LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Can't stream music via Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15, 10:36 PM
LexusGuy91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't stream music via Bluetooth

So I'm trying to stream music via bluetooth using my Android phone with my LS460. My phone is a LG G2.

The past few months when I started it up it's been saying "portable player was not able to connect" or something along the lines of that. I recently had my GPS maps updated to the new 2014 maps so maybe that messed with something. Anways, I tried to go to the audio settings and getting it to connect, but it keeps failing. Telling me to "please check the settings of the audio player" When I try to connect it says that it is connecting to "Huawei-M860" I don't have any Huawei devices, I'm assuming that's the bluetooth audio module? or something along that lines.

By the way the bluetooth works for calls with my phone. I canmake/receive them with no problem.

How do I fix this so that I can stream music from my phone via blueooth?

here are some pics

Can't stream music via Bluetooth-u45yodu.jpg

Can't stream music via Bluetooth-ybnfe6i.jpg

Can't stream music via Bluetooth-saoaoor.jpg
Old 07-22-15, 05:45 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,225 Likes on 967 Posts

Several have had luck by:
1- Remove battery from phone for a minute and restart.
2- Delete all car/phone bluetooth connections. Fresh start.
3- Reconnect phone and music
I've found that it sometimes takes a couple of tries. The fact that it worked before is a good sign.
Old 07-22-15, 06:36 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by swfla
Several have had luck by:
1- Remove battery from phone for a minute and restart.
2- Delete all car/phone bluetooth connections. Fresh start.
3- Reconnect phone and music
I've found that it sometimes takes a couple of tries. The fact that it worked before is a good sign.
I 2nd swfla's #2 point! Go into your phone and remove all bluetooth connections, then in the car delete all the devices. After you have removed all bluetooth connections on both car and phone, go into the car and use the bluetooth setup menu to add a new device. After you initiate that, look on your phone for the new connection and connect to it.

There is a setting in my bluetooth settings, although its a different version, that specifies where the connection is initiated going forward, be it car or phone. I believe this means that you can choose to let the car connect to the device every time automatically, or set it so you must connect from the phone to the car every time. I would look for that option if the above help does not resolve the issue.

-Joe
Old 07-28-15, 12:01 AM
LexusGuy91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out.

It has nothing to do with bluetooth setup under setup and then phones. What I did is go to setup then audio then select portable player, make sure huwaei is selected. Then click option, make sure under connection method it says "from portable player" then click back, then click Bluetooth audio settings,then click register. It'll ask you to connect via Bluetooth, turn on BT on your phone and what I forgot to do before was when playing a song I have the option to choose what device to output the music to. There I was able to choose "car multimedia" I clicked that option, and it connected and started playing music.
Old 07-28-15, 03:45 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,225 Likes on 967 Posts

Glad you figured it out. As you may guess, there are enough different phones with different setup procedures, "car guys" can't always help when it's the phone setting. Maybe your explanation will help others.