LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I have a problem with the dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 02:14 PM
dulitl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a problem with the dashboard

I have a Lexus LS 400 1994. I have a problem with the dashboard. The dashboard will not light up there is no light at all meaning we cannnot see the gadgets (speedometer, RPM, fuel, & temperature). During the summer when the temperature is outside is more than 70 degrees than the dashboard works even the lights on the dashboard. First the lights on the dashboard will start blinking, and than it turns completely on. However, when we turn on the air conditioning in the car after awhile the lights on the dashboard would start blinking and it will turn off. That's when the temperature in the car goes below 60 degrees. During the winter the dashboard does not turn on at all. We have checked the fuses and all of them are working properly. The head lights and the brake lights and back lights are all working. All the lights inside the car and the turn signals are working. We have installed an new dashboard and the same thing is going on. If you can be so kind as to give us some advise as what to do to correct this problem. We are also asking if you can send us a copy of the wiring diagram of the car Lexus LS 400 1994. My email is dulitl76@gmail.com. Thank you Dusan Vasiljevic
Old 11-13-11, 03:07 PM
vicious
Rookie

you have to replace a capacitor in the cluster. did it myself and paid $3 for parts instead of $600+ at dealers and mechanics. search for cluster repair
Old 11-13-11, 03:46 PM
UnholyPork
Driver School Candidate

I had similar issues, with my instrument cluster. I had also replaced the bad caps, to no avail. $80 flat to www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx and my lights don't dim or flicker, my fuel gauge works, my speedometer doesn't stick. And there service is backed y a 2 year warranty. I'm very pleased.
Old 11-13-11, 07:53 PM
BOOGEYMAN4
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...000-bucks.html
Old 11-14-11, 03:25 AM
LJBSJB
Rookie

Originally Posted by UnholyPork
I had similar issues, with my instrument cluster. I had also replaced the bad caps, to no avail. $80 flat to www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx and my lights don't dim or flicker, my fuel gauge works, my speedometer doesn't stick. And there service is backed y a 2 year warranty. I'm very pleased.
I'm new to this car and to this forum, but I'm seeing this theme a lot. I'm impressed that many drivers are fixing their own electronic problems, but it is not something I want to get up to my elbows in. I'm going to send off my climate control to one of these shops on ebay to get the lcd replaced and lit up. About the same price - $80 or so. I'll let the flickering tach and speedometer needles go - they don't bother me at all.
Old 11-15-11, 05:17 PM
dulitl
Driver School Candidate

Default Problem resolved

Originally Posted by vicious
you have to replace a capacitor in the cluster. did it myself and paid $3 for parts instead of $600+ at dealers and mechanics. search for cluster repair
Thank you.Now i have lights again.
Old 11-15-11, 08:22 PM
SkulCracka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dulitl
Thank you.Now i have lights again.
very nice