WTB, 91 (1st gen) front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-05, 01:52 PM
Slow13sGA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB, 91 (1st gen) front bumper

Looking for a first gen front bumper, preferably a 91 tho, but will take any. Aftermarket bumpers welcomed as well.
Old 07-13-05, 10:56 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

i have a 1st generation one. 90-94 dont know what year it goes on. i have a used one. its in good condition. had it for 3 years. been sitting in the garage. when i first bought it my intention was to make a kit out of it by using fiberglass, but it didnt work lol. so it still has some fiberglass residue and tape on it. it can come off with light sand paper. no cracks or anything of that nature please p.m. me if you're interested and give contact info if u would like to set something up...i'll post pics when i get a chance.
Old 07-17-05, 04:17 PM
jmblimo
Pole Position

Is the paint in good shape? What color?
Old 07-18-05, 08:05 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

i will post pics up tomorrow...its black 2 tone. dont remember off the top of my head the other color, but i will post pics up tomorrow. the condition of the bumper is very good. however, the paint isnt the best of shape it has some blemishes here and there and the chrome portion is really shiny. honestly this bumper is good only if u plan on repainting it
Old 07-20-05, 10:06 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

i apologize for the delayed photos and the quality of photos. i used my cell becauce i no longer have a digital camera. i bought this bumper as it was listed for as LS 400 1990-94 a few years ago in an attempt to make a fiberglass add on kit without having to take the one off my car. throughout the time i owned it i always kept it in the shed which is located in the back of one of the pictures below. it has never been left outside.

this is the underside of the bumper. as you can tell the paint has some road marks im guessing due to hitting a dips or whatever. this is how the bumper was bought. i have never installed this bumper on my car. as you can tell the holes for the screws are all intact and are in great condition. nothing is wrong with the bumper itself it just needs to be sanded and repainted

front side of the bumper. has some tape still on it some sand paper should get it off.

this is a picture of the inner side of the bumper. again all the holes are intact and in good condition. paint is chipping but none of the actual polyeurethane portion of the bumper is chipped or missing

this is the left portion(drivers side) of the bumper it has epoxy on it as mentioned in an earlier reply i tried to make a fiberglass add on kit. and there are several other places. dont ask me why lol but yes i have no idea how to get it off. however, i do know it hasnt affected the function or the polyeurethane bumper.

any questions please let me know.

Last edited by LSPiNoY; 07-20-05 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-21-05, 06:49 AM
Slow13sGA
Rookie

Looks good. Is it me or or the pic, but in the second picture the upper right portion of the bumper seems to be raised higher than the left upper portion? And how much are you asking for it? I need a bumper asap, some dumb b1tch decided to run a red light and swipe my front end!!
Old 07-21-05, 11:58 AM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slow13sGA
Looks good. Is it me or or the pic, but in the second picture the upper right portion of the bumper seems to be raised higher than the left upper portion? And how much are you asking for it? I need a bumper asap, some dumb b1tch decided to run a red light and swipe my front end!!
OUCH...sorry to hear that. how bad is it? do you have pics? make sure that nothing is bent behind it or messed up, such as the bumper reinforcer or anything of that nature. i dont want you to be disgruntled if you bought my front bumper cover and it wasnt compatible due to something else being damaged.

i will take a look at it again and try to take a better picture. im sure it is just the way i positioned the cell because you can tell in the background the shed is kind of tilted as well. not a perfect horizontal line picture. also this is polyeurethane oem bumper so it can be manipulated (bend it to a certain extent) to fit. as far as price goes i am uncertain about how much they cost used around your area. call around junkyards around your area and see how how much they are asking for used ones. if you do that and come back to me with a quote i will be more than willing to negotiate/beat their price

i called around locally today to get a quote on how much a used front bumper cover would run the lowest one i found was $400 and the highest price was $600 and i called a nationwide one which is tap recycling which is $650.

witchduck used auto parts 757-499-2349 ($400)
toyota lexus parts - used- T A P Recycling 1-800-765-7100 ($650)
Tubbs Auto Parts 757-543-8418 ($600)

i will definitely beat these prices listed above^^^^

i am uncertain about how much shipping would cost. shipping and handling i think the best way to go is to bubble wrap the bumper entirely and send it like that by ups. i dont think they have a box big enough for it and if i did put it in a large box they would charge for oversize container/box??? but i will pack it nice and tight with cardboard inside so there is minimal bending of bumper. anyways take shipping into account with the price. like i said if you take a few minutes to call around and get prices i will be more than happy to BEAT THEM at their price

-alex

edit-----ok here's a deal that might be more interesting how about $275 shipped!!!! not sure if you will find a better deal than that. how does that sound buddy? LET ME KNOW!

Last edited by LSPiNoY; 07-21-05 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-22-05, 11:29 AM
Slow13sGA
Rookie

Yeah, well it happened awhile ago but ive jsut been getting price quotes from differernt places and deciding the cheapest way to go. Right now the estimate is up to 3k worth of damage but you would never of guessed it just by looking at the car. The reinforcement beam is tweaked, the hood and fenders need to be re adjusted/re aligned, new fog light, grill, side markers and the hood and bumper need to be painted. So whatever used parts I can find would be helpful. I will post pics this weekend. as of right now, 275 is a deal to me, just let me talk it over with the old man and ill let you know but i have first dibs!
Old 07-22-05, 07:40 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slow13sGA
Yeah, well it happened awhile ago but ive jsut been getting price quotes from differernt places and deciding the cheapest way to go. Right now the estimate is up to 3k worth of damage but you would never of guessed it just by looking at the car. The reinforcement beam is tweaked, the hood and fenders need to be re adjusted/re aligned, new fog light, grill, side markers and the hood and bumper need to be painted. So whatever used parts I can find would be helpful. I will post pics this weekend. as of right now, 275 is a deal to me, just let me talk it over with the old man and ill let you know but i have first dibs!

sounds good to me!!! im glad you made it out alright though.
Old 07-29-05, 04:43 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

i tried to take a shot more level to the bumper.

i think the reason you thought one side was pushed up could have been 1 of two reasons.

1. the picture was taken at an angle instead of a straight horizontal line

or

2. because that is how the bumper is. each side, left and right side, of where the headlights go the bumper is slightly different from the center as you can see in these pictures.

i hope these pictures are better to view