LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Checking out an LS460L this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 04:39 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Checking out an LS460L this weekend...

Anything in particular I should take note of? I have printed up all the TSB's so I will most likely be getting all that done (assuming everything else checks out on inspection) through a local dealership.

However, I was wondering if there was anything/any advice from the current owners I should look out for?

Looking forward to (hopefully this weekend) joining the Lexus community
Old 12-03-10, 06:50 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you not only get the CPO Warranty, but ask about all the recalls being taken care of. Ensure you know what you are getting, IE: Mark Levinson Stereo, Ride Height Option, is it an "L" Model? These are a few things I learned about when looking to buy mine, and am glad I got all these options as I would be wanting them after I bought!

"L" is not important to all, but the stereo and air ride are a must IMHO. Good luck!
Old 12-03-10, 06:58 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Mark Levinson and Air Ride are definitely on the car. Those are two deal breakers and I am definitely getting those options, almost the reason why I sternly wanted to get an LWB version.

Don't know if a CPO warranty can be transferred between private seller to private buyer but I will inquire about this.

As for the recalls, the seller is not aware of any of them so he didn't know they even existed, which is why I mentioned it in my OP that i'll most likely be taking care of the TSB's myself.
Old 12-03-10, 07:06 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Mark Levinson and Air Ride are definitely on the car. Those are two deal breakers and I am definitely getting those options, almost the reason why I sternly wanted to get an LWB version.

Don't know if a CPO warranty can be transferred between private seller to private buyer but I will inquire about this.

As for the recalls, the seller is not aware of any of them so he didn't know they even existed, which is why I mentioned it in my OP that i'll most likely be taking care of the TSB's myself.
I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe the warranty is transferrable. You cam call a local dealership and ask to make sure. If so, cool, if not, I would think Lexus would still take care of the recalls, and if the VSR is one needed, you should then receive the extra warranty they are adding for the whole recall issue!

Let us know how it goes!
Old 12-03-10, 07:15 PM
kitchamp
Rookie

It's a great car, I picked my 460L up a few months ago. The one thing that I would add:
check for the gummy trunk button - I felt like I had to jump circus hoops to get my dealer to address the issue

Good luck with the purchase!
Old 12-03-10, 07:19 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitchamp
It's a great car, I picked my 460L up a few months ago. The one thing that I would add:
check for the gummy trunk button - I felt like I had to jump circus hoops to get my dealer to address the issue

Thank god I haven't had that issue, but I don't know any CA owners that have! I wonder if it's a climate issue?!?!
Old 12-04-10, 10:15 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Originally Posted by kitchamp
The one thing that I would add:

Thanks for the advice! Will definitely check out this issue.