LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is this a good price for these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-13, 01:26 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
I did..Mr. former AF guy. I am a former Army Ranger myself. I actually find it amusing when i ask a question and you respond by submitting threads or google searches lol..
Cmon Son...are you serious? I actually provided you with specific links and you are still not satisfied?? Folks like me and others put in a lot of work to write up detailed threads and share experiences so others don't have the same pitfalls or just to have a good foundation of information to start from..especially more so since I have 22" CV1s and reported about tire rubbing and all sorts of additional info. I wish I had some of that info when I was trying to get my setup going way back when. What is the point of having a forum with people constantly asking the same questions over and over and over again. The information gets washed down and scattered around. Plenty of people on here will vouch for me that I have helped them tremendously over the last couple years based on the PMs and texts I get, but then every once in a blue moon, a newb wants to start flexin and complain about having to read information that is already provided. Take the info or leave it, but it is there and I encourage you to read through all my threads. I think it would be hard to say you didn't learn something from them...

BTW, I have 3 years to retirement as a reservist..I do the USAFR thing for play money and toys for my 600hL. I will say thank you for your service and I got nothing but love for all my fellow vets, but I had to say something since you seem like you got an issue with the help I tried to provide...perhaps not exactly how you want it delivered. I could of just not said anything at all, but I provided you the links to save some time to help educate you...oh well, I tried.
Old 03-22-13, 01:32 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Cmon Son...are you serious? I actually provided you with specific links and you are still not satisfied?? Folks like me and others put in a lot of work to write up detailed threads and share experiences so others don't have the same pitfalls or just to have a good foundation of information to start from..especially more so since I have 22" CV1s and reported about tire rubbing and all sorts of additional info. I wish I had some of that info when I was trying to get my setup going way back when. What is the point of having a forum with people constantly asking the same questions over and over and over again. The information gets washed down and scattered around. Plenty of people on here will vouch for me that I have helped them tremendously over the last couple years based on the PMs and texts I get, but then every once in a blue moon, a newb wants to start flexin and complain about having to read information that is already provided. Take the info or leave it, but it is there and I encourage you to read through all my threads. I think it would be hard to say you didn't learn something from them...

BTW, I have 3 years to retirement as a reservist..I do the USAFR thing for play money and toys for my 600hL. I will say thank you for your service and I got nothing but love for all my fellow vets, but I had to say something since you seem like you got an issue with the help I tried to provide...perhaps not exactly how you want it delivered. I could of just not said anything at all, but I provided you the links to save some time to help educate you...oh well, I tried.
nah man, i am messing with you. lol. Remember, texting or writing isn't really a formal way to express things. You never really know if a person is being serious, sarcastic or just joking. I meant it all in a good way. I read all of your threads and i did find some nice information. I am going with the wheels you have experienced and i hope that they are in good shape. I have looked very hard to find them all over the internet and i can't seem to find a better deal for a used set with tires than what i am getting them for. I just hope that they are not seriously scraped or anything like that when i see them first thing tomorrow.
Old 03-22-13, 01:41 PM
CJITTY

New CV1s are on backorder last I heard. Meaning they are in high demand for the folks that want these wheels. I would say meet them at a tire shop like Discount Tire and have them spin each one up at proper PSI on the balancer. Have them check for any bends or warping shimmy which they can easily see if severe enough. If there are any symptoms of wheel issue, then negotiate down even more because you may need to get them repaired which can cost $100 to $300 depending on where you go. Let Discount recommend if it needs replacement..if they do, then you just saved yourself some money. Also make sure the offsets are correct. It will be stamped on the back of the wheel spokes. Fronts should be either et30(current production) or et35 (previous production) and rear should be et38. Even more importantly, hub rings should be 60.1mm and included (if these came off another LS) if not you need to order some. And of course you need the 5x120 bolt pattern..may seem like minor details but it is a major factor to know before dropping 3 large
Old 03-22-13, 01:45 PM
silver305
Pole Position

New CV1s are on backorder last I heard. Meaning they are in high demand for the folks that want these wheels. I would say meet them at a tire shop like Discount Tire and have them spin each one up at proper PSI on the balancer. Have them check for any bends or warping shimmy which they can easily see if severe enough. If there are any symptoms of wheel issue, then negotiate down even more because you may need to get them repaired which can cost $100 to $300 depending on where you go. Let Discount recommend if it needs replacement..if they do, then you just saved yourself some money. Also make sure the offsets are correct. It will be stamped on the back of the wheel spokes. Fronts should be either et30(current production) or et35 (previous production) and rear should be et38. Even more importantly, hub rings should be 60.1mm and included (if these came off another LS) if not you need to order some. And of course you need the 5x120 bolt pattern..may seem like minor details but it is a major factor to know before dropping 3 large
shouldnt the offsets be correct anyhow because they are coming off the same car? he is driivng his 08 ls460 to the tire shop so they can install the stock wheels on his and swap the sensors.
Old 03-22-13, 01:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

sounds like great advice to me ! The CV1s imho are the best looking Vossen wheel. I like the other designs but prefer a lip. Even if it is only an inch. The CV1s just seem like a great mix of lipped wheels and the new concave trend
Old 03-22-13, 01:54 PM
silver305
Pole Position

here are the pictures of the wheels and the car that they are on. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Is this a good price for these wheels?-part_1363982647816.jpeg   Is this a good price for these wheels?-part_1363982647926.jpeg   Is this a good price for these wheels?-part_1363982572799.jpeg   Is this a good price for these wheels?-part_1363982622485.jpeg  
Old 03-22-13, 02:09 PM
CJITTY

