LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Why is my parking assist muted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 06:20 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Why is my parking assist muted?

Hi there, i was wondering why i dont hear the beeping sound when i am parking my car? i just bought the car 3 days ago and have read the manual and did a forum search. I have pressed the "hold" button on the steering wheel and went to the display to make sure the parking assist volume is not at zero. however, WHY can't i hear the beep sound as i get close to objects? i would like to hear it since i am still getting used to the size of this vehicle.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-04-13, 07:16 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
Hi there, i was wondering why i dont hear the beeping sound when i am parking my car? i just bought the car 3 days ago and have read the manual and did a forum search. I have pressed the "hold" button on the steering wheel and went to the display to make sure the parking assist volume is not at zero. however, WHY can't i hear the beep sound as i get close to objects? i would like to hear it since i am still getting used to the size of this vehicle.
Thanks in advance for your help!
The hold button on the steering wheel doesn't have anything to do with your sensors. The volume controls are in the nav system. Try the reverse mode to see if the rear ones work. You might have some type of electrical issue with those 600 lights, because the do have two types of 600 lights which effects different options cars.
Old 03-04-13, 07:20 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you seeing the display come up showing how close you are to objects when parking? Your sensors may be off.

Hold button is for the brake hold function.
Old 03-04-13, 07:26 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

On most of the cars, the Parking Assistant is enable/disabled by an alternate action switch on the dash. On my car, a 2007 LS460, that switch is labeled "P" with a sonar symbol on it and is just above the driver's left knee on the second switch tier. It's enable when the green light in the switch is lit.
The following users liked this post:
Protholl (12-24-20)
Old 03-04-13, 07:52 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Are you seeing the display come up showing how close you are to objects when parking? Your sensors may be off.

Hold button is for the brake hold function.
no i dont see the display come on when i am backng up or getting close to any object. All i see is the camera come on when i am backing up.
Old 03-04-13, 07:54 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
The hold button on the steering wheel doesn't have anything to do with your sensors. The volume controls are in the nav system. Try the reverse mode to see if the rear ones work. You might have some type of electrical issue with those 600 lights, because the do have two types of 600 lights which effects different options cars.
i backed up, and all i see is the camera come on. I dont see how the lights would affect the parking assist?
Old 03-04-13, 07:56 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney
On most of the cars, the Parking Assistant is enable/disabled by an alternate action switch on the dash. On my car, a 2007 LS460, that switch is labeled "P" with a sonar symbol on it and is just above the driver's left knee on the second switch tier. It's enable when the green light in the switch is lit.
i will try that today to see if it does beep.
Old 03-04-13, 07:56 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

no i dont see the display come on when i am backng up or getting close to any object. All i see is the camera come on when i am backing up.
After you check to be sure it is on then if your car is equipped with a Touch Screen press the "INFO" hard key in the left switch cluster and then select the "Parking Assistant" soft key on the screen. It should be intuitive from there.
Old 03-04-13, 08:00 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney
If your car is equipped with a Touch Screen then press the "INFO" hard key in the left switch cluster and then select the "Parking Assistant" soft key on the screen. It should be intuitive from there.
i did. i have the volume in the center position. i dont hear anything and i dont even see the display come on showing me how close i am to a vehicle when i am parking..i have to believe it has to do with the "p" button by my left knee.
Old 03-04-13, 08:38 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 12156
Size:  6.6 KB this is the button with the "P" that needs to be on.
Old 03-04-13, 08:40 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

That little square on top of the button is a little green light that will light up when you push it to let you know that the system is on.
Old 03-04-13, 08:41 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Not all LS's have parking sensors by the way, I have never seen one without it, but they do make bumper covers with and without sensor holes
Old 03-04-13, 08:45 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Attachment 274889 this is the button with the "P" that needs to be on.
so once that is on then i SHOULD be getting the beep noise as i get close to objects IF the volume is on of course.. correct?
should i also be getting the image of the car on the naviagation display with bars in front and behind it ? or is that another setting that needs to be on as well?
Old 03-04-13, 08:50 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

so once that is on then i SHOULD be getting the beep noise as i get close to objects IF the volume is on of course.. correct?
should i also be getting the image of the car on the naviagation display with bars in front and behind it ? or is that another setting that needs to be on as well?
Yes this is true. You will get a display on your navi screen and on that little display where you see the tire pressure monitors also.
Old 03-04-13, 09:04 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Maybe I am going overboard with this, but do you have an actual P button on the left lower side of dash as well as parking sensors that are visible around the front and rear bumpers? As long as that P switch is on, there are no other settings to make it display on the Nav screen or dash cluster as SBLexus said...I'm starting to wonder if you have that option altogether to be honest

Quick Reply: Why is my parking assist muted?