Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS430
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Just bought these wheels....

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-14, 04:03 PM   #1
LS430Nole
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ga
Posts: 16
Default **Update** just bought these wheels. OEWheelsLLC. LS460 style on my 430

Update****

Attachment 311914Just ordered these wheels for my 05 LS430. I know it says for LS460 but that is just the style. According to the specs and the disclaimer they do not fit a 460 but will fit a 430.

My question is ..... It's states in the specs that the offset it 35. Will I have issues with fitment? The gentleman I spoke to when I ordered them says they guarantee fitment.

My current aftermarket wheels are 7.5 wide with 40 offset with no issue. These are 8 wide with 35 offset. Not sure how much difference half inch and 5mm makes.

Has anyone had any experience with this company or fitting 35mm offset on the 430?

Front calipers are a concern.Attachment 311914

Thanks

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...2#.UtR7sbK9KSM



Got them mounted today. I like them. Fitment was great. No problem clearing the front brakes. No problems with scrubbing. Seem to be good quality. Will be looking for some lexus center caps to match.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by LS430Nole; 01-16-14 at 05:23 PM..
LS430Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 04:43 PM   #2
KAHUNA
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 39
Default

I know nothing about what you are asking but saw these rims also thought they looked great and then thought could 450 for 4 rims possibly be a good idea? I have 2 young kids in the car often and just couldn't bring myself to buy them.

Did you do some research that led to you being comfortable with them? The last set of rims I bought were American Racing rims for my 69 firebird and that was 27 years ago.....
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 04:48 PM   #3
SQuester
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
SQuester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 310
Default

I'm concerned about the part stated in red at the bottom of the description mentioning that they won't fit cars with upgraded brakes such as brembo. Our calipers are large/thick and you must use a high disk pad type wheel on the front or spacers for clearance.

As for the width and offset, you'll be fine. They'll fit 9mm further outward than your current rims.
__________________

2005 LS430~ 20" Maya DTS, BC 14k/12k coils. Low and stanced
2001 IS300~ GTE shortblock, T04E 60-1 turbo, Tein, Volk etc... --Totaled...
SQuester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 04:49 PM   #4
LS430FL
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 169
Default

I can tell you that I have bought two sets from OE wheels llc and so far I have been very happy with the quality. They are of course heavier than the stock wheels but I have not had any problems with them *knock on wood *
__________________
2006 LS430

2009 RX350
LS430FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 05:24 PM   #5
LS430Nole
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ga
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
I know nothing about what you are asking but saw these rims also thought they looked great and then thought could 450 for 4 rims possibly be a good idea? I have 2 young kids in the car often and just couldn't bring myself to buy them.

Did you do some research that led to you being comfortable with them? The last set of rims I bought were American Racing rims for my 69 firebird and that was 27 years ago.....
I researched the company here on the forum and online. I have not found anyone on this site or on the net that has anything bad to say about them or the quality. If they would have had the original 5 spoke in the Hyper Silver/Black I would have bought them. I didnt want the chrome so I went with the next best option on their website. Cost was not as much a concern for me as the style of the wheel.

My main concern was the fitment. The only reason I bought them was becuase the salesman I spoke with on the phone assured me they would fit. They have a return policy if not.
LS430Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 05:30 PM   #6
ancdmd
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 720
Default

They look good, as long as they clear the caliper they'll fit fine. Be sure to post pics when you get em.
ancdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 05:46 PM   #7
KAHUNA
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS430Nole View Post
I researched the company here on the forum and online. I have not found anyone on this site or on the net that has anything bad to say about them or the quality. If they would have had the original 5 spoke in the Hyper Silver/Black I would have bought them. I didnt want the chrome so I went with the next best option on their website. Cost was not as much a concern for me as the style of the wheel.

My main concern was the fitment. The only reason I bought them was becuase the salesman I spoke with on the phone assured me they would fit. They have a return policy if not.
Very cool - thanks - I wanted to get a set then convert my 16 stocks to winter's, I am going to search around their site now - like I said I have zero experience with rims but always in my mind is the doesn't matter what the car is if the rims and tires are crap...the car is crap.

My LS is black so I am thinking of going chrome with Hyper Silver as a second choice.
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 11:18 AM   #8
fangtl
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
Very cool - thanks - I wanted to get a set then convert my 16 stocks to winter's, I am going to search around their site now - like I said I have zero experience with rims but always in my mind is the doesn't matter what the car is if the rims and tires are crap...the car is crap.

