LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Changed second wheel set and tpms started working without needing to register ID ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 06:02 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Surely enough, tpms warning popped today... I was surprised how long it took while still showing psi value on the dash screen. I was prepared though as I registered as a beta tester for the tpms function of Carista. Pulled over a grocery parking lot and the whole process of registering new IDs took me no more than 5 minutes and I was done. Way, way more convenient than the techstream route. They did wanted 10bucks for a one week use of that feature on top of what I already paid for the pro version of the app. A bit annoying as I would rather pay a one time fee and be done with it but the whole process was very convenient and worked flawlessly. Very good app
Old 05-30-16, 09:25 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Vansibel
Surely enough, tpms warning popped today... I was surprised how long it took while still showing psi value on the dash screen. I was prepared though as I registered as a beta tester for the tpms function of Carista. Pulled over a grocery parking lot and the whole process of registering new IDs took me no more than 5 minutes and I was done. Way, way more convenient than the techstream route. They did wanted 10bucks for a one week use of that feature on top of what I already paid for the pro version of the app. A bit annoying as I would rather pay a one time fee and be done with it but the whole process was very convenient and worked flawlessly. Very good app
Did you have the sensor ID's written down? Or did the Carista app allow you to scan the sensors in the wheel?
Old 05-30-16, 01:23 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lexo98
Did you have the sensor ID's written down? Or did the Carista app allow you to scan the sensors in the wheel?
If I remember correctly, it gives you the old one only so you need to have the new one written down.
Old 04-16-19, 04:31 PM
rummmy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vansibel
Good to know! Will definitely look into that
I purchased the Carista product for my RX (2017), was unable to program the TPMS sensors (I knew the ID's but could not program them into the Carista App), to the car. Emailed Carista Support. They replied that the RX 2017 (probably 4th gen overall) is not supported for this feature. I returned the carista product.
Ended up buying the Autel MaxiTPMS TS508. Problem solved. the device wirelessly pulls TPMS ID's from each wheel sensor and then programs the ECU of the RX. Took 5 minutes. BTW, When I was at the Lexus Dealer, they specifically told me that they had NO way to get the TPMS ID's from the sensors without pulling the rubber off the rim and looking at the sensors by sight. That's total BS. How can a second party device manufacturer have the fix but the dealer doesn't?
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (04-16-19)