LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 Bluetooth Stops working after new minutes

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 03:33 PM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS 460 Bluetooth Stops working after new minutes

Here is my problem that the local dealer has no clue what to do about it.

I have a 2007 LS 460. Bluetooth connects fine to my phone and works great for few minutes. Bluetooth disconnects and I get a message to the meaning that Emergency calls terminates the bluetooth connection. Mind you that I did not touch anything nor have I made any emergency calls to cause this. I have to shut off the car and started it again to reconnect which again only lasts few minutes.

Any idea what maybe causing this?? Thank you
Old 04-24-14, 04:54 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I would start trouble shooting with the phone first.
Old 04-24-14, 08:08 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I have 2 Toyota's and 2 Lexus' with Bluetooth and none of them do this. Agree, start troubleshooting with the phone.
Old 04-24-14, 08:19 AM
triniexr
Driver

I would try pairing another phone and also deleting and re-pairing your phone.
Old 04-24-14, 09:17 AM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

delete all pairings, try again with other phones as a test like others said
Old 04-24-14, 12:19 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus2060
Here is my problem that the local dealer has no clue what to do about it.

I have a 2007 LS 460. Bluetooth connects fine to my phone and works great for few minutes. Bluetooth disconnects and I get a message to the meaning that Emergency calls terminates the bluetooth connection. Mind you that I did not touch anything nor have I made any emergency calls to cause this. I have to shut off the car and started it again to reconnect which again only lasts few minutes.

Any idea what maybe causing this?? Thank you
Do you have Lexus Link?

-Joe
Old 04-28-14, 03:30 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Default Bluetooth stops working after few minutes

Originally Posted by Tee
I would start trouble shooting with the phone first.
Thank you for your reply. I did troubleshoot the phone itself. I even tried seven different phones by different manufacturers. Sorry to say the problem continues.
Old 04-28-14, 03:33 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jamodeo
Do you have Lexus Link?

-Joe
Hello Joe
Thank you for your help. Yes, I do have Lexus Link. There has to be some relationship between what is happening and the Lexus Link.
Old 04-28-14, 03:35 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CJITTY
delete all pairings, try again with other phones as a test like others said
Thank you for your reply. I have reset the pairing numerous times, I have deleted phones and added phones several times. None has worked yet.
Old 04-28-14, 03:38 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Default Bluetooth

Originally Posted by sktn77a
I have 2 Toyota's and 2 Lexus' with Bluetooth and none of them do this. Agree, start troubleshooting with the phone.
Good choice of vehicles. I have 3 Lexus and 1 Toyota an 1 Scion all with Bluetooth. None of them have a problem except the LS460. It must have something to do with Lexus Link as Joe is leading to.
Old 04-28-14, 05:41 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

If you have added an electronic accessory to your car such as a radar detector or charger for your phone you should disconnect those to see if they might be interfering with your Bluetooth signal.
Old 05-01-14, 10:57 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would start off by removing the fuse for the lexus link system. The reason I say this is because when the emergency button is pressed, it disconnects the bluetooth phone immediately and it seems like for some reason, this is happening even though you aren't pressing the button for emergency. DISCLAIMER: if you do remove the fuse for lexus link, it will not work, the emergency button will not work, they will not respond if you get into an accident, it would be like your car doesn't even have lexus link. I know you probably know this but I want to make sure this has been covered.

Do you have an active subscription with lexus link?

I will be curious to see if the issue you are describing goes away after the fused has been removed for lexus link, effectively disabling that system (I don't know if your model has the lexus link backup battery, but if it does, it will take a while to let the battery discharge.) We will go from there after you report back.

-Joe
Old 05-01-14, 05:23 PM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Do you have Lexus Link?

-Joe
Thank you very much for your input. I will do that this weekend and report back. Many thanks.
Old 05-05-14, 12:00 PM
lexus2060
10th Gear

I would start off by removing the fuse for the lexus link system. The reason I say this is because when the emergency button is pressed, it disconnects the bluetooth phone immediately and it seems like for some reason, this is happening even though you aren't pressing the button for emergency. DISCLAIMER: if you do remove the fuse for lexus link, it will not work, the emergency button will not work, they will not respond if you get into an accident, it would be like your car doesn't even have lexus link. I know you probably know this but I want to make sure this has been covered.

Do you have an active subscription with lexus link?

I will be curious to see if the issue you are describing goes away after the fused has been removed for lexus link, effectively disabling that system (I don't know if your model has the lexus link backup battery, but if it does, it will take a while to let the battery discharge.) We will go from there after you report back.

-Joe
I checked the Owners manual to locate the fuse for the Lexus Link. The only fuses I found that affect the Lexus Link are in the passenger side compartment however, they control other features that I really would like to keep. Do you know of another fuse somewhere else?
I was thinking about popping the link panel off and unplug the wires leading to the switches, problem: I am not sure how to pop the panel, I am afraid to put too much pressure and break it, Any suggestion.
Old 05-06-14, 04:14 AM
triniexr
Driver

Did you recently add any mods to the car? Did you change/reset anything before this occurred?

Quick Reply: LS 460 Bluetooth Stops working after new minutes