LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Tein EDFC System on Type CA Dampers ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-02, 05:05 AM
CrazyHawaiian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein EDFC System on Type CA Dampers ...

Aloha! New member here. Well I am seriously looking into buying a Lexus LS400 very soon here. I will be doing the car for show, so it will need to be lowered (to accomidate aggressive stance with the deep dish 20's I want to use).

I'm a fanatic about adjustable suspension, so I was wondering if anyone has tried the Tein EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) with the Tein Type CS Dampers/Coilovers. In fact, I was wondering if anyone has any Tein products on their LS400 at all?

I checked the Tein website and it says 'Will Check' for all years of the LS400 as far as the EDFC on the Type CS Dampers. This setup would allow you to adjust your ride height on the fly from inside the car (with the touch of a button!). Would definately be cool to be able to raise the car for speedbumps or driveways and dump it out flat for show .... all while sitting in the drivers seat!!

Thanks for any info anyone might have!!
Old 08-23-02, 05:12 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tein EDFC doesn't let you control ride height from inside the car just damping.....hard to soft ride. Hope this helps. on a lighter note....my brother lives out there in Hawaii.