LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Radar Detector & Adaptive Cruse Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 07:57 AM
dlovato
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar Detector & Adaptive Cruse Control

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any issues with adaptive radar cruse messing up radar detectors. I'm going to buy/install a radar detector in my LS 600hL, but I just had the thought that since the car itself is sending out radar, it might make the radar detector "go off" when it's in use.

Anyone using both the adaptive cruse and radar detector with no problems? I'm hoping they are on different bands so won't "conflict".

- Darryl
Old 11-19-07, 08:02 AM
Nospinzone

Received 428 Likes on 330 Posts

I have a Valentine One and it does not pick up the radar emitted from my Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. However, other models might.

The more important consideration is whether your radar detector interferes with your cc radar. Some radar detectors actually send out their own radar signals (that's how police catch people with radar detectors in areas where they are illegal). The Valentine One does not emit any radar waves. I don't know if it would interfere, but it is something to be aware of. I'm sure I must have passed oncoming cars that had a radar detector emiting its own radar and I've never had any problem with my Dynamic Radar CC functioning properly.

My guess is the Lexus radar is on an enitrely different frequency from the police radar frequencies.
Old 11-19-07, 01:29 PM
dlovato
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I have a Valentine One and it does not pick up the radar emitted from my Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. However, other models might.

The more important consideration is whether your radar detector interferes with your cc radar. Some radar detectors actually send out their own radar signals (that's how police catch people with radar detectors in areas where they are illegal). The Valentine One does not emit any radar waves. I don't know if it would interfere, but it is something to be aware of. I'm sure I must have passed oncoming cars that had a radar detector emiting its own radar and I've never had any problem with my Dynamic Radar CC functioning properly.

My guess is the Lexus radar is on an enitrely different frequency from the police radar frequencies.
OK, good, that makes me feel better about installing a few hundred $ radar detector. It would totally suck if I put it in, and it went off every time I turned on adaptive cruise...

It may set off other cars detection, but "I don't care" about that :-)

- Darryl