LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

This board has been awesome for helping me find TSIBs to get done!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 03:41 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This board has been awesome for helping me find TSIBs to get done!

Hey everyone,

Just want to say thank you to everyone in general and specifically for both the existing content on the boards as well as those who helped point me in the right direction w/r/t to TSIBs I should get done before my warranty expires. In the last two weeks I had my brake actuator replaced (a 3k job), glove box replaced, front seats replaced (4k job!!!), b pillar trims replaced, and had my air suspension adjusted.

Lexus of Austin did a great job, even though one of the techs marred my passenger side threshold strike plate pretty bad when doing the seat job, but my service rep pulled one from a brand new LS on the lot and replaced it no questions asked. I was going to have the wind noise fix done even though I wasn't sure I even needed it, but decided to wait and try the Jeff McC fix first.

With the new pillar trims, glove box, and seats, the interior looks absolutely as new now, and I couldn't be happier. I think the new seats are a LOT more comfortable.

Thanks again to everyone, I look forward to hanging out here for a good while to come. I have a supra and found the supra boards to be an invaluable resource, and it seems this board will be the same.
Old 11-12-10, 06:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I just bought an 07 LS460 and was going to have many of the TSBs taken care of. Can you clarify the b pillar issue and the front seat TSB. I read that they replace the padding in the seats. I didnt think it was the seat itself. Whats the deal with brake acuator?
Old 11-13-10, 07:13 AM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Just new seat bottoms, leather and pad, not an entirely new seat. Pillar trims are the pieces where the front seatbelts retract into.
Old 11-13-10, 03:43 PM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dormie
Just new seat bottoms, leather and pad, not an entirely new seat. Pillar trims are the pieces where the front seatbelts retract into.
So how do I get them to replace the seat bottoms and pillars? Do I just say I want the TSB done on them or ???
Old 11-13-10, 05:05 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nfxnet
So how do I get them to replace the seat bottoms and pillars? Do I just say I want the TSB done on them or ???
It's better if you give them the TSB #. Seat bottom: L-SB-0071-09; B-pillars: L-SB-0018-08.

Some or most of the service advisors would not know anything about the TSB's, so give them the # and they will look it up.
Old 11-13-10, 06:31 PM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bsl888
It's better if you give them the TSB #. Seat bottom: L-SB-0071-09; B-pillars: L-SB-0018-08.

Some or most of the service advisors would not know anything about the TSB's, so give them the # and they will look it up.
What is the TSB# for the Glove Box? So if I give them the TSB for these items, they will just do it even though im not experiencing problems?
Old 11-13-10, 08:46 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the TSB# for the Glove Box? So if I give them the TSB for these items, they will just do it even though im not experiencing problems?
not exactly. I didnt like the way my glove box was fitting so took in the TSB to get it fixed. They just adjusted it the first time and when it became a problem about a month later, they used the TSB to just replace the entire assembly with a newer design. Your dealership can use their discretion if they believe its an issue or not, they wont just replace or fix something if they dont believe it is broken. It has to exhibit the symptoms that are described in the TSB.

Also it has to be within the campaign, for example on the B Pillar, this parameter is also stated in the TSB, so mine for example would not be eligible for this TSB service

This TSB applies to vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown below.
MODEL PRODUCTION CHANGE EFFECTIVE VIN
LS460 JTHBL46F285062516
LS460L JTHGL46F585024137
LS600hL JTHDU46F485004266

Last edited by cmasten; 11-13-10 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-13-10, 10:07 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

The glove box is L-NV005-07. Just like what cmasten said, your car has to show problems or you need to convince them something is wrong. My glove box door does not line up, and even after the TSB fix, it still does not line up perfectly, although much better. I actually looked at other 07 and 08 LS460 SWB, many of them shows the same poor alignment.

For the B-pillar, I e-mailed pictures to the advisor so he could order the parts. Saved me a trip to have him look, and then order the parts. My B-pillars were scuffed up from the buckles. The new design is smooth and does not have the shelf.
Old 11-14-10, 08:13 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello ALL, What is the brake actuator TSIB?
Old 11-15-10, 08:57 AM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by bsl888
The glove box is L-NV005-07. Just like what cmasten said, your car has to show problems or you need to convince them something is wrong. My glove box door does not line up, and even after the TSB fix, it still does not line up perfectly, although much better. I actually looked at other 07 and 08 LS460 SWB, many of them shows the same poor alignment.

For the B-pillar, I e-mailed pictures to the advisor so he could order the parts. Saved me a trip to have him look, and then order the parts. My B-pillars were scuffed up from the buckles. The new design is smooth and does not have the shelf.
Well, my B-Pillar looks fine and so does my Glove Box, perhaps im just too stupid to realize. If I cant convince myself something is wrong, I dont think I can convince my SA. How do I convince them on the seats? Do I just tell them im a tight *** and need better seats?
Old 11-15-10, 04:49 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by USLEX
Hello ALL, What is the brake actuator TSIB?
I don't have the number for it but it takes care of a low speed clicking noise the old one could make sometimes. I'm not even sure I had the clicking noise, but said my wife told me she heard a pop when she was backing up, the service writer says could be this actuator TSIB and did it.

As for the new seats, someone in another thread commented they had it done and the new leather is rougher than the original. I can confirm this.... My old seat leather was MUCH softer to the touch than what they just installed. But the seat is much more comfortable so I'll take the trade off.
Old 11-16-10, 06:21 PM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking at 460's now so this TSB info is important to me.
So far I have:

Brake Actuator: #?
Seat bottom: L-SB-0071-09;
B-pillars: L-SB-0018-08
Glove box L-NV005-07
Old 11-16-10, 07:20 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by damon
Looking at 460's now so this TSB info is important to me.
So far I have:

Brake Actuator: #?
Seat bottom: L-SB-0071-09;
B-pillars: L-SB-0018-08
Glove box L-NV005-07
If this is for the brake clicking noise, here's the #, L-BR005-06.
Old 11-16-10, 09:05 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

There are two TSIB's for the brakes. You can decide which one applies to your car.

L-SB-0069-09 Squawk-Bark Type Noise from Brake Actuator (too big to upload)
Attached Files
Old 11-16-10, 09:09 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, yes, and:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-BR005-06.pdf (43.9 KB, 487 views)

Quick Reply: This board has been awesome for helping me find TSIBs to get done!