LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Wind noise update (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 01:36 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

It will be free. I'm waiting for the TSB to be issued. People on the board thought I was full of it when I said they would be changing out the glass to the laminated glass in the L. I've also heard about extra insulation being added as well. There is another TSB that will be issued for the delay in the transmission when pulling away from a stop.

Craig
Old 05-12-07, 02:05 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again Craig for the heads up. Any idea on when the wind noise TSB will be issued?
Old 05-12-07, 02:42 PM
Craig B

It will be soon. I haven't checked back with the tech. He told me he would call as soon as it came out.

Craig
Old 05-12-07, 05:49 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
It will be free. I'm waiting for the TSB to be issued. People on the board thought I was full of it when I said they would be changing out the glass to the laminated glass in the L. I've also heard about extra insulation being added as well. There is another TSB that will be issued for the delay in the transmission when pulling away from a stop.

Craig
Today, I was also told by the dealer that some SWB had poor tires on them which was also causing some noise and these tires will also be included in the TSB.
Old 05-12-07, 06:00 PM
Craig B

I have Dunlops on mine and don't have noise. Do you know which brand? Some had Bridgestone tires.

Craig
Old 05-12-07, 07:31 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by portofinor
I spoke with the chief service manager today. they are going to repair three items to amend the wind noise. first- change the driver and passenger glass. second- change the belt molding around the window. third-- replace some screws inside the mirrors. apparently the head of the screws are too small to obscure the hole.. im waiting for the parts to become available. From another forum dated May 4th.
Where in CA are you? I used Longo Lexus in El Monte..they have yet to say anything yet about fixing this issue. I wish Lexus would put out the bulletin that everyone seems to be talking about here...would solve a lot of confusion. :-)
Old 05-20-07, 07:33 PM
clambros
Driver

Title: WIND NOISE FROM MIRROR BASE
Models: ’07 LS 460/460L
TSIB #: NV003-07

http://www.lambros.net/LexusTechInfo...S/nv003l07.pdf

Some 2007 model year LS 460/460L vehicle customers may complain of a high–pitched whistle–type wind noise from the base of the outside rear view mirror. Use the following repair procedure to address this condition.

R & R Outside Rear View Mirror ( Both Sides) and Insulate Screw Holes.

2007 model year LS 460/460L vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown below.

LS 460: JTHBL46F775008725
LS 460L: JTHGL46FX75003217
Old 05-21-07, 12:15 PM
Craig B

Yep, this isn't the fix my dealer talked about. They've already done something like this to my car and it didn't fix anything...

Craig
Old 05-22-07, 04:03 PM
lwilliams
Driver School Candidate

I Talked to service manager here at Lexus today and he acknowledged that there is definitely a problem with wind noise on the LS460's because didn't put the same insulated glass in the front 2 windows as they did on the LS460L's. He said the fix is replacing the front 2 windows with the same glass as the LWB models. The windows will be in and they will start replacing them here next week.
Old 05-22-07, 04:12 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to see if Lexus of Seattle will do the same... this is annoying.
Old 05-25-07, 03:31 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lwilliams
I Talked to service manager here at Lexus today and he acknowledged that there is definitely a problem with wind noise on the LS460's because didn't put the same insulated glass in the front 2 windows as they did on the LS460L's. He said the fix is replacing the front 2 windows with the same glass as the LWB models. The windows will be in and they will start replacing them here next week.
Would you mind letting us know if replacing the glass does fix your issue and which dealer you are dealing with who replaced the glass? That would really help me out!! I reside in CA, but I could you this as a reference and resource for my dealer out here since Lexus hasn't yet committed to changing anything for the window wind issue (not to be confused with the Lexus fix that was issued for the outside side view mirrors the evidently also creates a wind noise).

Just to also update the rest of you...I talked to my service adviser about this issue and he had a contact in corporate which told him that he was aware of 8 complaints regarding this matter (I was surprised the number was so small based on all the talk here) and that Lexus was looking into the matter. I explained to the adviser that they probably have received more complaints than 8 that maybe he was not aware of but that it would be nice if Lexus would tell us if they plan on correcting this issue and that they are researching it rather than not saying anything. Not hearing anything does not let us know if they are working toward a solution or if they are standing by to see the magnitude of the issue to see if it's worth the time to take to fix it. When I bring up the wind issue up with my dealer, they refer me to Lexus because from my understanding, Lexus will cover the costs when a fix is issued but the dealership itself absorbs the costs for the fix when there is no official fix distributed from Lexus. By the way, my service adviser had another person (a doctor) complain about the wind noise so he was aware of the problem prior to me bringing it to his attention.
Old 05-28-07, 03:17 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lwilliams

Very cool about replacing your front windows with the insulated glass like the LWB models. Let us all know how the fix works out!
Old 05-28-07, 03:45 PM
ghmundt
Driver

Is there any way to make this site infinitely more useful than the chatter that currently goes on among members and, instead use it as a way to mobilize Lexus owners with specific issues on specific models, eg. wind noise which my LS460 suffers from, and go directly to Lexus as a loyal owner group with our names and VINs on each car impacted by a specific problem? It seems a much stronger way of approaching Lexus than individual complaints trickling in from individual dealers.
Old 05-29-07, 02:12 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 460L and suffer some bad wind noise in all the door glass. I'm not sure if the "L" glass will fix anything. I just filled out my first Lex survey and complained about my wind noise. I was on another Lex board and one of the guys wants to open a class action law suit to fix the wind noise.

It's my first post on this board, I was lurking on the other board but this one appears to be building a modification thread.
Old 05-30-07, 09:05 AM
Craig B

I talked the my dealer this morning. Lexus is still going to replace the glass. They have been working on a fix. They ran into problems with the fix not getting rid of all of the wind noise. It will be middle to late June before he thought the fix would be ready. I will be the first person at my dealer to have the retro fit done. They will also be adding more insulation as well. The transmission fix won't be out until July is what I've been told.

Craig

Quick Reply: Wind noise update (merged threads)