LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

how to set TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 08:12 PM
fatalexx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to set TPMS

bought a new set of wheels with new TPMS and need help programing it.. is there anyway i can do it myself. or i have to bring it to the dealer? help guys!!
Old 05-25-16, 08:23 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some tire shops have a handheld device they can program it into your car. Call around and ask them first so you don't need to bring to the dealer.
Old 05-26-16, 03:29 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

you are in California so check with America's Tire Company aka Discount Tire Company. Call around, it takes literally less than 5 minutes for them to swap over the TPMS ids so if they make it seem like it's a lot of labor, they are flat out lying. If I decide to get another set of wheels and tires, I will have my existing OEM TPMS ID's cloned to programmable sensors so my car will always see the same ID's which is the absolute best way to go. I also have a tool where I can program them myself, but cloned IDs to me is the absolute best way to go
Old 05-26-16, 04:05 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
you are in California so check with America's Tire Company aka Discount Tire Company. Call around, it takes literally less than 5 minutes for them to swap over the TPMS ids so if they make it seem like it's a lot of labor, they are flat out lying. If I decide to get another set of wheels and tires, I will have my existing OEM TPMS ID's cloned to programmable sensors so my car will always see the same ID's which is the absolute best way to go. I also have a tool where I can program them myself, but cloned IDs to me is the absolute best way to go
It does take five minutes, but everything costs something...the shop has to fill out a repair order, someone has to bring the car in, someone has to program it, someone has to drive it out, someone has to collect the money, a receipt has to be given. I'd say $25 is fair. Of course if it's a shop that you frequent they might be willing to do it for nothing, but you'd have to be a regular customer. And some of them are a pain to do simply because it's more than just a quick scan of the sensors...some Fords make you jump through hoops of fire...Nissan is a lot of fun too..my LS gave me a little trouble as well. They're all different. Same with the oil light resets, they are becoming a royal pain...it's easier to do the actual oil change than reseting some lights.
Old 05-26-16, 09:14 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts
Default how to set TPMS

Originally Posted by Doublebase
It does take five minutes, but everything costs something...the shop has to fill out a repair order, someone has to bring the car in, someone has to program it, someone has to drive it out, someone has to collect the money, a receipt has to be given. I'd say $25 is fair. Of course if it's a shop that you frequent they might be willing to do it for nothing, but you'd have to be a regular customer. And some of them are a pain to do simply because it's more than just a quick scan of the sensors...some Fords make you jump through hoops of fire...Nissan is a lot of fun too..my LS gave me a little trouble as well. They're all different. Same with the oil light resets, they are becoming a royal pain...it's easier to do the actual oil change than reseting some lights.
Agreed. My point was that it's not labor intensive and there are shops charging an hour labor or some ridiculous price to do a simple job. If the OP has done business with a local tire shop then chances are they may do you a solid and just do it free for you as part of customer loyalty. Discount Tire aka America's Tire Company is one of those companies that has done that for me