LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Exhaust Pics! Finally! Yesss!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 01:31 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Exhaust Pics! Finally! Yesss!!! :)

It's about time I get some pictures of my new mufflers on here! I've had it for a few weeks, the weather finally let up enough to get some decent pics. Also have my caliper stickers on, I love them! Love the muffs too! I may look into getting full exhaust some day, but for now I'm VERY happy with my current setup. I had the pipes coming out of the pre-mufflers replaced with 2 1/4" into my mufflers, and the 3rd cat straight piped. Sounds great when I get on it, and still dead silent on the highway or just cruising through town.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you think!
Old 05-01-08, 02:03 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice indeed - looks like MagnaFlow's with the integrated tip. I agree they wake the car up but not too bad. Didn;t know they had caliper stickers -nice touch
Old 05-01-08, 02:08 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Found them over at LOC. About $16 USD they're air mailed from the UK, and you can get a bunch of different colors. I like them a lot, a nice little touch to spice up those beastly calipers! haha.

If anyone's interested...
http://store.icocn.com/product.php?p...t=0&bestseller
Old 05-01-08, 03:23 PM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking exhaust. Those mountains in the background are stunning. Are they the "Canadian" Rockies?
Old 05-01-08, 03:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks nice
Old 05-01-08, 03:45 PM
DIY LS400
Rookie

Do you have a rear end shot?

Car looks so clean and nice house!
Old 05-01-08, 04:24 PM
Scorny
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful...!...
What year is your ride ?
Old 05-01-08, 05:01 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scorny
Beautiful...!...
What year is your ride ?
its a 1997
Old 05-01-08, 05:13 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

ive got to be honest man im not feelin it! but your doing what makes you happy and thats what matters
Old 05-01-08, 05:20 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brandicus
ive got to be honest man im not feelin it! but your doing what makes you happy and thats what matters
Not to be offensive or anything, but how can you not like his but you like yours? It just seems, TO ME, that his is way more subtle and simple than yours. What don't you like about it? The way you can see the "cans" so much?

Don't get me wrong, Brandicus, I think you're car is beautiful, besides the exhaust... just seems alittle "out there" for my tastes. So I guess I'm just curious what you don't like about jcromes exactly!
Old 05-01-08, 05:34 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Well if I had known i was going to get called out on this I wouldn't have said anything at all.

Yes I dont like how visible the cans are or how large they are, imo they would look much better if they were tucked into the body and cutouts were made for the bumper. I really didnt want to rain on jcromes parade since hes so happy with it so I didnt say anything. He knows that I respect him and anyone who does their own thing.

Like I stated above all that matters is that hes happy with it, speaking of which whats next on the plate man?

Last edited by Brandicus; 05-01-08 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-01-08, 05:35 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks everyone, yeah it's a 97. An no those aren't Canadian mountains. Mount Angeles and others in Port Angeles, WA.

however on the next clear day I WILL take some pictures of my car with Canada in the background

And don't be too hard on Brandicus he's a good guy haha. I didn't want to go too VIP with my mufflers cause..well let's face it, nothing about my car is VIP and I don't have the money to make it like that anytime soon. So I just stuck with what I think looks beautiful on my car. Just a simple clean single tip muff. I didn't want to over-do it with DTMs and have 4 tips hanging off the back, but they look awesome on your car (Brandicus) because you have so many other extensive mods.

Thanks everyone, and don't let me forget to get some pictures with Canada in the background!!
Old 05-01-08, 05:39 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

don't worry about it at all Brandicus no wet parades or hurt feelings over here. Too all their own right .

Next on the plate..... maybe a lip kit if I can find one decently priced. Just as you stated, the cans are very visible, and I think a rear lip will hide it perfectly.

You know where I can find a lip kit for a decent price??

How do you think it would look? Honestly I may have them raised up a little more, there is maybe about 0.5"-1.0" room left to tuck them in.
Old 05-01-08, 05:49 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
Not to be offensive or anything, but how can you not like his but you like yours? It just seems, TO ME, that his is way more subtle and simple than yours. What don't you like about it? The way you can see the "cans" so much?

Don't get me wrong, Brandicus, I think you're car is beautiful, besides the exhaust... just seems alittle "out there" for my tastes. So I guess I'm just curious what you don't like about jcromes exactly!
im not a fan of the way jcrome did his exhaust, which is why i simply refrained from posting.

perhaps simple doesnt appeal to everyone? i personally dont like the round mufflers or the way they sit so low compared to the bumper. at the very least i think dremeling a cutout would be in order...
Old 05-01-08, 06:11 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

well memoryfab is the first site that comes to mind, you might find something there that suits your fancy...

http://www.memoryfab.com/products/aero/car53

Quick Reply: Exhaust Pics! Finally! Yesss!!! :)