LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear sunshade settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-15, 06:38 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rear sunshade settings

The sunshade in my gs430 crapped out after about a year of use. 3GS cars have this as a common problem for those who use it. So I'm sure this one will also go at some point. I have Lexus warranty and it's probably covered if it does. But I rather not go through that. I really don't want people taking out back seats and and doing work, then hoping that no rattles or weird new noises come up.

Aside from taking the fuse out. Is there a way to make it not go down when car is in reverse?

I read somewhere that setting 36 disables it. Will Carista app get to this setting or must I pay the dealer to do it.
I rather not cut wires either but will if it's the only option.

Also if I wanted to have rear door sunshades on my swb, what would i need to get. The complete door panels of another car? Did any swb cars come with them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-15, 08:09 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
The sunshade in my gs430 crapped out after about a year of use. 3GS cars have this as a common problem for those who use it. So I'm sure this one will also go at some point. I have Lexus warranty and it's probably covered if it does. But I rather not go through that. I really don't want people taking out back seats and and doing work, then hoping that no rattles or weird new noises come up.

Aside from taking the fuse out. Is there a way to make it not go down when car is in reverse?

I read somewhere that setting 36 disables it. Will Carista app get to this setting or must I pay the dealer to do it.
I rather not cut wires either but will if it's the only option.

Also if I wanted to have rear door sunshades on my swb, what would i need to get. The complete door panels of another car? Did any swb cars come with them?

Thanks in advance.
Absolutely no reason to cut wires. If you must, just pull the fuse for it! I know for sure you can use techstream to disable the auto down in reverse completely, or change the timeout for it, and I am 99% sure carista does it. You can view the settings carista will change before you even pay for it. It really is a well put together app!

Don't know about rear side sunshades, I think there would be a few things like the door panel, the center control panel where the gear shifter is, and the buttons on the center rear console to operate them.

-Joe
Old 01-16-15, 08:19 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't think you can do the rear doors side sunshades with a SWB because the parts for it are meant for a longer door (I'm heavily assuming the LWB version has longer doors)
Old 01-16-15, 08:22 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, Carista can do that! (assuming you're talking about the setting that controls whether or not your sunshade goes down in reverse gear automatically).

And yes, as jamodeo mentioned, you can see what settings Carista supports for your particular car before you purchase the "Pro Package" in the app. That package allows you to change those settings.
Old 01-16-15, 08:39 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks

I download the app on android tablet , my coworkers.
And ordered the obd2 adapter on Amazon

Should be here Sunday.

Will report back .

I'll be super happy playing with settings.

Sunshade in R off
Auto steering off
And a few other things.