LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Totally fed up and need to vent.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 11:12 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I would say get the lexus field expert involved. The team at your dealership sound like a bunch of idiots. 5 weeks for a brake issue. I would have told them to make the damn payment for the month then. You need to stop being so patient. Start getting loud
Old 02-21-11, 03:20 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I would say get the lexus field expert involved. The team at your dealership sound like a bunch of idiots. 5 weeks for a brake issue. I would have told them to make the damn payment for the month then. You need to stop being so patient. Start getting loud
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it, the car is paid for.

The car has no previous accidents and the only mods done where the lowering module and the wheels. The first thing disconnected was the module which remained disconnected. The wheels are still on the car though. I do still have the stocks just in case. If they go as far as that, then I'll try them.
Old 02-21-11, 05:18 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Update: received a call from my SA and she stated that they will be having a conference call with Lexus corporate tomorrow about the situation. Not sure what will come of it but it looks like theyre about as tired as I am. Since its an 07, I'll probably end up selling or trading shortly after I get it back and I might get into an 09 or 10. Like i said, I really like the car, maybe its just this one.

Last edited by 305Busa; 02-22-11 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-21-11, 06:26 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hear about your situation,,,hopefully u get what u want,,
Old 02-21-11, 07:46 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mAYBE YOU got a lemon i really love the 460s and 430s wish i could afford one...... oh well one day ill own both haha
Old 02-24-11, 06:08 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Sorry to hear what's going on with your car. I know how hard you have worked with the upgraded wheels and suspension to have this *************T start happening now. Keeping digging it's just a matter of time before you find a real mechanic that knows our cars. Just because they work there doesn't mean they are good. Needs that special person to think "out of the box" situations. Hell, change everything and get the job done right the first time.
Old 02-24-11, 10:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubleg
Sorry to hear what's going on with your car. I know how hard you have worked with the upgraded wheels and suspension to have this *************T start happening now. Keeping digging it's just a matter of time before you find a real mechanic that knows our cars. Just because they work there doesn't mean they are good. Needs that special person to think "out of the box" situations. Hell, change everything and get the job done right the first time.
I agree. I had a shop foreman do the wind noise tsb for me and he put the drivers side door panel on wrong and it had to be fixed and now I have a mean *** rattle in the passenger door. I have to take it in next week to get that addressed. Its frustrating but true. Some techs are simply better than others and what I am learning is that the status or position in the shop doesnt always mean that you are getting better work
Old 02-27-11, 11:23 PM
bturkel1@v
Driver

I had an issue with my 2010 LS40 Sport brakes, I sold the car and going back to BMW. There is an issue with the pads on those cars and it took over 2cmonths for Lexus to even acknowledge the issue or do anything worthwhile about it. By the time I was contacted, in which I had to call, it was too late. I was saw turned off how my situation was handled I just said forget it.
Old 02-28-11, 07:28 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Im really upset with the situation but I learned a long time ago that the grass isnt always greener in the neighbors yard. I dont want to get rid of my car because of some techs that dont know what theyre doing and get into something thats going to be trouble all the way thru. I keep reading about the LS and some of the members input and I want to stick with it but we will see in the short run.

By the way, I finally got a "good news" call friday (02-25-11) stating that they found the problem. They claim that the problem was a "wire" with a "break" in it and that everytime it lost contact, the lights would come on. The SA did finally sound happy to give me good new because when she calls daily, there's always the sound of "I have to give bad news" in her voice. She said they'll test drive again today and let me know in the afternoon.
Old 02-28-11, 07:40 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats man. I was very frustrated too. I went to 3 diff dealership, 7 trips total for a single problem. Finally a member here recommended Sewell in Dallas...they finally fixed it for me there. It's the best dealership that I have ever dealt with. Sad thing is it's 4 hours away (8hrs round trip).
Old 03-01-11, 11:16 PM
Doubleg
Driver

305---- Have you had all you TSIB done at the same Lexus dealer in No Miami? Have they been good about the TSIB not giving you any hassels? Need to do the Bpilar and seat and was looking for a good dealer.
Old 03-01-11, 11:29 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Nabila Gomez. Like I said before, shes great at updating me and getting things moving but it just seems like the problem isnt either being diagnosed properly or repaired correctly. Everytime I go in, I check the milage on the car and I can see that theyre driving it but it always happens either later in the day after I get it or the next day.
A couple of things:
1) Nabila Gomez as far as I remember has only been working there for about 6-9 months. I get the impression that she's not much more than a pretty face and knows nothing about cars.
2) I have found these guys to be useless on unusual problems. One time they took 3 attempts to do an alignment and it was still off. Another time, I went in with a rattle. They kept the car for 3 days and made it worse.

I take my car to JM Lexus. They don't have girls like Nabila, but they have hard working experienced technicians who do excellent work. The rattle issue LNM made worse working for 3 days - JM Lexus fixed in an hour.
Old 03-02-11, 02:35 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Batman....................Who do you deal with at JM Lexus? Any pronlems with TSIB's>
Old 03-02-11, 05:03 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Batman, I've only had the car for about 6 months so thats the first place I took it and the only person I've dealt with. I kept hearing stories about others SA so I thought I had a good one but you can bet that I will not be going back to LNM. I picked up my car yesterday and all seems well so far. They said the tech went wire by wire and found a break in one of the wire that whenever it moved, it caused the warning lights to come one. Either way, hopefully I will not have any problems and Im happy to have my car back.
Old 03-02-11, 06:56 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Batman, I've only had the car for about 6 months so thats the first place I took it and the only person I've dealt with. I kept hearing stories about others SA so I thought I had a good one but you can bet that I will not be going back to LNM. I picked up my car yesterday and all seems well so far. They said the tech went wire by wire and found a break in one of the wire that whenever it moved, it caused the warning lights to come one. Either way, hopefully I will not have any problems and Im happy to have my car back.
I'm glad they figured it out...