LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Got an eBay techstream running

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-17, 07:32 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

oh wow, so you can change the height, but your not sure if its able to be saved

This is still a great start , thanks for taking the time to try to figure it out
Old 02-09-17, 08:41 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by mckellyb
Well, I found where you can adjust height, but I'm not convinced it 'sticks'.

Though, without moving, but with cycling the suspension back up, setting it where I want it, each wheel well's lip 28" off the ground, it's a solid inch lower than it was at 28.5", 29.5" previously (about), all-around. We have a trip, tomorrow, so I'm leaving it be for the time being. I just can't find a place to "save" what you change. There must be...somewhere.

Where she sits, now.
I couldn't get the lighting right with the garage door closed or open, so it's not easy to compare with the first image, but at least I know there's a little bit of a change.
The car looks great lowered by an inch - it's noticeable. Let's hope this height is maintained, but maybe you will also figure out how to save a new height. Have a safe trip!
Old 02-09-17, 10:08 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

I think it was actually saved in this lowered height setting. Took it to dinner, tonight, and it felt like a higher climb out/longer fall in.

I'll verify in the AM, but if so, the most difficult part is getting all the corners at the same height, because as you adjust one, the others change. I got them to within about 1/3" of each other and called it good.

I have a feeling I'll need to adjust the nose, again, as it was where the most change occurred.

I fear the max adjustment for "height high" is 25 MM, or effectively right at an inch.
The following users liked this post:
1WILLY1 (02-10-17)
Old 02-10-17, 03:14 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Looks like the Set Height utility in Techstream works, but it appears to be more work and trickier than I imagined. Adjusting each corner individually needs a lot of trials, and could be asking for trouble. If I recall correctly, raefkrad also mentioned that the utility can help lower the height by a certain amount, and using the "Height High" button on the console returns the vehicle to normal ride height. So, this method may not work at all to increase height and top out the suspension in the manner you hoped for.

Hope your car behaves itself after the height changes you made. I can now better appreciate the Datasystems controller which provides a wide range of height adjustment seamlessly.
Old 02-10-17, 08:34 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Looks like the Set Height utility in Techstream works, but it appears to be more work and trickier than I imagined.
Yup. Unless various heights can be saved and loaded in the Techstream, the DS controller is still the way to go IMO.

Thanks for info mckellyb
Old 02-10-17, 02:57 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Well, the setting held, 'cause we drove it 300 miles today.

Height high I figured out the max setting was 30 mm, but it seems to be higher. I'll check it when we get home.

I do need to go back through it and re-level all the corners. It'll be a pain, but worth it. I do wish the entire front or rear could be done at one time, like they can be 'played with' in another section of the suspension area.

Damn, but a DS controller be 'spensive! Maybe someday.
Old 02-10-17, 05:00 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Well, the setting held, 'cause we drove it 300 miles today.

Height high I figured out the max setting was 30 mm, but it seems to be higher. I'll check it when we get home.

I do need to go back through it and re-level all the corners. It'll be a pain, but worth it. I do wish the entire front or rear could be done at one time, like they can be 'played with' in another section of the suspension area.

Damn, but a DS controller be 'spensive! Maybe someday.
That's amazing man, excellent job
The following users liked this post:
mckellyb (02-11-17)
Old 02-10-17, 05:02 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 213374U
Yup. Unless various heights can be saved and loaded in the Techstream, the DS controller is still the way to go IMO.

Thanks for info mckellyb
How many settings do you need in all honestly though

For me having the car dropped maybe 1 inch all around is good, and you have the "height high" button for going back to stock if you need too

That's all I need , and ill gladly pocket the $900 savings and put it towards a vacation or set of wheels or something useful
The following 2 users liked this post by 1WILLY1:
dlbuckls10 (02-10-17), mckellyb (02-12-17)
Old 02-12-17, 01:20 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
A lot of folks want it on the bump stops when parked, but I can't do that, personally, in a physical sense, so I'm with you on the two-level thing being enough.
Old 02-12-17, 10:20 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
That's EXACTLY what I need! LOL. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a used older laptop with XP!
I've got one at home just for that purpose. Mine has HP Tuners and EfiLive for GM, Vag Com for Audi and EdiBias for BMW on that one computer. It looks like Techstream might be the next addition to it. I have Carista, but to be able to dive into Lexie (our LS460's name) a little deeper, would be nice.

It's my go to for diagnostics.

Thanks for posting this because even pirated, that's a Great price, especially if it works.
Old 02-14-17, 01:43 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone reading this thread and being bummed you don't have an XP laptop hanging around....

I have this running on a 64-bit Win 10 laptop, no problem. Installation was a little bit more involved than double-click-setup-come-back-in-two-minutes, but not much more.

To be fair, I've been an IT-guy for 15+ years, so I look at computer-related items differently than most, but still, wasn't at all difficult.

FreddyG, I know how it is. I have a 19 year old W2K desktop I built sitting on an adjacent desk which I keep around 'just in case'. I've found I use it only every few years, but as long as old hardware is around, hey, better to have it than not.

Oh, and the TS settings are saved. It looks good, TBH, and ride quality did not suffer. I've even semi-tried to bottom it out/drag stuff, but nope.
Old 02-14-17, 04:55 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152191859688?rmvSB=true
Works on any Windows version with 32 or 64 bit. Can't go wrong here.
Old 02-14-17, 07:48 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1

For me having the car dropped maybe 1 inch all around is good, and you have the "height high" button for going back to stock if you need too
This is a reasonable point to consider as I have zero intention of "slamming" it, but really just want to do away with the monstrous ride height. And I know for a fact I'll never need the Height High mode around Austin so having that return it to Normal height would be ideal.

Oh, and the TS settings are saved. It looks good, TBH, and ride quality did not suffer.
That's definitely good to know! I think you're local to Austin from a post in another thread, but if you wouldn't mind I'd love to see what the Techstream offers as far as functionality before I purchase for myself. I'd be happy to bring the beers

I am curious of one thing though: The LS automatically lowers itself at sustained highway speeds. If you've lowered it 1" all around for normal driving, will it lower itself still at speed? What is that final height? I'd hate to be cruising east out of Texas and onto Louisianna's highways and tear something up.
Old 02-16-17, 07:34 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by burny
I wonder what they newest version is. I picked this up a while ago and I am running 10.00.028. Might have to look around.

Personally running on x64 is not a need for me. I picked up a old dual core Dell laptop (Vista licence on it) for free, works fine but slow. Dropped in a 60gb SSD (found used on ebay for $12), and installed WIndows 7 x32 pro (I own a few reatail licenences), as it's only got 4gb of memory. And got a new 3rd party battery for $15...

The laptop will last about an hour and 1/2, runs Techstream perfectly and I use it JUST for this.
Old 02-16-17, 07:59 AM
Tom2769
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by burny
This looks promising. Burny, have you tried this and can you confirm that it works as advertised (preferably on Windows 10 64-bit)? I've been looking for a version of TS like this that is confirmed to work...

Quick Reply: Got an eBay techstream running