LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

how to Install ipad in my Ls430

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-17, 09:33 AM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to Install ipad in my Ls430

i want to install ipad on my car but i want to know how to install it & which devices i need
also do i need to replace my stuck AMP or adding other adding other small after market AMP
Old 03-18-17, 09:57 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

First, we will try to help. Second, it would be helpful to know the year, trim package and whether your current radio is Mark Levinson. (if you don't know the trim package, try posting a picture of the radio and center console) Third, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

That said, here goes. Keep in mind, I am a amateur and others on this forum are experts. You probably need to fix your amp unless you want to replace the whole system. Search on this forum and the internet. There are shops that repair these amps, find the posts on this forum for names and links. (United Radio comes to mind). You ship them the amp, they repair and return. Your location may make it harder but it can be done.

Kits from aftermarket sellers like Vais, Grom, iSimple and others allow you to use other devices as an aux input. Highly recommend looking at the Vais site and emailing your questions. Once you figure out how to get it into the current system, where are you going to mount it. I assume there are brackets and mounts that you can get and adapt (i.e: similar to cell phone and gps mounts). If you search the forums, I believe someone mounted an i-pad mini (or Samsung Galaxy) over the nav screen with velcro or similar. Search the forums and try to find those posts.

Alternatively, you can replace the head unit using the Beatsonic or other kits to update the electronics and go from there. This is a place to start. Figure out exactly what you have, what you want and you can get there step by step. I am not aware of any simple, all-in-one solutions but maybe others on this forum are. Good Luck.
Old 03-18-17, 12:32 PM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sgretchko
First, we will try to help. Second, it would be helpful to know the year, trim package and whether your current radio is Mark Levinson. (if you don't know the trim package, try posting a picture of the radio and center console) Third, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

That said, here goes. Keep in mind, I am a amateur and others on this forum are experts. You probably need to fix your amp unless you want to replace the whole system. Search on this forum and the internet. There are shops that repair these amps, find the posts on this forum for names and links. (United Radio comes to mind). You ship them the amp, they repair and return. Your location may make it harder but it can be done.

Kits from aftermarket sellers like Vais, Grom, iSimple and others allow you to use other devices as an aux input. Highly recommend looking at the Vais site and emailing your questions. Once you figure out how to get it into the current system, where are you going to mount it. I assume there are brackets and mounts that you can get and adapt (i.e: similar to cell phone and gps mounts). If you search the forums, I believe someone mounted an i-pad mini (or Samsung Galaxy) over the nav screen with velcro or similar. Search the forums and try to find those posts.

Alternatively, you can replace the head unit using the Beatsonic or other kits to update the electronics and go from there. This is a place to start. Figure out exactly what you have, what you want and you can get there step by step. I am not aware of any simple, all-in-one solutions but maybe others on this forum are. Good Luck.

my Ls430 2001 model the interior is same this one in the picture
what I want to accomplish is to install the Ipad in the dash in place of the radio unit i want to remove all of it and Keep the IPad in place of it
so i need some devices that can connect the IPad to the sound system of the LS430
same this video

only the ipad installation required not the other modifications because it will cost me the price of the car itself
I saw alot of videos but i did not found video that show all the steps one by one all of them cut the most important part which is the electronics and the wiring

thanks i hope my idea is clear
Old 03-19-17, 03:57 AM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Any one have an idea how ??
Old 03-19-17, 06:37 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

It looks like it has been done. Search this forum for "ipad installation" or similar. Also, check out this link. You might want to try contacting the member who posted it. Good luck.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...d+installation
Old 03-19-17, 02:13 PM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Google Audio Designs and Custom Graphics in Jacksonville, FL. they posted a you tube video showing the ipad in the LS430 without nav.
Old 03-19-17, 08:52 PM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Google Audio Designs and Custom Graphics in Jacksonville, FL. they posted a you tube video showing the ipad in the LS430 without nav.
Thanks i will check out
Old 03-21-17, 11:26 AM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Any Ideas ???
Old 03-21-17, 11:54 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Limits adjust of audio and climate (unless I remove velcro attach device). However, it is workable. Set up the audio setting and don't expect to change. Put climate on automatic.
Old 03-21-17, 11:56 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry that's if you have Nav/Mark Levinson stereo.
Old 03-21-17, 03:25 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 102 Posts

Do you have alternate climate adjustments? I can only adjust my climate via the screen, so if so you would probably always have to have the screen accessible. Unless you had some control over the module with a custom iPad app or something.
Old 03-21-17, 08:14 PM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Do you have alternate climate adjustments? I can only adjust my climate via the screen, so if so you would probably always have to have the screen accessible. Unless you had some control over the module with a custom iPad app or something.
Thanks my friend
but i will install the ipad below he the air vent and climate adjustments my LS430 is not ultra so no navigation
just audio and CD changer i will install my ipad in that place
Old 06-06-17, 10:29 AM
alnader
Driver School Candidate

Finally i done my installation of my Ipad removable and wireless through Bluetooth to car factory Amp
I will post the pic later