LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Color combo catalog - does it exist?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-11, 07:31 AM
CrabR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color combo catalog - does it exist?

I'm in the market for purchasing an LS400 or LS430 (another sub-forum, I'm already aware) but I'm having a bit of trouble since I'm a real stickler for being picky, and having patience for finding exactly what I want. I've grown accustomed to shopping for 3-6 months before buying a car due to peculiar color combo interests, and not being flexible about things such as black exterior & such. The problem is I'm not exactly sure that the color combos I desire actually exist, or how rare they might be. If there was a guide to reference, it would make it a lot easier to make up my mind on what I'm looking for.

Is there a thread, or a site that documents the color combos that the car available with? I'm fairly decided on exterior colors, but I'm absolutely decided against a tan/beige interior - which is problematic since it seems some paint codes were only available with that interior color. If there was a handy chart to reference so that I can more easily narrow my search to color combos that actually do exist (instead of my dream color combos which only "might" exist) it would be quite helpful.

I'm also wondering if 98+ models were available with anything other than beige, grey, and black interiors? So far, that's all I've seen, with an occasional LS430 with "saddle" interior option (never seen it on the LS400). Are there any especially rare paint options? I've seen some metallic red, metallic forest green, etc - but none of them seem to be nearly as prevalent as white, black, or champagne/gold.
Old 08-08-11, 08:30 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

I found some Lexus color charts using yahoo search, maybe you can too...
Old 08-08-11, 09:13 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

www.toyotareference.com, your welcome.
Old 08-08-11, 09:32 AM
CrabR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
Thanks for the link! That helps me with the paint codes, but I don't see any interior color information on there. Specifically, I'm looking to find which interior color options were available to each paint code. e.g. Diamond White Pearl was only available with beige interior (random example, I do not know this to be fact). Just in case that info is available on that site & I haven't found it yet, I'm gonna keep poking around
Old 08-08-11, 01:01 PM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrabR
Thanks for the link! That helps me with the paint codes, but I don't see any interior color information on there. Specifically, I'm looking to find which interior color options were available to each paint code. e.g. Diamond White Pearl was only available with beige interior (random example, I do not know this to be fact). Just in case that info is available on that site & I haven't found it yet, I'm gonna keep poking around
you didnt try mine???? take a look for yourself...

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=lex...btn=Web+Search
Old 08-09-11, 06:41 AM
CrabR
Driver School Candidate

Going through about 3 pages of results on both a Yahoo! and Google search lead me nowhere solid. I've found topics on a Euro Lexus forum regarding a sort of interior/exterior color chart, but they all share the same link to the chart which is no longer a hosted website.

I tried searching for this type of thing on both search engines and within Club Lexus before making the post. It looks like such a thing used to exist, but is either now scarce or gone?
Old 08-09-11, 06:44 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

sorry, just tried to help...
Old 08-15-11, 08:36 AM
CrabR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by billydpowe
sorry, just tried to help...
No problem, I just wound up finding it on www.toyotareference.com after doing some more digging. Using their scans (which are all flash/java) I compiled the following image stitched together for the 2000 year model. Being optimistic about finding a 99/00 model, I didn't bother to compare it against the 98 & 99 books.

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar question on their mind.
Old 09-14-11, 11:53 AM
Windsor
4th Gear

Default It Helped me...Thanks

Now I think the taupe floor mats are the ones to order, to go with the "ivory" interior and black exterior. I thought it was tan. But the door panels and dash do seem to be taupe in color.