LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Request of all LS AWD owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 10:43 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Request of all LS AWD owners

You probably have read about the problem I have been having for the last ten months with my CPO 2009 LS SWB AWD. Lexus has replaced the transmission and torque converter and I certainly appreciate their sincere effort to fix the problem.

However, despite these repairs the problem is as bad as ever. Recently it was (subtly) suggested that the behavior I am experiencing is "normal". This was suggested despite Lexus going to all the trouble to replace these components at a cost of $12,000 and the Lexus rep admitting "“If this was their car they would be disappointed in its performance and they would want it corrected”.

As personal research, about a week ago, I sent all the AWD owners I can identify on this board a private message (PM) asking for help. A few of you have already responded and I am very, very grateful for your responses.

For the other AWD owners, perhaps you have not noticed the PM? If so, just click on the "Private Messages" link near the top right of this page. If, on the other hand, you choose to not respond thanks anyway for taking the time to read my posts.

Regards,
Ed
Old 03-30-11, 01:50 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Been reading your posts about the issue. Hope they get it resolved up to your satisfaction.

I honestly have less faith in Lexus' AWD LS460 than the other models. I wouldn't get one myself with all these unresolved issues.

Wish you the best.
Old 03-30-11, 02:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am sorry to hear about this. I think the AWD GS had some issues too. Probably not the same though.
Old 03-30-11, 02:49 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

2008 LS600hL, AWD.

3.5 years, 50,000 miles, no problems.

Maybe the different transmission makes a difference.........

HBH
Old 03-30-11, 03:12 PM
edarte
Pole Position

JFNash and I8ABMR -Thanks for your support.
Originally Posted by JFNash
Been reading your posts about the issue. Hope they get it resolved up to your satisfaction.

I honestly have less faith in Lexus' AWD LS460 than the other models. I wouldn't get one myself with all these unresolved issues.

Wish you the best.

There were some very early reports of AWD specific problems but from the Poll I posted on this site a while ago and from the responses I am now getting back from other AWD owners it appears that problems like mine are rare.

I am only aware of one other current owner who might have the same problem. The typical answer I am hearing from other AWD owners is that the transmission is "smooth" and "flawless".

So I am hopeful that Lexus will solve this for me one way or another.

I too am a long term Lexus owner and I have been 100% satisfied with the brand up until now. However the current problem has been dragging on for ten months now so it is a bit of a drag on my loyalty.
Old 03-30-11, 05:21 PM
wman4315
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2009 AWD CPO with 26000 miles, no complaints smooth as silk...
Old 03-31-11, 08:58 AM
btexpress
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On to dispute resolution

I still have the problem but Lexus has taken a different approach with me - they just said its normal and if I am not happy with that I should use the National Center for Dispute Settlement. I have filed a claim with them and will see how that goes.

It is truly amazing to me that Lexus would engineer a car with such a significant flaw and then just walk away from the issue. I think edarte hits on a very good point which I will paraphase - there are too few people experiencing this problem for it to be a normal characteristic of the vehicle. I think it would be interesting to drive a few to see if the problem exists - the tough part is finding them.

I will keep you all posted on progress.

Originally Posted by edarte
JFNash and I8ABMR -Thanks for your support.

There were some very early reports of AWD specific problems but from the Poll I posted on this site a while ago and from the responses I am now getting back from other AWD owners it appears that problems like mine are rare.

I am only aware of one other current owner who might have the same problem. The typical answer I am hearing from other AWD owners is that the transmission is "smooth" and "flawless".

So I am hopeful that Lexus will solve this for me one way or another.

I too am a long term Lexus owner and I have been 100% satisfied with the brand up until now. However the current problem has been dragging on for ten months now so it is a bit of a drag on my loyalty.