LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

5spd clutch pedal setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-13, 07:38 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 5spd clutch pedal setup

So I'm about to pull the trigger on gathering parts. My first plan of action is to get my hands on a clutch pedal assembly and install it. I'd like to do as much as possible and keep the car on the road, until I'm ready to throw the trans in. I've already got a trans lined up. It's a W58 and is still in a friends RHD supra at the moment. I've read all the posts about doing the swap, so I'm well aware of the major speed bumps ahead.

So for starters the clutch pedal setup :

I want to keep the ABS, and wanted to run something by you guys and see what you think. I found a setup that might be a nice solution for the LS 5spd swap. It's a reverse swing mount clutch pedal assembly with a remote reservoir. You would still have to make a bracket to bolt it down, but I feel as this would solve a lot of head aches doing the swap. I'm sure you will still have to relocate the E-brake, but you might be able to get away with using the stock brake pedal? The remote reservoir can be mounted just about anywhere.

Now without buying one and seeing if it will fit under the dash, I do feel there is enough room for it to squeeze under the dash. Most likely you would still have to move the fuse box, but that's expected.

Here's a picture of the pedal assembly. What are your thoughts on this?
Attached Thumbnails 5spd clutch pedal setup-cnc274sbrr_2.jpg  
Old 09-12-13, 09:53 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just re-read cashflo's thread and noticed he used the CNC clutch pedal also. And here I thought I had a great idea! lol
Old 09-16-13, 09:47 AM
nismo4life
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usoff89
Just re-read cashflo's thread and noticed he used the CNC clutch pedal also. And here I thought I had a great idea! lol
Cashflo sells bolt in brackets for the LS to use with the CNC pedal. I made my own which bolted to the side of the firewall using the emergency brake pedal bracket. Look up my build thread to get an idea.