LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake / Suspension Noises

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 04:37 PM
Amai21
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake / Suspension Noises

When I apply the brakes on and off while in park, I hear a "fluttering squeaking" noise. I examined the brake pads and calipers, and everything seems to be fine. I greased up all the brake hardware and no luck.

Also, I have a popping noise while making turns while I am not braking. I really doubt there is any connection with the brakes? I recently went testing in a parking lot, and while slightly turning from left to right I noticed the popping constantly. Keep in mind no brakes were applied.

Last year the dealer replaced the brake actuator and all arms were replaced.

Anybody have similar issues they have dealt with, or knowledge to share? Please help as this is becoming a very annoying situation.

BTW, I am past my extended 100K warranty!!
Old 05-06-13, 06:15 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Amai21
Nothing to worry about, then. Happy motoring!
Old 05-07-13, 08:31 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Amai21
When I apply the brakes on and off while in park, I hear a "fluttering squeaking" noise. I examined the brake pads and calipers, and everything seems to be fine. I greased up all the brake hardware and no luck.

Also, I have a popping noise while making turns while I am not braking. I really doubt there is any connection with the brakes? I recently went testing in a parking lot, and while slightly turning from left to right I noticed the popping constantly. Keep in mind no brakes were applied.

Last year the dealer replaced the brake actuator and all arms were replaced.

Anybody have similar issues they have dealt with, or knowledge to share? Please help as this is becoming a very annoying situation.

i also hear the popping noise.. if i am backing up or just turning somewhere i can hear the "clunk" noise in the front of the car.. I would say just enjoy it man and stop worrying about it unless you seriously see that it is causing the car not perform within specs..
Old 05-07-13, 11:29 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

from what i understand, it's probably your front control arm bushings that need to be replaced.
Old 05-07-13, 01:13 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

I have some creaking issues too. I noticed mine happens when I'm driving slow through my garage. I took my car in the dealership because of the issue. Not sure what they did but heres a photo of the receipt. Brake / Suspension Noises-gbfgo7dh.jpg

I still have the same issues. Not sure if I should get it checked up before I install my coilovers. Wondering if the dealer would give me crap for it if I took it in after my suspension was installed.
Old 05-07-13, 01:15 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

These issues have been discussed at length here in the forum. Brake actuator could be the cause of clunking..easily heard with window down and backing up applying brakes..audible clunk or loud clicks. rattling up front could be control arms as mentioned or also loose pads in the calipers..happened to me, tension clips replaced (they were missing or broken due to rust), problem solved. On my 600, i had clunking..turned out to be control arms and my uppers were replaced for $2k under CPO warranty. Brake actuator issue is not a safety concern, but an annoyance type of situation. Does not indicate part is going to fail as I was told by two different Lexus techs
Old 05-07-13, 01:23 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Grouchy
I still have the same issues. Not sure if I should get it checked up before I install my coilovers. Wondering if the dealer would give me crap for it if I took it in after my suspension was installed.
Umm, yes they most likely will..be prepared to fight is all I will say. Some dealers don't give folks a hard time about aftermarket stuff, but if you have coilovers and have issues going on with control arms or other suspension issues, I expect it to be challenged, especially if Lexus sends out an adjuster to oversee the claim. My mods are quickly reversable when it comes to showing up for warranty work..the adjuster already denied one of my tech's recommendations for replacing a suspension part because they couldn't "replicate the noise"..so I guess when it gets really bad and makes noise ALL the time, I will just bring it in then..my CPO is good through summer 2017 and I have a 2008
Old 05-07-13, 05:32 PM
Amai21
Driver School Candidate

The only thing is that my control arms have been replaced with the brake actuator. I am sure that the bushings were changed out with arms?

More than worrying, its the point of driving a flagship Lexus and having to deal with non sense.