LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Will 22" Vossen CV3's fit if your lowered 2.5"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-12, 10:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i got them from V1 Specs on fleabay.. 330.00 shipped back in march 2011.. no weird sounds at all..super happy w/them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-LS460-...item231949ecae

@ CCJ22 ...10.5's wont fit up front unless you do heavy fender mods...they told me a few guys in south fl were doin it on some trucks.. but yeah theyre 9's up front... but as wifey always says "it looks even bigger when its in your face!!!"
are you using ceramic pads, semi metallic, or oem pads?????? i am wondering if the ceramic pads were hard for the set up.
Old 02-03-12, 11:51 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D, ya the wife seems right. 22" just sits so well on these LS's. Very jealous.
I'd like to slap some 22x10.5's on our new evoque we bought but money is tight for the next 3 months.
I too like the blue calipers D. Reminds me that I need to paint mine after i sand off the surface rust
Old 02-04-12, 02:26 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CCJ22
D, ya the wife seems right. 22" just sits so well on these LS's. Very jealous.
I'd like to slap some 22x10.5's on our new evoque we bought but money is tight for the next 3 months.
I too like the blue calipers D. Reminds me that I need to paint mine after i sand off the surface rust
Sounds good. Hopefully the thread I show below will assist you in painting your Calipers, etc. It really can be done for a lot less effort and cost than Shibumi spent - The significant benefit he had was he had a friend who did the painting for him for little or no cost. Which is really nice.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-calipers.html

However, I personally feel YOU can obtain the same results for less than $40 and about 2 hours of your time. Good Luck and Best Wishes - Mikey Lulejian, Lake Oconee, GA
Old 02-04-12, 06:17 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP . . . . . .

I want to rub up against your LS . . .
I just notice that your profile picture was my last car
Old 02-04-12, 06:03 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
are you using ceramic pads, semi metallic, or oem pads?????? i am wondering if the ceramic pads were hard for the set up.
at the time i ordered them the only pads avail were semi-metallic .... maybe if i do a BBK then i'll look more into ceramic... for now the semi-m's do just fine... no crazy noise or large amounts of dust.(but i clean the car regularly)

@ mikey100 yeah i read the great thread, and had i not set my mind on a specific blue (thats not a avail in an on the shelf color) plus i needed a 2 stage paint bcuz i'm adding more detailed paint work later.. this was a rush job for the test fit... i think currently there are 5 layers on the calipers.. (self etching primer,2 coats high temp black, blue base and clear) plus my painter really didnt charge me to do the work....i love the barter system...

i agree totally! there are faster more inexpensive was to get some color on your calipers...

but i wouldn't be me if i'd done it any other way... in for a penny in for a lb...

to the rest of the CL members THANKS for all the compliments... but SERIOUSLY i give credit where credit is due... if you are in the market for new wheels... IMHO Vossen is the only way to go
Old 02-04-12, 11:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder if I should have gone with the semi metallic. When I called brake performance they said that the ceramic may be to hard for the the set up for the LS. Sounded like BS to me at the time but there may be some truth here
Old 02-05-12, 05:53 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I wonder if I should have gone with the semi metallic. When I called brake performance they said that the ceramic may be to hard for the the set up for the LS. Sounded like BS to me at the time but there may be some truth here
The Akebono ProACT pads are what everyone with stock LS brakes should be running..period. No dust, no noise, excellent stopping power..plus the pads are at the same price if not cheaper than OEM pads..I love my Akebonos...my 22 CV1s which should be huge brake dust collectors are still clean as ever after 2 weeks. Before I put these in, the stock pads would really dust up my wheels, especially while raining (muddy brake dust)..but now, life is great

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-05-12 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-05-12, 06:18 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like I need some new brake pads.
Old 02-05-12, 07:53 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damion, I need to hit up your painter soon to do my calipers I just want to find some nice "Lexus" stickers that would fit nicely on there I want to do that and blk out my front grill body color (except for the front emblem) sometime in the future...
Old 02-05-12, 10:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJITTY
The Akebono ProACT pads are what everyone with stock LS brakes should be running..period. No dust, no noise, excellent stopping power..plus the pads are at the same price if not cheaper than OEM pads..I love my Akebonos...my 22 CV1s which should be huge brake dust collectors are still clean as ever after 2 weeks. Before I put these in, the stock pads would really dust up my wheels, especially while raining (muddy brake dust)..but now, life is great
The ceramic pads I had gave little to no dust as well but they made this whirling noise when I would stop. It was very strange. It was irritating because I ended up having to pay to have the bad parts installed, removed, then had to have the oem stuff turned and new pads added. It got pricey and annoying
Old 02-06-12, 05:29 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

The ceramic pads I had gave little to no dust as well but they made this whirling noise when I would stop. It was very strange. It was irritating because I ended up having to pay to have the bad parts installed, removed, then had to have the oem stuff turned and new pads added. It got pricey and annoying
I can totally understand your frustration. I think somehow, sadly, many of us have been "there" in regards to one type of situation or another.

My only specific thought on yours is ......There are AKEBONO's ..... and then there are all the rest.
There IS a DIFFERENCE ........ I guess you just have to experience it.

Good Luck to you ...... and Wishing you a SUPER WEEK this week.
Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA
Old 02-06-12, 06:25 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey100
I can totally understand your frustration. I think somehow, sadly, many of us have been "there" in regards to one type of situation or another.

My only specific thought on yours is ......There are AKEBONO's ..... and then there are all the rest.
There IS a DIFFERENCE ........ I guess you just have to experience it.

Good Luck to you ...... and Wishing you a SUPER WEEK this week.
Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA
I can attest to the akebono's. They were on my 370z I use to own and were great.
Old 02-06-12, 11:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I used to use HAWK HPS ( high performance street pads) on my G35 and they worked really well . I wonder if they make pads for the LS as well
Old 02-06-12, 12:57 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=I8ABMR;6998285]I used to use HAWK HPS ( high performance street pads) on my G35 and they worked really well . I wonder if they make pads for the LS as well[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Please see my new thread here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...eat-price.html

That should provide you with all you need. Good Luck. If I can help more, please just ask.

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA (turning colder again and bass are disappearing again ......LOL !)
Old 02-07-12, 06:11 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
Damion, I need to hit up your painter soon to do my calipers I just want to find some nice "Lexus" stickers that would fit nicely on there I want to do that and blk out my front grill body color (except for the front emblem) sometime in the future...

SURE.. no problem at all i'm sure he'd love to do it.. pm me an i'll send u his contact info... (but u may need an appt) he's REALLY busy due to All-Star weekend comin up..

Quick Reply: Will 22" Vossen CV3's fit if your lowered 2.5"?