LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

07 OEM - All Weather Mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 11:05 AM
Zeke21
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07 OEM - All Weather Mats

I've been trying to decide/figure out which OEM All Weather Mats would look the best for my model, an 07 LS460 L with executive seating with alabaster interior.

The standard floor mats that came with the car are a brown color and look nice, complementing the interior color well.

This websites shows quite a few options/styles.
http://www.lxsparts.com/scripts/prod...&sortField=sku

They have black and brown mats that simply have the Lexus writing on them. On page 3 at the bottom these is another black mat that has the LS logo on them and is of a different design.

Does anyone have any history on the release dates of the mats or whether one is more appropriate for my car? Does it really matter whether you have AWD or not regarding the fitment of the mats?

Whether you have the alabaster interior or not, which color mat would be best in your opinion?

Last if you have the brown mat shown there could you post a more detailed photo of it. I'm not sure if the brown all weather mat is of similar color as the standard mats that came with the car.

Thank you for your opinions!
Old 05-01-15, 11:18 AM
kitchamp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The options shown on that page that have black and brown available are the first version of the all weather mats (before the accelerator fiasco). These are by far heavier and much better made IMO

The last posting on page 3, the one with the L logo, those are the newer version. Much thinner, don't hold water at all, no lip around the edges.

The redesign of the mats to be thinner was probably so they would be less likely to get caught under the accelerator, but our cars have the pedal mounted to the floor, so I was never concerned about it (again, just my opinion). Also the old version have anchor holds to anchor to the floor of the car like the carpet mats, so they won't slide forward if properly installed.

My car is black with alabaster interior, and I chose the black mats, I wasn't too crazy about the brown ones.
Old 05-01-15, 11:21 AM
kitchamp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeke21
I've been trying to decide/figure out which OEM All Weather Mats would look the best for my model, an 07 LS460 L with executive seating with alabaster interior.

The standard floor mats that came with the car are a brown color and look nice, complementing the interior color well.

This websites shows quite a few options/styles.
http://www.lxsparts.com/scripts/prod...&sortField=sku

They have black and brown mats that simply have the Lexus writing on them. On page 3 at the bottom these is another black mat that has the LS logo on them and is of a different design.

Does anyone have any history on the release dates of the mats or whether one is more appropriate for my car?

Whether you have the alabaster interior or not, which color mat would be best in your opinion?
The options shown on that page that have black and brown available are the first version of the all weather mats (before the accelerator fiasco). These are by far heavier and much better made IMO

The last posting on page 3, the one with the L logo, those are the newer version. Much thinner, don't hold water at all, no lip around the edges.

The redesign of the mats to be thinner was probably so they would be less likely to get caught under the accelerator, but our cars have the pedal mounted to the floor, so I was never concerned about it (again, just my opinion). Also the old version have anchor holds to anchor to the floor of the car like the carpet mats, so they won't slide forward if properly installed.

My car is black with alabaster interior, and I chose the black mats, I wasn't too crazy about the brown ones.

Originally Posted by Zeke21
Does it really matter whether you have AWD or not regarding the fitment of the mats?
Yes, the AWD cars have a narrower foot well (on the driver's side, if I remember right) so you will have to purchase the correct set.
Old 05-01-15, 08:42 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I have the brown mats in my car and they look great.

However, with my mats the "LEXUS" is on the left hand side of the mat on the driver's side. Mine were a gift, but they were purchased from a Lexus dealer.