LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CPO process - tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 02:33 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by waynedog
Just to clarify a few things:
* the Lexus dealer has done all the work on these tires and has diagnosed it as one or more bad tires
* they took the tires off the wheels and fixed every imperfection in the wheels (tiny dings)
* they have done a full road balance twice now to try and get them balanced
* I did test drive the car on the interstate and did not notice the vibration at that time. It was only a mile or so on the interstate. It appeared when I drove 10 miles' home on the interstate. After each balancing, it drove ok for a mile or so and then the vibration came back. Appears as though there is something wrong with a tire that reappears after driving.
* I called the dealer on the drive home and reported it and they told me that was wrong and they would fix it.
* This is not a CPO "warranty" issue (coverage after the sale). It is a CPO inspection issue which clearly states in the pre sale inspection checklist to check for any vibration when driving and fix it.
Is this car an actual CPO under the Lexus warranty or a car that was sold to different dealership that went through a CPO inspection only and is packaged with a third party warranty.
The reason I ask is because usually most people will state " I bought a CPO Lexus" which states the obvious and entails the inspection and such.
Old 11-09-14, 03:08 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Is this car an actual CPO under the Lexus warranty or a car that was sold to different dealership that went through a CPO inspection only and is packaged with a third party warranty.
The reason I ask is because usually most people will state " I bought a CPO Lexus" which states the obvious and entails the inspection and such.
I think its a CPO vehicle. This is a tough call, they said its the wheels but they cant fix it, during inspection vibration wasnt found, now you have vibration. It all comes down to wheather a dealer is willing to go to the distance out of his way to make you happy, or tell you to fk off.
Old 11-09-14, 03:42 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
I think its a CPO vehicle. This is a tough call, they said its the wheels but they cant fix it, during inspection vibration wasnt found, now you have vibration. It all comes down to wheather a dealer is willing to go to the distance out of his way to make you happy, or tell you to fk off.
If the OPs vehicle is an actual CPO then it can be handled though Lexus corporate.
The most important thing in all of this is the dealerships acknowledgment that they have noted the issue and could not rectify it. If they didn't notice the issue then it's a hard case to prove.
I would then let the dealership know that they sold me a car with bad tires by their own admission. Then I would question the dealership if it acceptable by their standard to sell a car with a known defect that can be a safety related.
I would like to be as ethical as possible however tires are a safety concern and once you go down that road authorization for new factory tires will issued quickly.
Old 11-09-14, 05:13 PM
hfahmy
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

If this is CPO, call Lexus Corp. I've been through the same issue twice, one time the dealer changed the tires, the other Lexus paid 50%
Old 11-10-14, 12:27 PM
greekguy66
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus Corporate Customer Service is the way to go as previously stated. Tires are a safety issue.

Even if all the issues are or aren't resolved at the local dealer that sold the CPO car which passed a CPO inspection, Lexus Corp takes the complaints and concerns and higher level Executive Management reviews them. Then at least they have a history if a dealer is on the up and up, has started slacking, or if issues need to be addressed on how things are done. If anything, in the end, hopefully you help the next consumer that buys a CPO from that dealership or Lexus overall.

I understand some may say why call if resolved and not agree with me, but I feel its a matter of checks and balances.