LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS 600HL Starting battery - to replace or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 03:16 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I ain't bootleggin my battery...when it needs replacement, I'm getting the 28800-38150 part number like I am supposed to..especially with the car being CPO through 2017. Don't need some battery that wasnot made for the car with a bootleg jumper wire to defeat an electronic control that is supposed to be connected to it...just sayin. Until he posts pics of his battery setup and the wire, this convo will just continue
I am beginning to wonder if lxurious actually put in the die hard in the 600. He might not be aware that who ever did it, just put Lexus battery in his car and he might not even know it.. I sent him the pictures.. I am trying to help others.. he does not seem to want to help.. He scolded me for saying "I would not trust a sears technician with my LS 600".. and said that if I go to sears, any sears tech is as smart as or better than Lexus tech and sears tech would know.. So, just be cause he gave me that lecture, I did go to sears and they had no clue... He now says that he does not know which sears tech did it.. Well.. according to him, sears techs are so smart.. they should be able to tell him, by looking at this car.. I have no problem that he doesn't want to help.. but I can't forget the lecture he gave me about how good the sears technicians are and that they are as good as the Lexus technicians - even though, I politely reminded him that Lexus techs have access to lexus software, manuals and training.

Last edited by lexus600hl; 11-30-13 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-02-13, 08:14 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
Just called another dealer and was quoted $225 for a new battery. I didn't believe them so I confirmed this was for the 600hL. I don't get it, maybe this dealer doesn't know the 600 battery is different and has the extra wire?
i'd call the last dealer again and give them the part number that CJITTY listed if they can confirm the cheaper price (via email or fax ) so u can walk in a buy it with no hassles.. then i'd haul butt an buy it there before they realize theyre under selling the battery..

but different dealers get different pricing due to their market and location ever notice gas is cheaper in lower income areas....
Old 12-02-13, 10:16 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus600hl
I am beginning to wonder if lxurious actually put in the die hard in the 600. He might not be aware that who ever did it, just put Lexus battery in his car and he might not even know it.. I sent him the pictures.. I am trying to help others.. he does not seem to want to help.. He scolded me for saying "I would not trust a sears technician with my LS 600".. and said that if I go to sears, any sears tech is as smart as or better than Lexus tech and sears tech would know.. So, just be cause he gave me that lecture, I did go to sears and they had no clue... He now says that he does not know which sears tech did it.. Well.. according to him, sears techs are so smart.. they should be able to tell him, by looking at this car.. I have no problem that he doesn't want to help.. but I can't forget the lecture he gave me about how good the sears technicians are and that they are as good as the Lexus technicians - even though, I politely reminded him that Lexus techs have access to lexus software, manuals and training.
Actually, I would have to disagree. I have been talking to him on IM and he's willing to help and upset he can't do more because he's not seeing the wiring. I have been out of town and i can take some pics to help him out, but I don't want him to have to remove his battery or anything to see what Sears may or may not have done to install a battery.

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-02-13 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-02-13, 10:18 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i'd call the last dealer again and give them the part number that CJITTY listed if they can confirm the cheaper price (via email or fax ) so u can walk in a buy it with no hassles.. then i'd haul butt an buy it there before they realize theyre under selling the battery..

but different dealers get different pricing due to their market and location ever notice gas is cheaper in lower income areas....
No worries, just order online or use this. They will usually match because that's easy money for them vs giving you a hassle about it....this site has it for $372 and that battery you can install yourself easily. The warranty is still good whether or not Lexus installs it according to the 3 dealers I asked locally.

Here is the battery on LexusPartsNow http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...800-38150.html