LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Got an eBay techstream running

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-17, 08:27 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by hfahmy
Anyone has a link to this listing? Couldn't find it.
I searched within the seller's store. Here's the link to the cable and software.

Last edited by RA40; 11-06-18 at 12:52 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 01-26-17, 05:05 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by RA40; 11-06-18 at 12:52 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 01-26-17, 06:43 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

You are welcome. Share your experience with this product if you decide to try it. For a $20 investment and a Windows XP laptop, one can have all the access provided by the Carista app and more. This is an extremely tempting prospect, pirated software notwithstanding
Old 01-29-17, 01:15 PM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys reminded me i purchased the touch-stream software and cable. I did a quick install on Windows 10 and it seems to run fine. I am going to go plug it into one of my Toyota's before i try it on my lexus. Pretty straight forward at this point.
Old 01-29-17, 01:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Hope you guys can do some testing on the air suspension, that would be amazing if we could get some adjustment control on it
Old 01-29-17, 02:10 PM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sessayan
You guys reminded me i purchased the touch-stream software and cable. I did a quick install on Windows 10 and it seems to run fine. I am going to go plug it into one of my Toyota's before i try it on my lexus. Pretty straight forward at this point.

Ok, i take it back, Tired connecting to the car and get the VIM error code .Doing research to find the windows 10 64 bit drivers. Anyone have them and care to share them, please do!
Old 01-29-17, 03:03 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

I made several tweaks, I'll try to remember what I did. I had the exact same VIM problem. I remember it was related to the .msi file needing to be deleted, and moving the files mentioned to a specific directory.

Wait! I remember! I was trying to install it to my D drive, because my data drive is a terrabyte, but my SSD is only 128 gig. Once I put it on my C drive, it was happy.

Some of that 4-Runner page no longer applies, and I remember having to do something not mentioned. Let me read over it and see if I can remember what it was.

I know the MVCI driver bit was taken care of by Win 10 and/or version 10 of TIS...mostly. I know the XHorse part was crucial. Skip the registry hack. Oh, and don't bother with looking under Device Manager for items which don't have drivers. They do.

Last edited by RA40; 11-06-18 at 12:51 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 01-29-17, 03:08 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Hope you guys can do some testing on the air suspension, that would be amazing if we could get some adjustment control on it
What kind of adjustment are you looking for. Like being able to vary it, or being able to reset it to a lower (likely) height? Lower height should be no problem, I think, but you won't have a controller to vary it.

See, I, personally, want "height high" to be maxed-out height so my crippled self can get in/out much more easily. I mean, the 20 mm it gives us, OEM, helps, but more would be better. At the same time, I'd like to be able to keep a stock ride height while not in "height high". Even lower wouldn't hurt, but at stock ride height, on stock wheels/tires, it's somewhat painful for me.

Not painful enough to sit and wait a minute to rise the 20 mm, but still, it's not pleasant.

I'll have time to play with it, Wednesday or Thursday...probably Wednesday.

I don't use my cane, either...but should (and it's in the trunk at all times).

Last edited by mckellyb; 01-29-17 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-29-17, 04:57 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mckellyb
What kind of adjustment are you looking for. Like being able to vary it, or being able to reset it to a lower (likely) height? Lower height should be no problem, I think, but you won't have a controller to vary it.

See, I, personally, want "height high" to be maxed-out height so my crippled self can get in/out much more easily. I mean, the 20 mm it gives us, OEM, helps, but more would be better. At the same time, I'd like to be able to keep a stock ride height while not in "height high". Even lower wouldn't hurt, but at stock ride height, on stock wheels/tires, it's somewhat painful for me.

Not painful enough to sit and wait a minute to rise the 20 mm, but still, it's not pleasant.

I'll have time to play with it, Wednesday or Thursday...probably Wednesday.

I don't use my cane, either...but should (and it's in the trunk at all times).
Cool, yes I was hoping to be able to lower the car an inch or so .

Also my left side sits about a quarter inch higher then the right side, would be really cool if we could adjust each corner individually

I really don't need a data controller and hope to avoid getting one
Old 01-29-17, 05:02 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

It would be great if the "Set Height" utility in Techstream can be used to lower the vehicle 1-2 inches below "Normal" height. If this works, the pressing the High button should raise the suspension to the Normal height.

I realize this method will not be convenient like the Datasystems Controller to change height easily, but one should be able to hook up Techstream whenever needed to vary the height in a range. It will be a cheap substitute for the fancy controller. Since this method uses pirated software, who knows what problems you might encounter. I certainly am not interested in going this route. I also cannot see myself buying the Datasystems unit for $1000. I am getting used to the stance of the car!

However, if Carista releases an upgrade for changing suspension height over a range, I would definitely be willing to plunk down some $$ to upgrade.
Old 01-29-17, 05:18 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

You can definitely use it to make all the corners the same height, based on what I've seen.

Also, I'm pretty certain it can be used in a similar manner to drop the whole car a specific amount. However, IIRC, the button to raise it is good for just under an inch, and that's it.
The following users liked this post:
1WILLY1 (01-29-17)
Old 01-29-17, 11:08 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

You can definitely use it to make all the corners the same height, based on what I've seen.

Also, I'm pretty certain it can be used in a similar manner to drop the whole car a specific amount. However, IIRC, the button to raise it is good for just under an inch, and that's it.
That's amazing

so that means the dealer should be able to do this as well

Are you going to try to do any adjustments to your air suspension or do you not have anything planned as of yet?

Thanks man
Old 01-30-17, 12:18 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
That's amazing

so that means the dealer should be able to do this as well

Are you going to try to do any adjustments to your air suspension or do you not have anything planned as of yet?

Thanks man
Yeah, I'm going to play with it. Will take measurements and pics so I can show what can, or can't, be done.
The following users liked this post:
1WILLY1 (01-30-17)
Old 01-30-17, 01:16 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

So, other than the height adjustment for the LS, what else do you guys use in Techstream (illegally) that you can't find in Carista (legally)? Just gathering feedback, so we can improve the app
Old 01-30-17, 02:47 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by hfahmy
Anyone has a link to this listing? Couldn't find it.
I see the cable, nothing about TIS

Last edited by RA40; 11-06-18 at 12:51 PM. Reason: link removed

Quick Reply: Got an eBay techstream running