LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

turn signal bulb replacement-outside rear view mirrot

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-13, 07:17 AM
marylandlp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default turn signal bulb replacement-outside rear view mirrot

The turn signal indicator in my right side outside mirror(LS-460) went out yesterday.I took the mirror apart this morning hoping to replace the bulb .After getting it disassembled down to a subassembly,i'm not sure whether the bulb is replaceable or the subassembly has to be replaced.Has anyone replaced the bulb? tx in advance
Old 05-02-13, 12:11 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandlp
The turn signal indicator in my right side outside mirror(LS-460) went out yesterday.I took the mirror apart this morning hoping to replace the bulb .After getting it disassembled down to a subassembly,i'm not sure whether the bulb is replaceable or the subassembly has to be replaced.Has anyone replaced the bulb? tx in advance
I thought those were LEDs...the dealer may be able to replace that for free since it is not a consumable part if I recall correctly and it is a safety issue.
Old 05-02-13, 12:54 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's a safety issue, can I go to the dealer to have them installed for free!? :-o
Old 05-11-13, 07:11 AM
marylandlp
Rookie

Default turn signal indicator-outside mirror

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I thought those were LEDs...the dealer may be able to replace that for free since it is not a consumable part if I recall correctly and it is a safety issue.
I think your correct that the light is an led. Sewell sells only the sub assembly as a unit. There is a round access hole behind the led that leads me to believe that it can be replaced using a pair of tweezers ,if you can find the right led. After posting my thread, I decided to make sure the light was bad and put 12v.across the connector terminals on the sub assembly. Much to my surprise the led was fine I subsequently discovered that the problem was in the wiring going to the mirror.
When I put the 12v across the terminals,the whole assembly lite up--not just the yellow turn signal part.of the lens,.I've never seen the whole lens lit. What switch position will light the whole assembly?My wife has an es-350 with the same type mirror and I couldn't get hers to light either. tx's for the help
Old 05-17-13, 05:52 AM
marylandlp
Rookie

Default turn signal indicator-outside mirror

finally got around to trouble shooting the problem and found out it really wasn't a problem at all. The entire comet light comes on when the door open/close operation is activated by the remote or door handle.