LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Remote Start LS460 for $221 installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 06:15 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i suppose if someone REALLY wanted takeover you could try to persuade an installer to hardwire the alarm (only using the bypass module to bypass the transponder) an having the alarm control all other functions for remote start..but the proximity key could trigger the alarm if you got too close before disarming the alarm.. fyi (I'M NOT WILLING TO TRY THIS!!!!!!! as it would take forever to do)
Old 02-20-14, 07:50 PM
TexGS450
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Shibumi1! Are there any remote start systems that you would recommend. Where I live, I'm pretty much limited getting an install done at Best Buy. I usually see the viper systems available.

**Yes I know this is the LS forum but it seems the GS forum is a little light on this topic.
Old 02-22-14, 05:12 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Two times yesterday had multiple flashing and audio warnings for about a minute each while driving. ABS, ESC, V-something all flashing. My Lexus service writer thought the DBAL device that was installed at Best Buy was the culprit. He thought the installer tapped into a wire to get power for the DBALL and when the system noticed a lower voltage it set of warnings.I did not have them check codes. I would think the device is not in use or need power while the care is driving and only needs juice when using the remote feature. Thinking I have to have it removed. Looking for other suggestions from the Club.

Last edited by GregoryNP; 02-22-14 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-22-14, 06:54 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Well, apparently BB didn't install it correctly or indeed, tapped into a source(s) that your vehicle is not liking. These electronic systems are VERY sensitive and the warning systems especially. For example, my nearby Toyota dealer did a brake flush but did not use the Techstream system while doing so. When they took it out for a test drive after the flush, my car threw fits and lit up my dashboard with everything from ABS to brake light warnings and so on. It sensed "something wasn't quite right" and as a precaution, set off the lights. They had to do the whole process again while the car was hooked up to Techstream, in order to assure it all was well and to relax. LOL.

In short, your BB installer needs to fix this up and make it right. Even if it means they need to send you to a more savvy installer.......trust me, they know who that is. My local Futureshop (similar to BB and owned by same here in Canada), would not even look at my wife's BMW for a remote start, but knew EXACTLY who to send us to for the more intricate work required. We had to drive an hour into Vancouver to do it, but that shop knew their work and had quite the niche market doing the exclusive cars and their delicate systems (Audi, Mercedes, Jag, etc). Do NOT let BB sluff this off. YOU paid for the work and THEY need to get it done.
Old 02-22-14, 06:27 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TexGS450
Thanks for the info Shibumi1! Are there any remote start systems that you would recommend. Where I live, I'm pretty much limited getting an install done at Best Buy. I usually see the viper systems available.

**Yes I know this is the LS forum but it seems the GS forum is a little light on this topic.
I highly recommend dei brand alarms.. (viper, python) as they are IMHO the best available..but as we have now shown.. the best products need quality installers or issues may arise..

@GregoryNP it sounds like an improper wire has been tapped into.have BB chk their work...
Old 02-22-14, 08:56 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

I was back at BB when they opened. The installer was there who installed it. He went right to work to check the wiring. He rerouted the wires ( I don't know which ones) and said that the power cord was the one the installation instructions recommended. He thought the wires may have been touching other wires. I drove 2 hours round trip today and no issues. BTW, i had not noticed until this AM that my hood release was not connected.. He also connected that, said he forgot to connect it when the original install was complete. Will keep you informed if issue comes back.
Old 02-23-14, 12:30 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Yeah there is a heavy gauge 12v constant source down there. which is why I knew the problem was elsewhere. ..in the install diagram there's a misprint if u dont pay attn it could lead an installer to connect to the wrong wire...hope all is well now... keep us informed
Old 02-23-14, 04:39 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
I was back at BB when they opened. The installer was there who installed it. He went right to work to check the wiring. He rerouted the wires ( I don't know which ones) and said that the power cord was the one the installation instructions recommended. He thought the wires may have been touching other wires. I drove 2 hours round trip today and no issues. BTW, i had not noticed until this AM that my hood release was not connected.. He also connected that, said he forgot to connect it when the original install was complete. Will keep you informed if issue comes back.
Good news! Keep us posted.............
Old 02-23-14, 04:33 PM
kho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read articles here on the DBALL Interface

Went to Best Buy, after getting to the install tech they knew exactly what I was talking about (the store sales person didn't) I mentioned a Lexus blog says this device could remote start my LS460 with the factory remote. He said, yes-with three clicks of the Lexus remote....all for $221 installed. Appointment in Feb 2014. Will report then. For additional $150 and monthly subscription of $5-$6 it would work with a iPhone for much linger distances but I don't need that.
BestBuyLinkToProduct
GregoryNP- can I get the BB location and your installer name? Just in case my BB installer does not know how to get it done, they could call. My dealership quoted me $700 for installation
Old 02-24-14, 02:01 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

as a foot note....(and being somewhat self serving) reduce your online purchases.. support your local retailers/install shops as we are starting to see alot of them going out of business... soon your only option will be BB... and they wont install anything they dont sell (which would almost eliminate online purchases anyway).... just a friendly word of advice...

here are a few #'s FL is the 2nd largest market (Cali is 1st) for car audio and electronics and we have seen a 35% decrease in retail electronics shops and installaions...in the past yr...

(so sure you can save a few bucks now on online products.......but if theres no one to install it.. what have you really saved)

i now return you to your regularly scheduled thread (sorry for the hijack)

Last edited by Shibumi1; 02-24-14 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-24-14, 03:45 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kho
GregoryNP- can I get the BB location and your installer name? Just in case my BB installer does not know how to get it done, they could call. My dealership quoted me $700 for installation
Don't know my installers name

Last edited by GregoryNP; 02-24-14 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-24-14, 04:34 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
as a foot note....(and being somewhat self serving) reduce your online purchases.. support your local retailers/install shops as we are starting to see alot of them going out of business... soon your only option will be BB... and they wont install anything they dont sell (which would almost eliminate online purchases anyway).... just a friendly word of advice...

here are a few #'s FL is the 2nd largest market (Cali is 1st) for car audio and electronics and we have seen a 35% decrease in retail electronics shops and installaions...in the past yr...

(so sure you can save a few bucks now on online products.......but if theres no one to install it.. what have you really saved)

i now return you to your regularly scheduled thread (sorry for the hijack)

I would have went to a local shop but I am friends with the guy at Best Buy and I am out of town working. If I was close to where I call home, a local Car Electronics shop gets 99% of my work.
Old 02-24-14, 06:45 AM
kho
Rookie

Don't know my installers name

Can I get the BB location?
Old 02-24-14, 06:19 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kho
Can I get the BB location?
Enfield CT
Old 03-02-15, 12:01 AM
14LSSport
Driver

So I finally got around to having my friend take a stab at installing the DEI Remote Start on my 14 LS 460 F-Sport.

This didn't turn out well at all.

I left town a few days after install, I hardly drive the car that much. I was on I-95 and turned on my Radar Cruise control, after a little while, my speedo bounced from 80 mph to around 40 mph intermittently a few times then my dash lit up with ABS, PCS, Trac Control, Hazard, Check PCS lights and info center displaying Check PCS system. I pulled over and turned my car off and and on again, codes went away then came back on later again and I repeated this several times on my trip off/on to reset. I decided to drop by dealer when I got to my destination thinking hard codes would be stored in my computer bur that's not the case, no alarms were stored after I cleared them. When I returned back home, I had All DEI stuff removed today. So far no codes.

I'm done with trying to get a remote start installed on this car.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 03-02-15 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Remote Start LS460 for $221 installed