LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Link (Error msg)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-08, 07:44 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^Bump that. I bet there is a line going into the amp from the lexus link which overrides the audio and plays that error sound clip. We need to clip that wire somehow. It must be a similar setup to how the navigation system plugs into the amp to override the drivers speaker in order for the navi commands to be heard.
Old 10-26-08, 09:00 PM
Shilly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine still says active when I start my 01 LS430. I have been looking at this issue since I got my car. At the dealer in Colorado springs, when I started the car, it stated there was an error, but since I brought it to Castle Rock, CO - It states that it is active every time. The Error message may be because the cell company servicing the old analog Lexus Link System is probably turning off their analog cell system network in certain areas - the same reason that they discontinued the old Lexus Link System. I received a quote for $150+ (with no cap from Kuni in Littleton CO) and decided to try to find another - cheaper - solution. I have bought the electrical manual and the service manuals on disc for the 2001 - which are NO help. The only thing I did find from an internet search was that there are supposed to be a male and female plug into the Lexus Link that can be joined to by-pass the Lexus Link unit and the system. There also seems to be a plug in the overhead that can be unplugged - labeled MAYDAY system. I have not verified the rear plug issue, but if the weather is nice over the next few weekends, I hope to get time to test this idea.

I really cannot believe that it is this hard to find a solution to this problem, and the complete lack of information on these systems. I also think it is awfully short sited for Lexus to discontinue their deactivation program. I am glad to find this thread, though. I saw in the diagrams where the unit was, but the picture earlier in the thread seems to help narrow down where it is and how to get to it. Hopefully more information to follow. Shilly
Old 10-30-08, 07:56 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

If you guys are like me and doesn't use the voice command (mine suck and never work right anyway), you can easily solve this.

In the trunk on the right hand side, lift up the cover where you access the Navigation drive. Next to the Nav drive you will see a silver box, there are two white plugs facing the back of the car. What you want to do is unplug the one on the right, that should take car of the annoying messages. If you guys have trouble let me know and I will try to take picture, good luck.
Old 10-30-08, 08:08 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, please take a pic. What year is your LS? Also, did this disable your voice recorder functionality?
Old 10-30-08, 08:36 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Wow that was quick, did you try and have trouble already? and Yes it will disable the voice recorder, samething if you got it done with the dealer.
Oh and mine is a 2001
Old 10-30-08, 10:07 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess what, it's happens to me now!
Gd I hate that voice.
Old 10-30-08, 10:21 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

I know what you mean, it ALMOST made me hate my car
Old 12-18-08, 08:52 PM
piggieback
Driver

Originally Posted by Bdragon007
If you guys are like me and doesn't use the voice command (mine suck and never work right anyway), you can easily solve this.

In the trunk on the right hand side, lift up the cover where you access the Navigation drive. Next to the Nav drive you will see a silver box, there are two white plugs facing the back of the car. What you want to do is unplug the one on the right, that should take car of the annoying messages. If you guys have trouble let me know and I will try to take picture, good luck.
Is there still a pause when you start the car, for example if a CD or radio is playing the voice would dominate that?.
Old 12-20-08, 07:10 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

no pause, no annoying voices
Old 12-21-08, 05:56 AM
piggieback
Driver

no pause, no annoying voices
Thanks, I will do this "mod"
Old 12-21-08, 07:53 PM
big_blzr94
Rookie

did it and works great thank you
Old 01-03-09, 11:35 PM
big_blzr94
Rookie

just noticed with the connector off there is no sound from left rear speaker
Old 01-05-09, 09:40 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Originally Posted by big_blzr94
just noticed with the connector off there is no sound from left rear speaker
There a way to fix that, but it's a little harder to explain. It's best to show and explain with picture. Well, I'll try anyway since I don't know when I will be able to take the pics.

There are 2 white plugs where you just unplug it the homelink connector. Unplug the other connector as well and plug them all back but not with their original plug. Think of it like you x crossed the connectors. This will get rid of the Message errors and keep everything work properly. Good luck!
Old 01-05-09, 09:48 AM
intermec
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

what years did lexus offer the link feature?

is it an add on feature?
Old 01-05-09, 09:04 PM
big_blzr94
Rookie

There a way to fix that, but it's a little harder to explain. It's best to show and explain with picture. Well, I'll try anyway since I don't know when I will be able to take the pics.

There are 2 white plugs where you just unplug it the homelink connector. Unplug the other connector as well and plug them all back but not with their original plug. Think of it like you x crossed the connectors. This will get rid of the Message errors and keep everything work properly. Good luck!
are you saying to just cross the connectors and that will work? no other issues with that? I will give it a try in the morning.

Quick Reply: Lexus Link (Error msg)