looking to buy keyless remote cause last owner didn't have one... What model number remote well work... or best place to buy one.. Thank you. Also anyone now where to get a radio harness for after market radio??? thanks for all the help..
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
before you buy one, run this test. using the lock switch on the driver door, lock and unlock the doors 5 times, pause, then 5 more times. ALL the doors MUST lock & unlock every time or you cant program a FOB remote.... have some one help you watch the door lock buttons.... that could be why the other person didn't have one.... but if they work:
here is how you program it:
96 lexus fob remote.
1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.
3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door.
11. Open the door.
12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.
13. Close the door
14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.
15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.
good luck and welcome to the club..
My Bible Study is at: http://billydpowell.synthasite.com
take a look. my hope is it helps people get into their Bible where the Holy Spirit can teach them the REAL truth, not my words, which are just stimulants.... 2 Tim 2:15 Study.....
^^ whoa, thanks a lot for that post. Saved me some money. Only my driver front and rear unlock all the time, the passenger front has its days where it works and doesn't work, and the rear doesn't unlock at all.
before you buy one, run this test. using the lock switch on the driver door, lock and unlock the doors 5 times, pause, then 5 more times. ALL the doors MUST lock & unlock every time or you cant program a FOB remote.... have some one help you watch the door lock buttons.... that could be why the other person didn't have one....
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't someone be able to program it if the locks all don't work? Like... if one of the door actuators was toast, will the BCM not allow reprograming? Or is that a way to detect a fault in the computer system?
Both of my remotes for my 95 are kind of old and don't work that well, so i have been contemplating getting new ones. I would just like to familiarize myself with the lock system so i can understand it better
89' Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 - 02' Lexus LS430
04' Lexus GX470 - 05' Toyota Corolla LE 5-speed