LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Price Negotiating

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 06:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
If the SC 430 sold out its first six months or so on release, you can bet the LS 460 will fly out of dealers pretty quickly also.
There was a waiting list of one year or so when the SC430 was released in some areas, they are produced in lesser #'s than the LS though . . .

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-11-06 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-11-06, 06:54 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

any popular car undergoing a drastic redesign with huge improvements over the original will be in short supply and hard to even negotiate off if any. Happened to the TL, IS, might be happening with ES, going to happen to the LS, possibly the GS350/460
Old 05-11-06, 07:05 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is at westminster,,, no matter how hot a car was,,, he has never ever quoted me msrp on any lexus vehicle,,,,,
Old 05-11-06, 09:08 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It'll be the old supply & demand thing... if a dealer has a customer willing to pay more than you for a new and hot car, they're going to take it. Like any other new car, the LS will likely be in short supply when it is initially released. If you want to wheel & deal, I'd suggest waiting a few months until the stampede dies down a little.

That being said... a few of us have had the honor of seeing the LS460 in person; I can tell you, it is KILLER!
Old 05-11-06, 11:33 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am VERY interested in this car. I've already told my wife, when she asked what my next car would be, that I'll be getting the LS460. But I'm probably a year away from making a move in that direction - not because I'm not eager or ready, but because I've learned from experience (and from reading these forums) that it pays to wait.

Many years ago I went to purchase a new Mazda (I forget the badging). After negotiating a price, I had my bank check in hand at the dealership the next day and the salesman upped the price explaining that the car he was selling me was the "hottest selling car in America". [Those were his exact words.] To which I replied that that was good, because he wouldn't have any problems selling it to someone else. I've made mistakes since then and still paid too much for cars, but over time I've learned to better control my passion. A good maxim to remember is to love your family and not your things.

This is not to be taken as a pejorative remark about the new LS (as I said, I'm going to get this car), but prices will come down from the sticker-price and probably a lot sooner and faster than such have for the new IS and GS models. The LS is not Lexus' lead selling car. Dealers will make their money on this car at the outset, but I think in six month's time the pendulum will swing in the buyer's direction.
Old 05-11-06, 06:11 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
Dealers will make their money on this car at the outset, but I think in six month's time the pendulum will swing in the buyer's direction.
I wonder if this applies for the LS600hL and the GS450h, since they are probably going to produce very limited quantities....
Old 05-11-06, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I wonder if this applies for the LS600hL and the GS450h, since they are probably going to produce very limited quantities....
well i think over time you will start to get some deals on the 450h, though probably not as much as the normal 3gs. the 600hl though i dont know, it does look like it's going to be a rare vehicle
Old 05-17-06, 09:42 PM
letsjet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting to see the price on the LS460.......I called a dealer I've used in the past.

Regarding Ferraris........ All new Ferraris sold from a dealer are sold at MSRP. It is the resales that are above MSRP. Yes, a very good relationship with the dealer is needed to get on the purchase list.

Ford did npt control their dealers and the GT was sold above MSRP. Some dealers were just arrogant pri*ks when it came to pricing. But demand cooled quick on the car and they could be had at MSRP shortly after release. It's just another mark on the US auto companies......
Old 05-17-06, 10:32 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

For those of you on a waiting list and do not want to pay over MSRP in the beginning months may I suggest you contact the sales manager of the dealer where your deposit is and ask them if you are able to get a car "stock" with NO "aftermarket" or "dealer installed" options.

Most Lexus dealers do not charge over MSRP because it's frowned upon by corp, but some of them still try to get away with the sneaky $5,000 addendum for cheap $200 tint.

I remember the worst I heard from a customer was when the SC430 first came out. A dealer had the top managers "buy" new SC430's under their own names, drove them around for a month, sold the SC430 back to the dealer for same cost, and the dealer wouls mark it up about $10,000 and put in on the used car lot. Lexus corp doesn't track used car sales prices. For the people who didn't want to wait 6 months for a new car at MSRP they could overpay for a "used" car. Pretty sneaky huh? This customer was so disgusted he yanked his deposit from other dealer and my mouth dropped hearing his story while I was filling out his SC430 order form.
Old 05-17-06, 10:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
For those of you on a waiting list and do not want to pay over MSRP in the beginning months may I suggest you contact the sales manager of the dealer where your deposit is and ask them if you are able to get a car "stock" with NO "aftermarket" or "dealer installed" options.

Most Lexus dealers do not charge over MSRP because it's frowned upon by corp, but some of them still try to get away with the sneaky $5,000 addendum for cheap $200 tint.

I remember the worst I heard from a customer was when the SC430 first came out. A dealer had the top managers "buy" new SC430's under their own names, drove them around for a month, sold the SC430 back to the dealer for same cost, and the dealer wouls mark it up about $10,000 and put in on the used car lot. Lexus corp doesn't track used car sales prices. For the people who didn't want to wait 6 months for a new car at MSRP they could overpay for a "used" car. Pretty sneaky huh? This customer was so disgusted he yanked his deposit from other dealer and my mouth dropped hearing his story while I was filling out his SC430 order form.
honestly i think lexus dealerships should have a better control on this
Old 05-17-06, 10:59 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by rominl
honestly i think lexus dealerships should have a better control on this
Whenever money is involved people can get creative that's for sure. I don't blame Lexus corp nor do I blame the dealer they are trying to maximize their profits.

Just be a smart shopper, do some research, and buy from someone you trust. If I come across a unethical dealer I just take my money elsewhere. There's lots of dealers out there who will be more than happy to make YOU happy.
Old 05-18-06, 08:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
There was a waiting list of one year or so when the SC430 was released in some areas, they are produced in lesser #'s than the LS though . . .
This is correct. I think 3k were presold with the car being shown at auto shows, this doubled to 6k and the entire 12k run for the first year was sold out pretty much.
Since then, Lexus has a maximum of 10k for the SC. Its a rare Lexus.
Old 06-04-06, 02:07 PM
typeshblue
Driver

just wait for about a year before getting it, like someone said is just supply and demand, once sales slow down just get it maybe one for at invoice
Old 06-05-06, 07:40 AM
jprescott
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iselllexus
the new model will be selling fast and we already have over 30 deposits for the new model - lexus will not be mass producing the model so the inventory will be low and of course the demad will be high - if you want a price quote or care to order the car drop me a line - we sell cars all over the usa
Demand is high, supply is low. Thats a new one from a car sales person. I bet the one I'm looking at on the lot is gonna go fast cause someone else was in here earlier that wants the same car?
Old 06-06-06, 05:13 AM
shrabber
Rookie

The golden question what is the MSRP on the ls460?