LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Legal Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 08:10 AM
LS617
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys - thanks for the feedbacks. I'm currently doing/feeling a bit better than I initially was (thanks to some pain killers, ice & rest).
I don't think i want to pursue this any longer or buy a car from them as they haven't called me back since the incident (they're probably thinking i'm sending my lawyer after them).
Old 03-02-10, 08:31 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile WOW,glad your better but, not surprised at how the dealer reacted!!!

Originally Posted by LS617
Hi Guys - thanks for the feedbacks. I'm currently doing/feeling a bit better than I initially was (thanks to some pain killers, ice & rest).
I don't think i want to pursue this any longer or buy a car from them as they haven't called me back since the incident (they're probably thinking i'm sending my lawyer after them).
Very,very happy that your doing better sir. That said, Im disappointed in the dealers reaction to your injury. Thats why I suggested you get looked at at a hospital or Patient First!!! Just to cover yourself in case of infection or further complications. Anyway glad your better. At the end of the day when I have said dealers ARE NOT our friends, Ive been attacked by fellow members! I'll stick to my feeling on that issue and what happened to you further proves there interest is in the money we pay not actually about liking there customers and thats ok.

I just wish other members werent so caught up in just because we own Lexus' thinking were truly a part of the company were not.
How they did this fellow member(independent or any dealership meaning all brands) was just what it is business. Cant say I blame you for letting it go sir. The time fighting some issues isnt worth it. Be blessed! A better car and hopefully dealer is out there!!!!L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 03-02-10 at 08:34 AM. Reason: many
Old 03-02-10, 09:53 AM
cincin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever hear of the "Golden Rule" ? It was an accident..let it go. If you sue bad Karma will come back to you.
Old 03-02-10, 11:18 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man up would be my legal advise. Perhaps you can use this to your advantage to get a super awesome deal..Call lexus customer service i have heard of them going above and beyond.
Old 03-02-10, 11:26 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is little if no legal claim here. You can try to sue on a negligence theory but the headache, time, and cost is too much to file suit on a bruised finger. Just let it go and try to use it as a way toward a discount as everyone's said.
Old 03-02-10, 11:38 AM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usermel
Very,very happy that your doing better sir. That said, Im disappointed in the dealers reaction to your injury. Thats why I suggested you get looked at at a hospital or Patient First!!! Just to cover yourself in case of infection or further complications. Anyway glad your better. At the end of the day when I have said dealers ARE NOT our friends, Ive been attacked by fellow members! I'll stick to my feeling on that issue and what happened to you further proves there interest is in the money we pay not actually about liking there customers and thats ok.

I just wish other members werent so caught up in just because we own Lexus' thinking were truly a part of the company were not.
How they did this fellow member(independent or any dealership meaning all brands) was just what it is business. Cant say I blame you for letting it go sir. The time fighting some issues isnt worth it. Be blessed! A better car and hopefully dealer is out there!!!!L.G.N.M
No one on here could accuse me of drinking Lexus Kool-Aid. I'm not a "Lexus Groupie." I know those personalities do exist here. If you think we are bad go visit the third generation RX forum!
Having said that, I would not take advantage of someone because they closed a hood on my finger by mistake. I am sure we would all have a different opinion if we had been the one to close the hood on the fellow's finger.
Sadly, I think you are right, most sales people are not our friends, but that doesn't mean I have to compromise my morals and take advantage of them because of an accident.
This story is not about Lexus vs. customer, it's about being a human being and possessing character.

