LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Waze Integration into Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 06:10 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by drcabral
Not seeing the Lexus 460 listed in compatibility table. 😩
2007-2009. What year is yours?
Old 08-24-16, 11:09 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Thank you for your interest in VLine Lexus Infotainment System

Hi all,
Thank you for your interest in VLine Lexus Infotainment System upgrade by GROM Audio. To answer to a few questions that arouse here:
1. The compatibility of the VLine will be expanding to include other Lexus and Toyota models and production years. The presale is for the models/years that are already supported. We are working on adding more.
2. VLine is a stand alone unit that connects to the back of your stereo and uses touchscreen in your car. You do not need the phone to use VLine, except for the WiFi tethering. You can also stream the music with A2DP Bluetooth streaming from any Bluetooth capable phone.
As it is Android based you have the access to Google Play apps.
3. Apple integration (aka Car Play) is pending, however if you have an iPhone you still can use VLine.

The VLine does not affect any other functions of your vehicle - CD, FM, factory Bluetooth, backup camera - etc...

Thanks again, we are happy to answer any questions you may have!

Old 08-24-16, 12:53 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gromaudio
3. Apple integration (aka Car Play) is pending, however if you have an iPhone you still can use VLine.

So does that mean that it would be the same unit that's on pre-order now or would you come out with a whole other unit to integrate Car Play?
Old 08-24-16, 01:45 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

It will be the same unit, but there is no ETA yet for Apple's approval.

Originally Posted by DarKnight
So does that mean that it would be the same unit that's on pre-order now or would you come out with a whole other unit to integrate Car Play?
Old 08-24-16, 02:17 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just ordered one myself. ships sept 30th?
Old 08-24-16, 02:55 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hi all,
Thank you for your interest in VLine Lexus Infotainment System upgrade by GROM Audio. To answer to a few questions that arouse here:
1. The compatibility of the VLine will be expanding to include other Lexus and Toyota models and production years. The presale is for the models/years that are already supported. We are working on adding more.
2. VLine is a stand alone unit that connects to the back of your stereo and uses touchscreen in your car. You do not need the phone to use VLine, except for the WiFi tethering. You can also stream the music with A2DP Bluetooth streaming from any Bluetooth capable phone.
The VLine does not affect any other functions of your vehicle - CD, FM, factory Bluetooth, backup camera - etc...
Thanks for the info. I have two questions.
1) When do you expect to support 2013+ model years?
2) Can your unit also bypass the nav system to play DVDs on the Nav screen when the car is in motion (like the VAIStech ULM71 system)?
Old 08-24-16, 03:49 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by comotiger
2) Can your unit also bypass the nav system to play DVDs on the Nav screen when the car is in motion (like the VAIStech ULM71 system)?
If it has that feature that would be awesome.
Old 08-24-16, 06:51 PM
CharlesCA
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is how I hooked up my iPhone with screen mirroring to my CT200h. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...installed.html
Old 08-24-16, 07:54 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DarKnight
If it has that feature that would be awesome.
In fact, the Beatsonic unit (NDS6223EP; $240) and installation described by CharlesCA above will enable Nav DVD bypass as well as mirror an iPhone. It looks very promising. The original installation instructions are from 2011, and Charles has done it in 2016, so maybe the Beatsonic unit has not changed much. I am not keen on trying this out, but I would be willing to consider it if an intrepid 2013+ LS owner has a good experience with this mod.
Old 08-24-16, 07:54 PM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi all,

Thanks for that. Its like you read my mind lol. Any eta on a vline that supports the 2010 ls?
Old 08-25-16, 09:52 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by GR6RR
just ordered one myself. ships sept 30th?
Yes, that is what we are aiming for. Thank you for your order!
Old 08-25-16, 10:57 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Thanks for the info. I have two questions.
1) When do you expect to support 2013+ model years?
Thank you for your questions!
1. We will be working on it mid September. No ETA yet, but we will keep you posted.
2. No, the only way to play video is through Vline interface. There will be a legal disclaimer on that though.
Thank you!
Old 08-25-16, 10:58 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Robb92914
Thanks for that. Its like you read my mind lol. Any eta on a vline that supports the 2010 ls?
It is supported now. Still testing minor stuff. We will post the update once the VLine will be fully ready for your car.
Thank you.
Old 08-25-16, 02:58 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by melymel96
Looks like Beatsonic has a solution for Apple devices. Already in contact with them to get all the questions answered. Will probably move forward on it.
Hi melymel, I am interested to know what you decide to do. Please check post #24. Is this what you are thinking of?
Old 08-25-16, 06:42 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi melymel, I am interested to know what you decide to do. Please check post #24. Is this what you are thinking of?
You are looking at the wrong components. you actually need this kit for a 2013-2016 with factory navigation. Yes I'm looking into it. Will probably decide sometime next week.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if04ep.html

Quick Reply: Waze Integration into Navigation