LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

4 wheel steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 06:03 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 4 wheel steering

This feature hasn't gotten much discussion.

I remember the early Hondas like the early 90s Prelude, I think, made a big deal out if it. In fact Honda continues to use this, much to their own dismay.

The new RLx had PAWS, or 4 wheel steering, and the early versions had major suspension issues as a result. Tons of noise, clunks and other issues. It's all over their forums. I think they eventually fixed it in later years.

Porsche also does this on some models I think? I'm sure others as well.

Makes parking easier assuming it's all-speed 4 wheel steering.

Eh, not sure the benefit to what's supposed to be a fast cruiser. I have no ambitions to slalom such a car or illusions I could assuming I even wanted to.
Old 02-28-17, 12:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhambler
This feature hasn't gotten much discussion.

I remember the early Hondas like the early 90s Prelude, I think, made a big deal out if it. In fact Honda continues to use this, much to their own dismay.

The new RLx had PAWS, or 4 wheel steering, and the early versions had major suspension issues as a result. Tons of noise, clunks and other issues. It's all over their forums. I think they eventually fixed it in later years.

Porsche also does this on some models I think? I'm sure others as well.

Makes parking easier assuming it's all-speed 4 wheel steering.

Eh, not sure the benefit to what's supposed to be a fast cruiser. I have no ambitions to slalom such a car or illusions I could assuming I even wanted to.
It's helps with low speed maneuverability and stabilization at higher speeds. Both can be appreciated regardless of how one drives their car.