LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Do I have a AC problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-16, 04:23 PM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do I have a AC problem?

2011 LS460 that I dont drive much( second car in the garage). But I dont remember it acting this way.
Lets say I have the AC on and turn off the car. Then the next day I start the car and the ac start blowing within a few seconds. Am I right this is normal?

Now if I start the car within a minute no problem. But if it has been lets say an hour. Then I start the car the auto button green light is on. No air blows out and no set temp displayed. Just the outside temp.
After about 30 seconds the nav screen says Fan Off, then the green light goes off.
Then I have to hit the auto button again to see the set temp and to have it start blowing. So it takes about a full minute from the time I start the car until any air blows out.

Also when I start the car the green auto button light is on but no set temp is displayed. If I push the auto button on and off there is no response. I have to wait about 30 seconds until the nav display said fan off. Turn I can hit the auto button and everything works fine.

Does this seem right?
Thanks for any suggestions
Old 10-19-16, 12:18 PM
flounder
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having that exact issue, and I think it started when I took it to an outside shop for an oil change. They also checked and maybe replaced the AC filter in the glove box. I found this on the forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...or-broken.html.

The car is at the dealer now and I am waiting for them to call with the bad news. If it turns out to be a $1700 fix, I may just have to live with it.
Old 10-19-16, 03:13 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

What is the expensive fix to your problem that I would have to live with if it was my problem?
Old 10-19-16, 04:52 PM
flounder
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the people on the other threats said $1700. The dealer wants $120 just to "diagnose" the issue. I told them that based on my research and the likelihood that the outside shop screwed up the air filter, the issue is the same. I'm waiting for the service rep to quote me on a blower assembly part first before paying $120 for the diagnosis.
Old 10-20-16, 06:08 PM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

This sounds like a blend door problem.

My A/C acted flakey after the dealer replaced the filter in the glove box. I READ the OWNER'S MANUAL to put the A/C in
RECIRC to check the filter. After pulling the door in the back of the glove box, I could see the filter. It did not look to be setting flat in the frame. Without removing the filter, I changed to AUTO and back to RECIRC to see how the blend door was operating. My blend door was not seating over the filter.

With the A/C back in RECIRC I removed the filter and seated it back in the frame. I think it snaps under some tabs. Checking the action of the blend door again, the blend door was now closing over the filter properly. The filter was not seated. My A/C began working properly again.

Try this. Your filter may not be setting flat in the frame. It this doesn't fix it, your blend door may have dislocated from the actuator. That is the expensive part. There is a CL thread that shows the DIYer how to fix it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...tment-diy.html

Last edited by mdpresco; 10-20-16 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added the hyperlink