LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

From New York / Money Down??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 01:02 PM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From New York / Money Down??

I see from most of the threads that you guys have been here for awhile and probably know each other.

Anyone from NY?

I put a deposit down on the LS460 a couple of weeks ago and now I am wishing the summer away. The summer is still not here in NY and I can not wait for it to be over with.

I bought through Bay Ridge Lexus. I had 3 ES300 through them. 2 years ago I went with the C320 4matic Mercedes. Sorry from day 1. The car has all the amenities and is fast as hell. Not much into that kind of ride. I like holding the wheel with 1 hand and the stick with the other. The Benz has the stick shift that changes gears with the slightest touch. I should have known. During the test drive the salesman keep telling me to keep 2 hands on the wheel. I thought is was something he was supposed to tell because of some legal thing.

I am trying to gobble up all I can reading this and that. Much of the official stuff is from Jan and April, there is nothing new. I contacted my dealer about pricing Monday and he said there is still no word.

I guess this is the place to find up to the minute news. I saw the other thread with the latest website that shows all the highlights.

Something I was curious about, Money Down. Don't know if there are any dealers here or not. I put down a nice piece of change and asked the salesman if that will help put me up front on the waiting list. He said there was no money down required to be on the waiting list, but he said it should help.

Anyone know if the amount of money you put down, dictates the place you are on the waiting list.
Old 06-07-06, 01:55 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The amount you put down does not dictate the place you are on the waiting list. You give your deposit, and you are served on a first come, first serve basis. Or at least that is how the dealership should treat you. Lexus is not "exclusive," unlike how some other luxury marques want to be.

Pricing will not be available until a couple of weeks before the release. Therefore, it's best to stop haggling the dealer, and look at this Forum for pricing. We have ways to get info much much sooner than the dealers...
Old 06-07-06, 02:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to CL!

I have read posts on this board and elsewhere, people know exactly what # they are on the waiting list, and I agree that more $$$ does not move you up. It's very democratic, first come first served, from what I hear. But you should know what # you are on the list, I think...at least some dealerships let you know.
Old 06-07-06, 09:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes i believe you can ask what position you are on the list, and from what i know so far, usually they jsut take 500 to 1000 deposit, and that's it. not sure if they will "take more", but i highly doubt they would push you up the list just coz' of that. i mean, they are going to charge you the same price for the car in the end anyway
Old 06-08-06, 05:09 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all.

i will email salesman and ask what # I am.

Thanks again