LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Latest LS500 renderings

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-16, 12:18 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhambler
There was a recent article that talked about that Japanese magazine render and in it discussed the potential dimensions. It said there was just one size: large and it will be 15 mm longer than the current L. That would mean the car is roughly 206 inches in length versus the current 200 inches and 205 inches for the L.

Yikes, that might not fit in my garage. I hope they offer two wheelbases although with the competition moving to one, that seems unlikely.

If it won't work, I'm either keeping this or buying an S7. Or, tear out the dang shelves in my garage, although I would rather not. Guess we will see.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...an-112724.html
If the LS ends up looking like the model that's been showcased in car shows, then without a question, if I were in the market, that would be my primary choice, as that car, to me, just looks amazing. However, the S7 is one hell of a car that is loaded with options. Not to mention very aesthetically appealing!
Old 11-07-16, 12:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

S7 is a VERY different ride than the LS though. If you like the smooth soft ride of the LS, I can't imagine you would like the ride of the A7 let alone the S7...

If you want something a smidge sportier but that still has that big flagship feel I'd think about an S8. The S8 still comes SWB too, the A8 now only comes in the US in the A8L
Old 11-07-16, 12:51 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW15LS
S7 is a VERY different ride than the LS though. If you like the smooth soft ride of the LS, I can't imagine you would like the ride of the A7 let alone the S7...

If you want something a smidge sportier but that still has that big flagship feel I'd think about an S8. The S8 still comes SWB too, the A8 now only comes in the US in the A8L
I absolutely will not argue with this point at all. I had done a very small write-up on a 2016 A7 that my wife and I had taken for a test drive a bit ago. Though not an S7 as you stated, it was still a very, very different drive, and honestly, one that I wasn't all that impressed with, specifically regarding the driving experience. Too much cabin noise, you could feel the road, trans wasn't very fluid at all upon gear shifts, and acceleration wasn't that impressive for a charged V6. Interior/toys were great, however it would clearly take a while to get used to button locations and what everything did. But the appeal of feeling like you were in a cockpit was definitely there.
Again, even though the LS and A7 are completely different vehicles, there was a definite, undeniable difference in build quality, that even my wife took notice of and she isn't a car person at all.
I took the S7 on a ride without my wife and enjoyed the power much more. It was more fun to drive and was impressed by how aggressive the car became in sports mode.
I still think its a great looking car, and though the ride and finish wasn't my cup of tea, its still, to me, a great looking and pretty well powered/performing car.
Old 11-07-16, 12:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

No doubt...theyre great cars
Old 11-07-16, 02:54 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh I would definitely rather have the LS500, but the only constraint is size. I'll have to see what I can do to make it fit and still walk in front of it in my garage without major garage surgery, assuming the dimensions are L length for all models.

The only defining qualities of the S7 is that it's the same price and it will fit. They aren't in the same class. I just really like the way they look and I almost got an A7 before choosing this and since I'm stoked about the purported sub 5 second 0-60 times of the new LS500, assuming it's the 5 liter, I just thought about the S7.
Old 11-08-16, 07:31 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Oh I would definitely rather have the LS500, but the only constraint is size. I'll have to see what I can do to make it fit and still walk in front of it in my garage without major garage surgery, assuming the dimensions are L length for all models.

The only defining qualities of the S7 is that it's the same price and it will fit. They aren't in the same class. I just really like the way they look and I almost got an A7 before choosing this and since I'm stoked about the purported sub 5 second 0-60 times of the new LS500, assuming it's the 5 liter, I just thought about the S7.
l absolutely love the way the S7 looks! Very sporty, low profile car that doesn't really look like anything else on the road. And though the build and interior may not feel of the same quality of an LS, with all of the screens, buttons and the power of a V8 in a "lighter than an LS" feel, its pretty cool.
Old 11-08-16, 07:57 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the front and profile, but not the wheels & the rear.
Old 11-15-16, 06:13 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

New spy shots. You can see the multi LED lights, although it's hard to tell if there's some disguising going on there. I always presumed there would be three.

The rear tail lights can be seen as well, although heavily blocked. The trunk is short, similar to the concept and rendering. I'm wondering what the trunk space will be like.

It shows front sensors possibly for semi-autonomous driving or at the very least front avoid mitigation.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...s-ls-spy-shots

Last edited by Rhambler; 11-15-16 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-25-16, 01:34 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Just noticed the Detroit Auto Show is in early January. I remember reading some speculation that it might get unveiled there, so I guess we will see soon enough.

I also read reports Lexus trademarked the LS500 name, which means the 5 liter is a certainty. I guess they can reuse 400 for the V6 turbo, assuming that's coming. Unless of course they go a different number, I can't recall reading any additional trademarks.

Last edited by Rhambler; 11-25-16 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-26-16, 07:53 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Looks like the exhaust tips will no longer be visible, much like BMW 7 and 8 series
Old 11-26-16, 08:57 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Just noticed the Detroit Auto Show is in early January. I remember reading some speculation that it might get unveiled there, so I guess we will see soon enough.

I also read reports Lexus trademarked the LS500 name, which means the 5 liter is a certainty. I guess they can reuse 400 for the V6 turbo, assuming that's coming. Unless of course they go a different number, I can't recall reading any additional trademarks.
That's funny, my Lexus sales rep told me on Wednesday that he was in a meeting where they rolled out the info on the new LS, he said only one engine option, the turbo 6 around 400 hp, no v8 in the plans according to him but who knows, he could have been wrong. and only long wheel base.
Old 11-28-16, 02:11 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Found a new rendering on twitter. With all my Lexus fanboyism aside I think the new ls is gonna be a extremely sexy machine.
Attached Thumbnails Latest LS500 renderings-photo851.jpg  
Old 11-28-16, 02:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I just hope they don't make it too extreme...
Old 11-28-16, 02:17 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I just hope they don't make it too extreme...
If that's the size of the grill I'm perfectly fine with. TBH I really love the spindle grill. Lexus imo def pulled off the large grilles the best
Old 11-28-16, 02:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by imrankh24
If that's the size of the grill I'm perfectly fine with. TBH I really love the spindle grill. Lexus imo def pulled off the large grilles the best
I'm not worried about the spindle grill as much as I am all of the crazy angles and lines, creases. For instance, I like the refresh ES, I like the RC, I like the IS, I like the LC, but I don't like the RX or the NX, and I don't particularly care for the refresh GS...

Quick Reply: Latest LS500 renderings