pics. Fabulous. Something about these L's, they just look long, lean and smooooth.

I'll be honest, I'm liking your wheels. I'd be very careful about replacing them. Not sure I like the 7 spoke much better.
Old 01-29-15, 07:19 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats! Beautiful black exterior with chrome wheels will be an eye catcher.
Old 01-30-15, 12:28 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Congratulations, CRowe14! Your patience surely paid off. The car is beautiful, and I love that color (I'm a bit partial, shall we say... see '08 LS 460L )!

Enjoy! All the best to you.
Old 01-30-15, 12:58 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Double:
I thought 65.5 was pretty low myself, considering the year, and it was very well taken care of. Still pinching myself a bit. This car definitely ages well! Its actually kind of eerie how well its aged! A well manicured unit can easily be placed beside a 2015-anything and give it a run for its money! Beautiful machines!

rominl:
Thank you kindly Sir. Much gratitude!

7miles:
Thanks so much! You said it perfectly: long, lean and smooooth!!! This car simply reeks class! And regarding the wheels, as I said, they are growing on me! Overall, I simply can not complain! Thanks man!

dlbucksls10:
Thank you kindly for your time and words!
The color is actually Black Sapphire Pearl! Wasn't a huge fan until I saw it up close.
I honestly don't think Lexus makes a bad color! The car itself is so beautiful....
Thanks!

caha14:
Indeed the patience factor paid off! I have to really thank you guys for instilling that theory within me. The process in really obtaining a great, well manicured vehicle from start to finish has been a learning experience that will benefit me from here on out! So thanks so much for the help, feedback and compliments! And yes indeed...I must say that I am now a bit partial the BSP color! They are without a doubt, things of beauty.
Old 01-31-15, 03:50 PM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on your new car. Nice color combo.