Last edited by DNC; 03-02-10 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-03-10, 11:37 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

With all due respect there is a difference between what is thought about people and what is. I dont suggest he sue anyone. I simply stated what I did based on what the thread started said. He said and I quote" they haven't called me back since the incident(they probably think Im sending my lawyer after them)"! The only issue I have ever had with ClubLexus is that FELLOW MEMBERS atack there own. Im a Lexus owner as you all are, Im no enemy. That said, Im PRO fellow member and yes, the dealer is no friend of mine(independent or franchise or whatever)! I myself think if I was a salesman who had slammed a potential customers finger in a door or hood or trunk would have called them and offered assistance of some sort. A simple im sorry at the initial slamming of the fellow members finger wouldnt suffice for me if I had slammed his finger. I would have called and asked if he needed assistance medically with money or anything, AND THAT SHOWS GREAT CHARECTER!!!! Sincerly thats what I would have done, thought of the pain I inflicted instead of running from what I did in fear of a lawsuit or the obvious loss of a sale. The dealer dropped the ball, not the fellow members who meant well for the thread starter even when they suggested a suit. ITS THERE OPINION AND SHOULDNT BE ATTACKED.

I agree with no lawsuit but, wont disrespect those who suggest a lawsuit!!! WHY? They didnt slam his finger the dealer employee did and as the thread starter stated and I repeat" they havent contacted the thread starter since the incident" that makes the dealership and the employee wrong. Not those trying to help IN THERE OWN way, agree or disgree we ALL have good charecter and it should be questioned because some feel a lawsuit is better and others say dont sue. Nobody knows my good deeds I do and I dont apreciate my charecter nor other fellow members charecter being questioned. ClubLexus is supposed to be a place of good convo and support and its turing into a site I find I less and less enjoy!!!

My question is this! Why am I being treated worse as are other members who have suggested a lawsuit in support of our FELLOW member(I dont suggest a lawsuit but, suggested being seen by Patient First or medical Doctor in case infection followed after a while so he can have the dealers insurance simply py for it and have no out of pocket expense. I never suggested suing anyone, just protecting himself from any POSSIBLE expenses)! Ive came to this conclusion, I LOVE everyone first before I continue but, I see people make out of words what they desire to see instead of what is there.

The disagreement should be with how they didnt follow up WITH OUR FELLOW MEMBER AFTER THEY SLAMMED his finger. Not saying how other members who suggest he sue or try to bargin a deal or in my case just cover himself from further medical bills. I only suggested he get seen by Patient First and or Medical facility in case the issue is worse than he initially thought. Please, Please question why the dealer according to the thread starter hasnt followed up with him to even see if his finger is ok. Thats what the thread starter said. HE THE THREAD STARTER needs OUR support and WE should be on his side in ALL ways possibe. I agree a lawsuit will be a hassle he doesnt need but, he shouldnt take on any the responsiblity of fixing or taking care of the injury being HE DIDNT SLAM HIS OWN FINGER IN THE HOOD. Thats all I was saying. Never wanted him to sue!

The dealer showed no compasion, not me. I showed concern and care for OUR FELLOW member. Question the wrong do'er not the one who commited no wrong doing nor suggested anything be done in a negative fashion!!! Love, Usermel!!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 03-03-10 at 11:50 AM. Reason: many
Old 03-03-10, 11:52 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to all for the long text/speech! I just think this member was done wrong but, never would say he needs to sue, but respect those who feel he should and charecter has no part i this. We dont know each other enough to call each other out based on that. My good deeds as well as my bad deeds and sins are for The One to judge and I wont judge either. Love, Usermel!!! L.G.N.M
Old 03-03-10, 12:03 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile And I quote myself!!!!

I agree, and feel that the car issue is a dead one. Once the salesman made what Im sure was a mistake the thread starter should have quickly gotten lokked at. The longer he waits the worse his chances are of having the person who on accident slammed his finger or the Dealer pay for his injured finger. I feel the other members thought process but, think that the WISER way to go is Grand LS'. All he can do is offend the dealship by using the finger as leverage.

