LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Wife loves LS460 ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 08:20 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Wife loves LS460 ride

Well my wife hated my LS400 and Loves my LS460. We use it every time we go out together. After riding in this a lot she wanted out of her beloved 2015 Limited 4 Runner for a smoother driver. We traded it yesterday for a loaded up 17 Grand Cherokee. Way smoother ride and pretty dark red color. It has all the new safety features. Man those 4 Runners have great resale value. It stickered for 45k discounted to me for 40k (end of the month super deal from Auto Nation). I got 5 grand off the Jeep and $35,500 for the 4 Runner.
Old 03-03-17, 08:38 AM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

That's because Cherokee's are really poorly built vehicles. Reliability is well below average vs Toyota's well above average rating. But anyway, congrats on the new Jeep.
Old 03-03-17, 08:45 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, looking at all the repairs on the LS460, maybe the Jeep won't be so bad(?)
Old 03-03-17, 08:48 AM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Well, looking at all the repairs on the LS460, maybe the Jeep won't be so bad(?)
Lol, that's true. Well 2007's are pretty much the worst year to buy...
Old 03-03-17, 08:49 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

My sister and her husband have a 2015 Grand Cherokee with 50k on it and have had 0 problems. They are going to get a new one for the new safety features.
Old 03-03-17, 08:52 AM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
My sister and her husband have a 2015 Grand Cherokee with 50k on it and have had 0 problems. They are going to get a new one for the new safety features.
I'm sure there are few out there without issues. Oddly enough owner satiation is pretty high. It does seem to be a Jeep thing. I would never personally buy any Chrysler products.

Last edited by Lexuslsguy; 03-03-17 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-03-17, 09:04 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

My wife LOVED her Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 l V8, but the issues with it were never ending. But man, that thing was unstoppable in adverse conditions. I agree with some of the others here, the Jeep brand is hugely problematic and the transmission is the biggest issue (as is the case with Dodge in general). Considerable lemon law cases with it. I wouldn't touch one again with a ten mile pole. I know members here keep mentioning issues with 2007 LS460 models, yet I never see any actual evidence of same. I'm not saying there isn't issues, I just haven't read of any first hand accounts.

Regardless, enjoy the new ride! I know my wife did, but she didn't have to deal with the constant repairs - I did..."honey, why is my coolant light on? Honey, why does the transmission shift funny?" "I love my Jeep".....

Last edited by roadfrog; 03-03-17 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-03-17, 10:37 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Originally Posted by Lexuslsguy
Lol, that's true. Well 2007's are pretty much the worst year to buy...
Lol, that was my thought as well when I started reading OPs post !!!!. I owned V8 4Runner before purchasing GX for about 1.5 yrs and lost $4k in trade-in. Holds a vey good resale value and built like a tank.
Old 03-03-17, 11:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I had two WK2 Grand Cherokees (current generation), first one had some annoying electrical issues, but I liked it enough to get another, more highly optioned one. That one was awesome, loved it but had to trade it on the van when our kids were born. I would buy another one without hesitation, and wouldn't even consider a 4Runner over one, more reliable or not.

They are really nice vehicles, and on higher trims VERY nice inside (nicer than the LS460), great ride, very quiet.
Old 03-03-17, 09:38 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I had two WK2 Grand Cherokees (current generation), first one had some annoying electrical issues, but I liked it enough to get another, more highly optioned one. That one was awesome, loved it but had to trade it on the van when our kids were born. I would buy another one without hesitation, and wouldn't even consider a 4Runner over one, more reliable or not.

They are really nice vehicles, and on higher trims VERY nice inside (nicer than the LS460), great ride, very quiet.

After a couple days I really like the Jeep. It by no means even comes close to driving my LS460. Im smitten bad with my Lexus.
Old 03-04-17, 03:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

After a couple days I really like the Jeep. It by no means even comes close to driving my LS460. Im smitten bad with my Lexus.
It doesn't ride nearly as nice no, but depending on the trim the interior is really nice. What trim is yours?
Old 03-04-17, 06:41 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW15LS
It doesn't ride nearly as nice no, but depending on the trim the interior is really nice. What trim is yours?
Its a dark red Limited with a couple high dollar packages. Too many options and features to list but I could have gotten the Overland for the same price that came standard with most of my options but you had to take the air suspension that way. Also 20 inch wheels and I didn't want either of those so I piece mealed a limited with options. It was on the lot ready to go. They have hundreds of them optioned every which way.
Old 03-04-17, 06:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Its a dark red Limited with a couple high dollar packages. Too many options and features to list but I could have gotten the Overland for the same price that came standard with most of my options but you had to take the air suspension that way. Also 20 inch wheels and I didn't want either of those so I piece mealed a limited with options. It was on the lot ready to go. They have hundreds of them optioned every which way.
Thats the difference. Overland and above makes a huge impact (I had a 2011 Laredo X (essentially a Limited) and a 2014 Overland). Overland gets you the upgraded napa leather seats, the leather dashboard and upper doors, real wood trim and wood/leather steering wheel. The air suspension also improves the ride, although they ride pretty well on the standard suspension too. Going even beyond that the Summit adds a suede headliner, even better leather, and theres an extended leather option on the Summit which gets you full leather coverage on the lower dash, doors and console also which is really, really nice. Summit also adds active noise cancellation and acoustic glass.

I miss that Jeep for sure. I'm considering an SUV/CUV next time if I don't decide to keep the LS and I would definitely consider a Summit with the extended leather.
Old 03-04-17, 01:36 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

I like the ride of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's a nice looking vehicle in and out. They do have their problems, but kenny44 is a former tech, I'm sure he'll be able to handle the minor problems that may pop up (when the vehicle goes out of warranty). But personally I love the new 4Runner..love the way it looks, love the reliability - although having said that I've never driven one - but every time I drive by one I think...man I just love the way those things look.

As for the 07 LS460...this has got to be the single most scrutinized vehicle on the road today...146,000 miles on mine and it's been cheaper to maintain and more reliable than a Honda Civic.
Old 03-07-17, 06:03 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I like the ride of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's a nice looking vehicle in and out. They do have their problems, but kenny44 is a former tech, I'm sure he'll be able to handle the minor problems that may pop up (when the vehicle goes out of warranty). But personally I love the new 4Runner..love the way it looks, love the reliability - although having said that I've never driven one - but every time I drive by one I think...man I just love the way those things look.

As for the 07 LS460...this has got to be the single most scrutinized vehicle on the road today...146,000 miles on mine and it's been cheaper to maintain and more reliable than a Honda Civic.
Who knows how long we will keep the Jeep but Mopar has unlimited mileage and years factory extended warranty's for under 3k, $100 deductible and covers most everything. I would buy that the day before the original one runs out if I was going to keep it long term. This car does everything (but 4 wheel) way better than my 4 Runner did and is a really sweet ride . The platform is mirrored after the ML350 and the cars feel very similar. Chrysler and Mercedes were hooked up when the new Jeep was being developed for 2011. A ML350 loaded like the Jeep is 72k.

Quick Reply: Wife loves LS460 ride