LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ls460 vs lx570

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 03:32 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls460 vs lx570

Which would you guys pick and why? 2015 model that is.. And which one will be the first to end its cycle?
Old 12-10-14, 05:44 AM
vadpink
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely pick the LS model... Not into the big SUV's.
Old 12-10-14, 05:46 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
Which would you guys pick and why? 2015 model that is.. And which one will be the first to end its cycle?
If you want a second SUV to consider look at infiniti QX80, less money and a great vehicle. Get the LS460 AWD LWB model and you will have less need for. An SUV IMHO.
Old 12-10-14, 07:05 AM
greekguy66
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess most would ask based on each owns priorities and wants.

I don't have a need for a big SUV. So what I would want is a LS based on my priorities and lifestyle.
Old 12-10-14, 07:18 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

As mentioned, this is more of an individual preference. Depends on what you need your ride to do. If you haul lots of things, including kids, then an SUV is for you. If you just want a large luxury vehicle from Lexus then look in to the 2015 LS600H L. You'll get a long wheel base with loads of options.

Your call!
Old 12-10-14, 07:20 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Wow. Apples and oranges to the extreme. Kinda like asking "motorcycle or skidoo?"

For me its the LS......cuz I don't need or want an SUV. LOL.

Last edited by roadfrog; 12-10-14 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-10-14, 08:02 AM
greekguy66
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I think it is more like asking if one should buy the Harley Davidson Electra-Glide or a BMW R1200GS.
Old 12-10-14, 10:28 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I have had many owners over the years want me to drive their big SUVs to let me know what I think especially when they are new. In each and every case I was honest and let them know that it was like driving a truck. No mater how much luxury and sound proofing you pile in them they are still clumsy to drive. This is completely counterintuitive to luxury. I'm not going to deny that my next car after I sell my Accord will be a Subaru Forester because I would like something that can handle the snow and some dirt roads but I know full well where the compromises are and I'm willing to live with the tradeoffs.
I suppose if you want the image of modern luxury for the masses then a luxury SUV will fit the bill but then you will be just like everyone else who likes Starbucks and TGI Fridays.

Last edited by Devh; 12-10-14 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-10-14, 11:41 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are they expected to end their cycle?
Old 12-10-14, 04:43 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
I have had many owners over the years want me to drive their big SUVs to let me know what I think especially when they are new. In each and every case I was honest and let them know that it was like driving a truck. No mater how much luxury and sound proofing you pile in them they are still clumsy to drive. This is completely counterintuitive to luxury. I'm not going to deny that my next car after I sell my Accord will be a Subaru Forester because I would like something that can handle the snow and some dirt roads but I know full well where the compromises are and I'm willing to live with the tradeoffs.
I suppose if you want the image of modern luxury for the masses then a luxury SUV will fit the bill but then you will be just like everyone else who likes Starbucks and TGI Fridays.
I have an accord and with snow tires I'd rather drive it than my wife's AWD crv in the snow. The accord is a tank. I don't know if it's just great weight distribution or what, but I find it to be unstoppable.
Old 12-10-14, 05:48 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I have an accord and with snow tires I'd rather drive it than my wife's AWD crv in the snow. The accord is a tank. I don't know if it's just great weight distribution or what, but I find it to be unstoppable.
Devh and Doublebase:

I'd like to chime in if I may regarding the Accord's behavior and capabilities in the snow.
I reside in the Midwest-Chicagoland area and have driven my 2000 Honda Accord 2Dr in every winter*since 2003. I'm not sure what the year is of your respectable vehicles (understanding the multiple build differences the Accord has undertaken over the last 15 years thus the variables of weight and build differences), my Accord has been, as Double described it, a tank. I also think it has to do with the person behind the wheel as well, but my car has been absolutely great in the snow over many, many years. I've always wondered what it was myself. It's sure footed, handles great, and I never feel insecure regarding the ride nor its capabilities to handle ice and snow. But I must also say, that my wife drives a 2012 Pilot and that's not too shabby either!! Very solid, heavy vehicle that churns through the snow without much, if any hesitation at all. I feel very confident I saying such, as last year heading into work on a winter morning, there was an accident on the main thoroughfare and I had been sitting nearly idle for 70 minutes. Once I had an opportunity to take a side road, I did. I was in my wife's Pilot as I had driven her to work and wasn't sure of the capabilities, but figured with AWD, I'd test it as well as thinking I should be ok. Due to a storm the previous day, the snow on the side road was about a bit above bumper level. The Pilot took it like a champ and then some. I was surprised as it was very steady and felt very strong.
Old 12-11-14, 05:05 AM
robert1408
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
When are they expected to end their cycle?
The LS 460 is due for replacement as a 2016 model. I haven't heard about an LX 570 replacement yet. The currant model dates to 2008 I believe and so will likely end its cycle by the 2016 model year.
Old 12-11-14, 02:28 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Honestly, unless heavily discounted, I would not buy a new LX. Don't get me wrong; we love ours, but I think it is beyond disappointing that Lexus has not made a single meaningful improvement to it in the last couple of years (like adding BSM, like you can get on an IS), yet the price keeps going up. If I were looking for an SUV in that class at the moment, I would have to look outside Lexus (in duress, mind you, but still).
Old 12-11-14, 07:32 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Does one feature higher grade materials than the other?

Or, are both on the same lux / quality level?

Old 12-11-14, 07:40 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
Does one feature higher grade materials than the other?

Or, are both on the same lux / quality level?

Quality/fit I would say is comparable (not that I've played with the 2015 LS, but I think it's safe to extrapolate). Otherwise, optional semi-aniline leather is just about the only "extra" the LX has. Dashboard is still vinyl with no stitching, etc. LS wins on this front. LS also has the bigger screen.

Again, other than the MY2013 facelift, I don't know what Lexus has been thinking on the LX. Their only saving grace is reliability over much of the competition. Then again, there is the Infiniti QX, which is not bad at all. Heck, the camera system was - years ago - where the LX's isn't. It is a bit ugly, though, IMHO, compared to LX, but it is a nice truck for much cheaper, as an earlier poster mentioned.

Last edited by caha14; 12-11-14 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Ls460 vs lx570