LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bit the bullet but loaner RX is not bad.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 03:13 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bit the bullet but loaner RX is not bad.

Well i just bit the bullet and let Lexus take a stab at an ongoing issue i've been having with an 02 sensor circuit. Come to find out the wires associated and a new sensor were damaged somehow. Anyway, ive decided to let Lexus of Rockville go ahead make the necessary repairs to get my ride back to being emissions compliant. It did hurt the pockets a lil but at least i'll have a piece of mind it will be all good from now on. So on a lighter note, the loaner RX350 they gave my is a pretty nice ride. Nice smooth ride, pretty stable on the highway, although its not as quiet as my car and it is missing a few features like an particular seat adjustment, auto recirculate, and swiveling headlights. I'm sure these items can be had as an option. Seats are firm and supportive but visibility is somewhat awkward. Now the remote touch is not as bad as people have stated imo. I found it to be pretty cool to honest. It does have to take some getting used to and i can understand that but its not the major disappointment some folks claimed. All in all, It is a pleasant, comfortable vehicle but the $50k sticker is what i'm not too sure about and there seems to an unexplained "Lexus-ness" missing about it. Maybe i've gotten too much of that from driving my LS and with that said, i'll happy when i get my baby back.
Old 10-28-14, 05:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
All in all, It is a pleasant, comfortable vehicle but the $50k sticker is what i'm not too sure about and there seems to an unexplained "Lexus-ness" missing about it. Maybe i've gotten too much of that from driving my LS and with that said, i'll happy when i get my baby back.
The issue is the "Lexus-ness" you're referring too is lacking in the lower end Lexus offerings, specifically the RX and ES. Very nice vehicles, but they lack that heft and solidity on the road that you're accustomed to in the LS.

As for your issue, I have a great Lexus mechanic just down the road from Lexus of Rockville, I'm sure he could have helped you and would have saved you some money from the dealer...what service advisor did you use at Rockville? I also have a good one there.
Old 10-28-14, 08:11 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The issue is the "Lexus-ness" you're referring too is lacking in the lower end Lexus offerings, specifically the RX and ES. Very nice vehicles, but they lack that heft and solidity on the road that you're accustomed to in the LS.

As for your issue, I have a great Lexus mechanic just down the road from Lexus of Rockville, I'm sure he could have helped you and would have saved you some money from the dealer...what service advisor did you use at Rockville? I also have a good one there.
Yes I do take my car to LXT occasionally! This time he would've took too long for this particular job. I will be doing business with him again in the future tho. As far as service advisors, I went to "Joe" something. Which guy do you know?
Old 10-28-14, 08:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Have we talked about LXT before? After I posted that I thought that maybe we had...

I use Jose Miranda. I think I also have met Joe before, he seemed pretty sharp too. Is he a 40ish guy with a shaved head?

Rockville's a good dealer, issue is just the cost. Nelson did the 30k on the GS at LXT today.
Old 10-29-14, 05:59 AM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

For me, the cheap feel comes from the leather too. I just doesn't seem as high quality as the LS430. Feels thin and fragile. And I felt that way about my old LS460L too, not just the lower end models.
Old 10-29-14, 02:38 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Have we talked about LXT before? After I posted that I thought that maybe we had...

I use Jose Miranda. I think I also have met Joe before, he seemed pretty sharp too. Is he a 40ish guy with a shaved head?

Rockville's a good dealer, issue is just the cost. Nelson did the 30k on the GS at LXT today.
Originally Posted by Bob04
For me, the cheap feel comes from the leather too. I just doesn't seem as high quality as the LS430. Feels thin and fragile. And I felt that way about my old LS460L too, not just the lower end models.
SW13GS, yes we've mentioned LXT before. I learned about it from you here or over on Lexus owners club years ago. Joe Harris at LOR is a 60-65ish grey hair, black guy. Not sure how long he's been there but he seems pretty cool so far. Yes that dealer is good. Its where i bought my car from back in 09.

Bob04, i can see what you mean. It did have a lil "airy" feel to it. But..i can expect this because its not an LS or an $60k+ car. I really cant comment on the 460 as of yet until i have a chance to drive one but from what i've heard, it has lost some of that "Lexus-ness" just a tad bit also but newest refreshed LS i sat in the other day seems pretty darn solid to me i must say.