Old 02-18-10, 03:41 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Costco batteries have treated me well in all of my cars
Old 02-18-10, 04:08 PM
stanell1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Batteries are like tires everyone has their favorites and can give you 20 reasons to support their choice. I would recommend getting a battery from a nationwide distributor so you can get a replacement anywhere you take the car. It will really irk you if you are away from home and your battery dies ...and you have to buy another one versus going the to nearest distributor and getting your warranty honored.This happened to me a couple of times on my first LS400. It ate a new battery every 12 to 18 months...nobody could find anything wrong. So I just started buying walmart batteries because they had stores everywhere. As long as you can get your warranty honored any of the listed batteries will work out for you.
Old 02-18-10, 06:37 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Where you live, it doesn't matter which battery you get, as you don't get weather extremes (not too hot, not too cold). Here in the desert SW, the average battery lasts 1.5 yrs, so if you want something more durable, you have to spend more $$. On my LX, my panasonic lasted only 3.5 yrs here whereas in places like coastal California, the same battery often lasts 8 yrs. I replaced my panasonic with the largest Odyssey I could fit in there. There is one that should fit the LS. My LS came with a new Lexus battery (not panasonic, as it's nearly impossible to get 'em in the States). In another year or so, I'll buy the Odyssey and keep it in my house just in case. FYI, the Odyssey is military-spec, used by law enforcement. You can mount it in any position (sideways, etc.).
Old 02-19-10, 10:22 PM
ejthomp
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

The most important rule in auto batteries, no matter what the brand....

Never let it get drained!

Once an auto battery has been fully drained, it is toast. Sure you can recharge it, but it will never have the capacity it once did. I learned that long ago... Once it has been drained, you may as well replace it before it leaves you stranded.

And NEVER accept a car with a battery from a dealer that needs to "top off" the battery before allowing you to drive off the lot.. This includes brand new vehicles that have been on the lot! If the lot lackey has been listening to the radio while washing cars, it is quite likely he trashed the battery! Negotiate a new battery in the deal!
Old 02-20-10, 12:09 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great advice by the last poster. Probably why the dealer gave me a new battery when my battery went dead the day after service. Im sure that the guys at times play the radio in cars while cleaning them after service and also during servicing vehicles. Not mad at them but, the dealers need to ask them to stop that practice because of the effects it has on Lexus' car batteries.

When I had a scheduled service done to my auto the next day my battery went dead. Took it to the dealership to get a new battery and they refused and gave me a free one. I mentioned I was just at the dealership for service and they gave me the battery after I asked the price it would cost. Never thought of playing of the radio and electronics being used which drains the battery until ejthomp wrote his post. Great info!!! I'l now be mindful of this moving forward!!! L.G.N.M
Old 02-20-10, 04:09 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Batteries are badly abused on dealer lots. I suspect I'm going to have to watch mine because the cover was off the positive post on mine - indicative of having a charger on it. I've had it on the battery tender for a few hours and it's still on the charge cycle.