LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vaistech IVIC-DR????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 12:37 AM
iffyste
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djcrawf
I purchased the IVIC-DR when it first came out several weeks ago so I can provide my thoughts.

I am using it with the LG G3 and I think it is a great upgrade to the stock sound system capability. The installation was pretty easy (I mounted it under the carpet in the passenger side of the transmission tunnel as others here have recommended) and Vais tech support has been superb for the few questions I've had along the way. I haven't had any real issues with the unit and it works flawlessly (I occasionally lose the signal temporarily but I am pretty sure this is due to the adapter I am using).

This unit still lacks the ability to use the back up camera for cars without self park. I purchased the video harness that will allow me to plug in a backup camera that I can then access via the IVIC menu. I plan to either tap into the existing backup camera if possible or just replace the factory camera with a new one. The one issue is that you would have to select the camera input from the interface each time you wanted to use it which wouldn't be horrible however, when you start the car you must wait for a period of time before the "Warning" screen turns off; by this time I am already out of the driveway. It would be nice if it could be set to default to the camera input when the unit receives power and then show the warning message once the unit is switched back to the phone input mode.

I had to use a slimport to HDMI adapter and it appears that not all adapters are the same. The SP1002 adapter works perfectly and charges the phone when you connect a micro USB cable to it. The issue that that this adapter has a short (4-5") micro USB that plugs into the phone so I cannot keep it hidden as I would like. I tried to add an extension cable to this and It would not work. I tried a different adapter that has a longer micro USB cable but it charged at a slower rate that would not keep up with the power draw.

Like I said earlier, I think this a great addition to the LS sound system and I am very happy with it. I purchased it in preparation of adding new speakers, amps, and sub-woofer to my LS. I use Rhapsody and Spotify to stream all of my music (I have unlimited data on my phone) along with the Tune In app to listen to my local radio stations. Sound quality is pretty good- better than what it sounds like in my wife's GX460 when streaming via Bluetooth- it's not as compressed sounding. I love being able to use Google maps on my nav screen as well as read my emails (when stopped of course and sending messages via the voice recognition on my phone.

If anyone has any specific questions, I would be glad to answer them.
Good morning i was wondering if you could help i am having trouble with the ivic port app on the lgg3 it keeps force stopping did you have any issue with the app
Old 04-13-15, 06:04 AM
djcrawf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had those problems. It has been pretty solid for me. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it?
Old 04-13-15, 06:41 PM
djcrawf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iffyste
Good morning i was wondering if you could help i am having trouble with the ivic port app on the lgg3 it keeps force stopping did you have any issue with the app
I spoke too soon. I woke up this am and was greeted with a system update to Lollipop. After updating, Ivic Port is now force stopping. Are you running Lollipop? I will contact Vais support to see if an update is on the way to correct this.