My LS is black so I am thinking of going chrome with Hyper Silver as a second choice.
You are associating price to quality. Check the Vette forums, people who track and HPDE their Z06s uses replica wheels from OE Wheels, same from the Mustang forums, Porsche forums have nothing but positive things to say. I am not saying you are wrong because these rims may very well turn out to be 'crap' but evidence from many users suggest this company and their products are legitimate.
fangtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 05:25 PM   #9
KAHUNA
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangtl View Post
You are associating price to quality. Check the Vette forums, people who track and HPDE their Z06s uses replica wheels from OE Wheels, same from the Mustang forums, Porsche forums have nothing but positive things to say. I am not saying you are wrong because these rims may very well turn out to be 'crap' but evidence from many users suggest this company and their products are legitimate.
Yep 100% was going off of price alone - very excited to see the positive notes from the folks here - Probably grab a set in the spring. Since it seems I will have my 02LS for at least 3 more years or so I figure a few grand in freshening it up is well worth it -

I have it scheduled to go in for a sanding - full detail in the spring - prepaid in the winter for a better deal - figure I will finally get the Sub fixed too.

Of course this could all be moot as the check engine line came one today and my passenger headlight went out also - I can not imagine the two are related but....
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 05:20 PM   #10
LS430Nole
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ga
Posts: 16
Default

Front wheel
Attached Images
 
LS430Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 01:18 PM   #11
jimbosr1
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
jimbosr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ga
Posts: 847
Default

for 501 dollars shipped you cant beat that,and they look great!may order a set tonight.
you didnt have to put any spacers did you?

Last edited by jimbosr1; 01-17-14 at 01:21 PM..
jimbosr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:14 PM   #12
Tom57
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 234
Default

I've seen those wheels on OEM Wheels and like them a lot. They update the looks of the 430 too. You can't beat the price. Get a set of "L" wheel center caps and you'll be all set. Thanks for sharing the pics.
__________________
2006 LS430 CL Mercury Metallic / Black
- 18" chrome wheels, sport sway bar, turn signal mirror covers, VaisTech MML, accessory storage box
2001 LS430 Nav / ML Millenium Silver Metallic / Gray
- 17" hyper silver wheels, VaisTech MML, upgraded Nav to Gen 4

1995 LS400 - sold
1990 LS400 - sold
Tom57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:20 PM   #13
Tom57
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 234
Default

Capital Wheels had Lexus center caps in hyper silver when I bought wheels there years ago.
__________________
2006 LS430 CL Mercury Metallic / Black
- 18" chrome wheels, sport sway bar, turn signal mirror covers, VaisTech MML, accessory storage box
2001 LS430 Nav / ML Millenium Silver Metallic / Gray
- 17" hyper silver wheels, VaisTech MML, upgraded Nav to Gen 4

1995 LS400 - sold
1990 LS400 - sold
Tom57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 06:24 PM   #14
LS430Nole
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ga
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosr1 View Post
for 501 dollars shipped you cant beat that,and they look great!may order a set tonight.
you didnt have to put any spacers did you?
No spacers needed. There is actually plenty of room between the caliper and wheel. Even thought about having the mounting surface milled down to bring the wheel into the well a little more.

Any input on whether or not that would compromise the integrity of the wheel strength wise.??
LS430Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 06:35 PM   #15
Prochamber
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Prochamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 169
Default

They look really nice. Probably best to get some wheel locks on those very soon. Later!
__________________
2004 LS430 - RIP as of 21 Oct 2013 / New 2006 LS430 purchased 26 Nov 2013 - Yeah!
Prochamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 06:35 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
lexus, llc, ls430, oe, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enkei RPF1 and NT03+M in stock at B2autodesigns b2designs Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 80 09-16-14 03:09 PM
VA 22 inch Staggered Ace Alloy Mesh 7 wheels and tires. FrankyBoy Wheels and Tires Classifieds 10 09-08-14 10:16 PM
2010-2014 F Sport 19" OEM Wheels on 2008 LS? EKL888 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 9 03-23-14 09:54 PM
WTB: LS430 wheels billymild LS430 4 02-17-14 09:22 PM
Best place for 05+ 18" Replicas? svt5150 LS430 1 11-15-12 07:15 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info