Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1st Gen LS400 ipod/mp3 cable routing

Old 04-30-11, 11:01 PM   #1
destin94ls
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 1st Gen LS400 ipod/mp3 cable routing

I am installing a Pioneer avh-p4300 in my 94 ls, and I cant find a good place to run the usb cable from the back of the unit. I would like to keep my iphone in the armrest console and drill a hole for the cord to pass. None of the info Ive found shows how to completely disassemble the center console. Also how do I get the antenna to only raise when the head unit is in tuner mode, not just whenever its powered up. This is installed using the beatsonic sla-20 adapter, again this is on a 94 L400. Sorry if this has been covered before but Ive searched couldn't find an answer.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
destin94ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 11:13 PM   #2
deanshark
Lexus Champion

This shows most of the console removal. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/cupholder.html Then there are a few more screws that you need to remove (you'll see them) and there are 3 clips that hold the front carpet to the center console on each side.
deanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 12:23 PM   #3
destin94ls
Driver School Candidate

Anybody have any ideas on the antenna. How have you guys with double din units wired up your power antenna? I seem to remember seeing this on the forum but I can't find it. The guy at beatsonic said to go to radio shack and buy a switch to turn it on manually, but that still seems kind of ghetto to me. Is there not a wire that only stays hot when the tuner is selected, that I could tap into? Right now the antenna raises even if I'm just listinening to my iPod.
destin94ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 02:07 PM   #4
fatcat2
Driver

ffaattccaatt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by destin94ls View Post
Anybody have any ideas on the antenna. How have you guys with double din units wired up your power antenna? I seem to remember seeing this on the forum but I can't find it. The guy at beatsonic said to go to radio shack and buy a switch to turn it on manually, but that still seems kind of ghetto to me. Is there not a wire that only stays hot when the tuner is selected, that I could tap into? Right now the antenna raises even if I'm just listinening to my iPod.
even though it seems ghetto i dont believe there is another way. i did a little research when i was installing the same unit in my ls, and only thing i could do is make it come up when unit is on. (it broke a few weeks later due to age but i dont think they're related)
fatcat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 02:22 AM   #5
Extrudedco
Driver School Candidate

You shouldn't need to do a full disassembly to run the cable. When I did my aux mod I had pulled the cup holder to clean it plus the plastic box/liner thing from the center console and was able to run the cable just fine (it runs next to the shifter, there's some room to work with). I ran it up through where the phone used to be, so you may need to cut or drill a small hole to run the plug end of the cable out.
Extrudedco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 06:21 AM   #6
LiCelsior
Liberty's VIP STi
Trader Score: (30)

LiCelsior

ran mine under the cig lighter through the shifter tunnel and then up into the armrest compartment.
Old 05-04-11, 07:27 AM   #7
emarknot
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by destin94ls View Post

I have a pioneer avic-z1 and it has the option to power the antenna.

av settings--) system settings--) antenna--) power or radio

maybe your settings have this option
emarknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 07:27 AM

Tags
2007, antenna, avh, avhp4300, beatsonic, cable, generation, installing, ipod, lexus, ls400, p4300, pioneer, route, settings, sla20, trunk, yukon