I have a saying in business. Nerver overestimate yourself, nor underestimate those your doing any business with. People are mstly able to smell what you are doing just as you are able to think of ways to get what you desire. That said, I feel the other members but, think as Grand LS said that the best move is taking care of the finger. The car isnt the only LS in the US. Keep looking for a good deal, you'll find it thread starter!! L.G.N.M
I never suggested a lawsuit and only was concerned about his finger. I damaged a finger the same way with a door and the finger still has a mark/bruise from the mishap! I never would try and sue anyone especially in todays economy. People need there jobs and Im sure it was an accident. That said, he shouldnt have been ignored afterward and they should have showed compasion at the dealership/salesman and checked up on the thread starter to be sure his finger was ok. Again, the thread starter stated they didnt contact him after the incident.

The charecter issue isnt with any of the members here rather they agree or disagree. The questionable charecter seems to be, im not sure but, seems to be with the salesman and dealer for following up on the injured finger. Had I been the salesman myself Id have offered to pay for or assist in making sure the finger was cared for serious or not!!! Thats decent, not good, just decent charecter. The One iis good! L.G.N.M
Old 03-03-10, 06:10 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

With all due respect there is a difference between what is thought about people and what is. I dont suggest he sue anyone. I simply stated what I did based on what the thread started said. He said and I quote" they haven't called me back since the incident(they probably think Im sending my lawyer after them)"! The only issue I have ever had with ClubLexus is that FELLOW MEMBERS atack there own. Im a Lexus owner as you all are, Im no enemy. That said, Im PRO fellow member and yes, the dealer is no friend of mine(independent or franchise or whatever)!.... Nobody knows my good deeds I do and I dont apreciate my charecter nor other fellow members charecter being questioned. ClubLexus is supposed to be a place of good convo and support and its turing into a site I find I less and less enjoy!!!
Wow. The above similarly sums it up for me also. Very well said my CL friend usermel!

What I find MOST IRONIC, similar to you usermel.....is how my point of view and opinion on OTHER Toyota/Lexus issues is ATTACKED (as if I am the bad guy/wrong do-er) when I say Toyota should be held liable for any wrong doings/recalls/deaths/etc, when there was A MEASURABLE AND ACTUAL WRONGDOING........yet here----on THIS thread, some members are saying similar things like SUE/LITIGATION/ETC for an injured FINGER....yet these members on this thread who are suggesting lawyer intervention are NOT attacked by the same Toyota kool-aide drinkers that defend Toyota no matter what???? Hmm...that's pretty interesting. Think about it!

Don't get me wrong--how an individual wants to handle a smashed finger at a local dealership is up to them. I won't judge you on how you want to handle it. However.....and listen to me LOUD and CLEAR--------When members are attacked for advocating positions of litigation relating to recalls and fatalaties yet the members on THIS thread ARE NOT criticized for their opinion to sue/hold accountable/etc on how to handle a smashed finger aren't critized and attacked just the same??? Something stinks there. I've been waiting for some of the members on this thread to be attacked for saying SUE or HIRE A LAWYER, etc...but I guess we won't see those attacks?

I'm sorry...but that just shows inconsistencies the Toyota kool-aide drinkers just showed...and reveals A LOT more about character and motive than any automotive knowledge could ever prove! (Could it be the $$$?)

All in all, I'm a big boy and am not troubled by strangers attacking my points of view. Actually, it makes me want to annunciate them more.

To the OP----I hope your finger heals quickly!

Last but not least....like usermel said....L.G.N.M.
Old 03-03-10, 07:36 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The more I read on this thread the more confusing it gets.
Old 03-03-10, 07:37 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Wow you guys get really passionate about some of this stuff. I respect that but please try to maintain perspective so you don't get too frustrated and end up leaving the forum. Everyone's opinion is valid (even if I disagree) on a forum. In the end its better to maintain a sense of humor if you can and always remember its just folks writing opinion in cyberspace.

If you think about it you can't be attacked personally on this board because its an anonymous computer bulletin board that we all use for fun, entertainment and and a little education. Let's give each other a some room for a wide variety of perspective and let's value everyone's opinion (even when they are stone cold dead wrong) : )
Old 03-03-10, 07:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I think this thread has run its course and is now way off topic. LS617, I'm glad to hear your finger is healing.