They look good from these but you can have perfect pics and the wheels can be bent to hell, just be sure to have them thoroughly checked by a tire shop first. It may cost a few bucks, but its worth it. Ask the owner to take you for a test drive if they are still on the car..get up to highway speeds..try to see if there are vibrations through the floorboard or in the back seats..you will feel it. It could be simple as needing a good balance if there is a vibration or they could be bent..hard to tell sometimes. It is hard for me to tell at this angle if they are the right offset. It would be nice if you had a pic that is taken from the back of the car to show the wheels from the 3/4 angle side...a 5 or 7 o clock position if you know what i mean...You are ARMY..so you know what I mean lol
Old 03-22-13, 02:12 PM
CJITTY

shouldnt the offsets be correct anyhow because they are coming off the same car? he is driivng his 08 ls460 to the tire shop so they can install the stock wheels on his and swap the sensors.
There have been other LS460 owners that purchased Vossens with lower offsets and sold them quickly because of rubbing. For the 2007-2012 for sure, it is 30mm** front and 38mm rear..I wanted them a little more flush so I did front and rear spacers.

** Note

I had first run CV1s which the front 22x9's are 35mm offset. The current production fronts are 30mm. So with my 35mm wheel, I have a 15mm spacer to flush it out to the fender line and essentially at a 20mm offset now basically. I have a 3mm spacer on the rear wheel so now at 35mm and when I lower the car down, the tire has less than 1/8th inch of clearance from the black molding piece in the rear fender well edge. I have no plans for fender mods, so this is about as much as I want to go...for now

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-22-13 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-22-13, 02:22 PM
silver305
Pole Position

There have been other LS460 owners that purchased Vossens with lower offsets and sold them quickly because of rubbing. For the 2007-2012 for sure, it is 30mm** front and 38mm rear..I wanted them a little more flush so I did front and rear spacers.

** Note

I had first run CV1s which the front 22x9's are 35mm offset. The current production fronts are 30mm. So with my 35mm wheel, I have a 15mm spacer to flush it out to the fender line and essentially at a 20mm offset now basically. I have a 3mm spacer on the rear wheel so now at 35mm and when I lower the car down, the tire has less than 1/8th inch of clearance from the black molding piece in the rear fender well edge. I have no plans for fender mods, so this is about as much as I want to go...for now
how are these ..this is the best 5 or 7 oclock i can find...and a front shot as well.
Attached Thumbnails Is this a good price for these wheels?-3fe3j33h55l55m75jed3698fbdc52557c16bb.jpg   Is this a good price for these wheels?-3f23m83if5i55g75had367f789cbd84251df0.jpg  
Old 03-22-13, 03:01 PM
CJITTY

the offset looks normal
Old 03-23-13, 06:07 AM
silver305
Pole Position

the offset looks normal
Funny, the guy who was going to sell me the wheels texted me this morning saying he won't be able to do this transaction because he has friends coming over to his house to attend the funeral of their friend who supposedly died a few days ago.
I smell b.s., but you never know. I feel he probably knew the wheels were defective and thought he could hide the problem, but realized he can't so he changed his mind last minute.
Oh well, i am back on the hunt for a used set of wheels for this car. It is soooooo hard to find used wheels for this car. I see vossens being sold locally for hondas, bmw's, acuras, etc all day long here, but not a single set of used vossens for this vehicle.
Looks like i might have to just save up more cash and buy them at the quoted price of $2850 brand new with tires (CV1'S)
Old 03-23-13, 07:56 AM
CJITTY

Dont give up..I may be able to help you with selling mine..thinking about a change up for my beast
Old 03-23-13, 08:10 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Dont give up..I may be able to help you with selling mine..thinking about a change up for my beast
Damn I just read this and I just dropped off my car at the wheel shop.. I just forked out 3 grand on new vossens but they're not the cv1! They're a wheel that I've not seen on many ls460! Stay tuned.. Vossen wants pictures of my car with them because nobody has them..
Old 03-23-13, 08:59 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I just read this and I just dropped off my car at the wheel shop.. I just forked out 3 grand on new vossens but they're not the cv1! They're a wheel that I've not seen on many ls460! Stay tuned.. Vossen wants pictures of my car with them because nobody has them..
I can't wait to get a photoshoot! We're excited to see the finished product!
Old 03-23-13, 11:47 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to see your new vossens. I'm in the market for some new wheels and really like the vossen VVSCV5 but they don't come in "22. Might end up getting the VVSCV3.

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for these wheels?