LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Three Quick questions about my ls460

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:06 AM
Joe Cat
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three Quick questions about my ls460

2008 LS460 Smart key - Nave Car

Does the button in the Car that opens the Trunk ALSO CLOSE THE TRUNK??

Does the remote trunk feature on the key fob ALSO CLOSE THE TRUNK???
If not can i program it too????

And do the air conditioned seats do absolutely anything thats noticeable??
Cause I feel NOTHINGGGGG at all? Does it take time,?? Can I test it somehow??

And the drivers door is very tight to open and close (never in an accident) Anyone else have this issue??

Just bought last night and read almost everything
Red car with 34K

Thank you all in advance
Joe
Old 07-23-10, 10:24 AM
elite7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Cat
2008 LS460 Smart key - Nave Car

Does the button in the Car that opens the Trunk ALSO CLOSE THE TRUNK??

Does the remote trunk feature on the key fob ALSO CLOSE THE TRUNK???
If not can i program it too????

And do the air conditioned seats do absolutely anything thats noticeable??
Cause I feel NOTHINGGGGG at all? Does it take time,?? Can I test it somehow??

And the drivers door is very tight to open and close (never in an accident) Anyone else have this issue??

Just bought last night and read almost everything
Red car with 34K

Thank you all in advance
Joe
Hi Joe,

There is a button on the trunk lid that's on the right hand side that you press to close the trunk. Its powered by a motor. I do not force/press the trunk down or try to lift it open since its motorized.

I just tested it out and you can't close it from the interior of the vehicle with the button by your legs and it wont close via the key. Also looking at the list of personalized settings for the LS460 i did not see the option to be able to close it via key fob:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/LS_LPS.pdf

My trunk is power close. Maybe yours is not? I looked at the list of options for the 2008 LS460 and the Power Trunk is listed as an option:

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/LS/2008.html

My air conditioned seats work awesome. They cool really well. Make sure you turn the "****" abelow the shifter to the left side. The left side is for the driver and the right side is for the passenger. If its not turned to the left side with the green light on then no cold air will blow. If it is turned to the left with the green light and you do not feel any air at all maybe a fuse blew or there is a some other problem. Attached is a picture where i highlighted the location of both ***** for you.

My doors are soft close but are really easy to either open or close. It should not be very tight. That's strange.

Just out of curiosity what options are on your 2008 LS460 and how much did you pay?

Congrats on your purchase!
Attached Thumbnails Three Quick questions about my ls460-ls460.jpg  

Last edited by elite7; 07-23-10 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-23-10, 10:39 AM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Motorized trunk closure can only be done via the button inside of the trunk. Agreed, there are times it would be handy to do from inside vehicle. Not sure about vehicles for other markets, but in US it's not allowed, FTC rules I think. Same for windows and sunroof, you can't close them via the remote's lock button, but they will close if you use the key and hold it in the locked direction.

Does your car have the power door close? Not sure if that's standard or an option. If you have it, is the fit so tight that the power closer won't pull the door shut the last couple of inches? I would think this would be a warranty issue unless Lexus can show that it is a result of damage to the car.

AsElite7 said, any binding is not normal. How is the gap between the door panel and other body panels compared to the passenger door?
Old 07-23-10, 10:46 AM
jmcraney

Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

There have been some reports of door hinge failures - check here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ced-twice.html
Old 07-23-10, 10:49 AM
Joe Cat
Driver

Thank you and very well written- Mine is a 08 Red ls460 swb,

Has power trunk- soft close, parking assist, radar, heated wheel, power rear seats, mark, and nave, pollen,

LOVE THE REDDDD! Was going to go for white- but have three other white 34k miles
In service of 1-2008 Never hit from a MB dealer took as trade - $42.000 Love and needed those power rear seats as my wife sits back there with the baby! Sick of that R350 van,

joe
Old 07-23-10, 01:55 PM
adammb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My seats do not seem to cool well either. My mom has an ES350 and when I sit in the pass seat it cools much better. I just had the lower seat cushions replaced and asked them to look into it and never heard back from them. I'm going to contact them right now. Thanks for the reminder
Old 07-30-10, 04:52 AM
G2Lexus
Driver

Not sure about vehicles for other markets, but in US it's not allowed, FTC rules I think.

Not the case. Though you can't do it on the LS you can do it on other vehicles. My wife has a Nissan Armada and the rear door can be opened and closed via remote or inside button. Every time I use it I'm reminded that my Lexus can't do it. Sure would be handy.
Old 07-30-10, 05:02 AM
Joe Cat
Driver

My r350 does it by remote and dash button- WAKE UP LEXUS!!!!!