LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Is there some secret to programming the garage opener?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 10:10 PM
YellowZ06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there some secret to programming the garage opener?

Okay, I cant even get past the first step, sad eh?

So I place the opener next to the button i am trying to program, I press them at the same time and all I get is a steady light from the lexus, it says its suppose to flahs slow then flash fast and then its done, i dont even get that, it just stays on, i tried holding it for 20 seconds and nothing it just stays on. Thats when I do it on button number 1, when I try to do it on buttons 2 or 3, the little light just flashed really fast for like 2 seconds then it becomes a steady light and same deal, hold it for 20 seconds but nothing changes, what am I doing wrong? Its a newer genie garage door opener and probably has a rolling code system but I cant even get through the first step, let alone the "learning" step, btw its a 03 ls430, thanks

Krystian
Old 02-05-06, 10:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

haha you gotta read the manual again. don't pretty the botton on the remote yet. press and hold the button on the homelink (one of the three) until it starts to blink. then put the remote close and click it. that's how you program it

after tha tyou might need to use the learn button in the garage door opener as well, if it's a rolling code

it's all in the manual
Old 02-06-06, 06:40 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rolling Codes are basically 3 steps....

1st- hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink until the LED flashes. This clears the system and usually takes about 30 seconds. It sounds like you didn't wait long enough on your attempts. The Homelink unit is in programming mode now. Pick the button you want to program and hold it down (the red LED should be flashing slowly now) and also depress the remote button. I usually like to start with the garage door closed since this step will open the door. Hold them both until you see the LED flash rapidly. This takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds.

2nd- Go inside the garage and get a stool or ladder to reach the motor head unit. You will see a little wire dangling down which is the antenna wire. Follow it upwards and if it disappears under a light cover then remove it. You are looking for a small button which is typically square but sometimes is a small round black button. Once you find it you want to push it for about 2 seconds and release. Then scramble back to the car because you only have 30 seconds to get back to the car button you programmed in step one.

3rd- Push the button for 2 seconds and release, push it a second time and see if the door works. If not then push it a third time and that should do it.

Let us know if you were successful.

Rock
Old 02-06-06, 08:04 AM
mink92890
Lead Lap

Great directions...it takes a few times to get used to and then you can do it really quickly for additional ones... JUst a question, do you program 2 and 3 the same way...also i saw a lexus comercial about a year ago about a couple waking up late and turning off lights and turning on the sprinkler from homelink...Has anyone does this? If so how do you and what type of accessories can you do it on.

Mink92890
Old 02-06-06, 03:59 PM
YellowZ06
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys, finally thats done, now i can steal the remote for my vette
Old 02-06-06, 05:17 PM
Russ G
Driver

Really ............ a Vette, what model and color?
Old 02-06-06, 08:13 PM
YellowZ06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Russ G
Really ............ a Vette, what model and color?
dang, dont care about the year?
Old 02-07-06, 12:02 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Where can i find units I can hook up to my exterior lighting, and control via remote?
Old 02-07-06, 07:43 AM
lnguyenh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rockville
1st- hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink until the LED flashes.
Rock
Homelink ... did you mean the buttons on the car? Thanks
Old 02-07-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by lnguyenh
Homelink ... did you mean the buttons on the car? Thanks
yes, the 3 buttons
Old 02-17-06, 10:34 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Where can i find units I can hook up to my exterior lighting, and control via remote?
http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml

DD
Old 02-17-06, 11:09 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Thank you sir.
Old 02-25-06, 06:33 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
1st- hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink until the LED flashes. This clears the system and usually takes about 30 seconds. It sounds like you didn't wait long enough on your attempts. The Homelink unit is in programming mode now. Pick the button you want to program and hold it down (the red LED should be flashing slowly now) and also depress the remote button. I usually like to start with the garage door closed since this step will open the door. Hold them both until you see the LED flash rapidly. This takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds.

2nd- Go inside the garage and get a stool or ladder to reach the motor head unit. You will see a little wire dangling down which is the antenna wire. Follow it upwards and if it disappears under a light cover then remove it. You are looking for a small button which is typically square but sometimes is a small round black button. Once you find it you want to push it for about 2 seconds and release. Then scramble back to the car because you only have 30 seconds to get back to the car button you programmed in step one.

3rd- Push the button for 2 seconds and release, push it a second time and see if the door works. If not then push it a third time and that should do it.

Let us know if you were successful.

Rock
Thank you man, you were a great help. Finally my car is programmed successfuly after I gave up on the process.

Regards,
Old 06-20-10, 08:08 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Ragabnh,

Four years later and your advice on the garage door opener/Homelink sitch still rings true. Thanks.

The damn manual makes it sound like you do either/or with the steps; when in fact you do both the steps and viola! you're done.

Thanks again, mang.

Doc
Old 01-03-14, 07:09 PM
sirtbizzle
10th Gear

Tried the method in the owner's manual twice, no luck...got online, found rockville's directions, and it worked like a charm!

7 years old and still helping out...

Quick Reply: Is there some secret to programming the garage opener?