LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 hood is impervious to beer

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 03:57 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default LS430 hood is impervious to beer

Was at the game today, get back to the car and there are these drunk young kids all around, and one is about to land on the hood. If I were 25, it would have been a fistfight, but the times have changed. I think one dude tried to help his buddy from falling onto my hood, and lucky for me. Cuz the guy poured beer onto it as he was falling....in reality, no harm was done so lucky times have changed lol

Name:  th67_zpshhag1fzo.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  574.6 KB
Old 11-13-16, 04:19 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

LOL! I've been in line for 10 YEARS for Eagles season tickets. I'm currently customer #677. The customer service rep said MAYBE in 2-3 years my # will be available to purchase season tickets.
Old 11-13-16, 04:26 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

It made me think, everyone is so angry nowadays.....what if someone almost landed on the hood of your car, but tried not to, was drunk, and in the process poured a beer on it? Maybe if nothing bad happened, it's ok to let it go (so glad he didn't lose his grip on the bottle or something)....but I know when I was young it would have gotten me really angry....nice win today!
Old 11-13-16, 05:55 PM
jdudeski
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
It made me think, everyone is so angry nowadays.....what if someone almost landed on the hood of your car, but tried not to, was drunk, and in the process poured a beer on it? Maybe if nothing bad happened, it's ok to let it go (so glad he didn't lose his grip on the bottle or something)....but I know when I was young it would have gotten me really angry....nice win today!
lol. This made me think of last year in Vegas. We were driving through Vegas and stopped for some food. A woman parked next to us and went in to get something, then came out a few minutes later. As she got into her car, she let the door go and it hit the side of my truck. She immediately looked over and saw us in the car. That was followed by an awkward look of total panic, followed by profuse apologies. I just literally laughed and said "It's a 15 year old work truck, has 200K+ miles on it and it's certainly not pretty, so I see no problem here!" She was completely blown away that I didn't care. It was nice to turn what usually is a heated thing into a quick, no big deal laugh.
Old 11-14-16, 05:01 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdudeski
lol. This made me think of last year in Vegas. We were driving through Vegas and stopped for some food. A woman parked next to us and went in to get something, then came out a few minutes later. As she got into her car, she let the door go and it hit the side of my truck. She immediately looked over and saw us in the car. That was followed by an awkward look of total panic, followed by profuse apologies. I just literally laughed and said "It's a 15 year old work truck, has 200K+ miles on it and it's certainly not pretty, so I see no problem here!" She was completely blown away that I didn't care. It was nice to turn what usually is a heated thing into a quick, no big deal laugh.
This has happened to me 3X, and luckily, in the Maxima (1998), not the BMW (2007 and ding-free for 10 yrs., though PDR 2X). 2/3 times the women apologized profusely (I see a pattern emerging sorry if not 100% politically correct). The last time at the Post office, the woman told me to go and **** myself and why don't I get an education while I'm at it? I said huh? What's that supposed to mean? I then made up a story that I'm a brain surgeon and had been in school many years and really don't want to go back to school, so now what are you saying? And she repeated it and in the end, I told her that she had better be more careful in the future, because she may just run into someone not as nice as I am, her last words were go ahead and call the police.....lol (truth is you can't do anything about it)

and seriously I'm glad it didn't escalate yesterday, those kids would have beaten me into the pavement, that's what youth is good for haha